David Gunn coming to Auburn from Arky State

ellitor

Not sure what role he will have. He was the RB coach then later DB coach. Comes from this tweet from Coach Horton.

@CoachTimHorton

Excited to have former teammate David Gunn joining the Auburn family! Wonderful person who is a "difference maker" for kids! War Eagle!

Gunn's bio

I am guessing Director of Player Development

We already have that position filled and here are the current administration type positions staffed. We are also at the 9 Asst Coach limit by the NCAA too so who knows.

2757684.jpeg

Scott Fountain Player Personnel Director

8479595.jpeg

Chad Lunsford Football Operations Director of Scouting

3845511.jpeg

Ben Thomas Director of Player Development

8479592.jpeg

Al Pogue Director of High School Relations

What are the responsibilites of a "Director of Player Development?"

100.gifJust a guess, but it might have something to do with directing and developing players, been so long since a player was developed, I kinda forget how that works.......sorry about the snide remark......I'm just ready to get back on the field and play a game....funny.gif

We already have that position filled and here are the current administration type positions staffed. We are also at the 9 Asst Coach limit by the NCAA too so who knows.

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

Let's hope it isn't to replace Ben Thomas. I don't know Mr. Thomas, but he looks like he could eat wrought iron and poop you a fence!! Not one to make angry!!!

100.gif

Ben played for the Packers Patriots, Steelers, Falcons and Rams as well as for Pat Dye at Auburn.....Dude was a beast and I hope he still has a job left...eagle.gif

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

Let's hope it isn't to replace Ben Thomas. I don't know Mr. Thomas, but he looks like he could eat wrought iron and poop you a fence!! Not one to make angry!!!

Why would you say say this? If Ben Thomas is not pulling his weight and not doing his job then he should have his butt replaced immediately.

wde

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

Why would you say say this? If Ben Thomas is not pulling his weight and not doing his job then he should have his butt replaced immediately.

wde

I have to say i nearly pooped a fence when i read this comment. thanks for the laugh auburngrad97. that was good stuff right there!

100.gif

Ben played for the Packers Patriots, Steelers, Falcons and Rams as well as for Pat Dye at Auburn.....Dude was a beast and I hope he still has a job left...eagle.gif

I thought that name was familiar. I remember him now. He was nasty just like you want your men in the trenches to be.

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

Yes, I believe I read where Ben's motto was, " You develop or I will kick your candy azz. "

The Director of Player development focuses on the off-the-feld activities of football players giving them help in balancing the demands of academics, athletics, community outreach, and their personal lives. They help the transition from high school to college, media relations training, serve as a liaison between the players and coaches, setting up tutoring and many other behind the scenes issues. The position was invented to help some of the schools that had several off the field issues with student athletes and was seen as very successful. Most big programs have someone in this position these days.

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

wde

wow. You have know idea what Big Ben does for our program.

2757684.jpeg

8479595.jpeg

3845511.jpeg

8479592.jpeg

wde

wow. You have know idea what Big Ben does for our program.

Agree. He may be doing a wonderful job, but my response was to someone who seemed to suggest he shouldn't be replaced only because he looked mean. Which is why I responded that if he not pulling his weight then he should have his butt replaced immediately. He may be doing great things and if that is true, I hoped he stays on the staff. I will say that based on the how much this football program has collapsed in the past two years, I am of the opinion that very few of the previous staff were pulling their weight.

wde

Archived