2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Just one final question for my Auburn family... If Reuben does not qualify and has to go to prep school or even Junior College. Hypothetically, would you support this new staff in continuing to recruit Reuben?

P.S. Mark Murphy stated at the GBAC on Tuesday night that he would not bet on Reuben qualifying. And he just made it even tougher on himself since he's an Alabama signee trying to get qualified at Auburn High School.

I'll risk the wrath of bumping the thread and ask, what are you implying here?

I think Mark Murphy made that statement tongue and cheek. But all I'm saying is that I'm sure those teachers aren't going to cut him any slack or "let him slide" on any homework assignments or bad test scores. And Saban will not have any power or influence to get this kid qualified in Auburn, AL.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one final question for my Auburn family... If Reuben does not qualify and has to go to prep school or even Junior College. Hypothetically, would you support this new staff in continuing to recruit Reuben?

P.S. Mark Murphy stated at the GBAC on Tuesday night that he would not bet on Reuben qualifying. And he just made it even tougher on himself since he's an Alabama signee trying to get qualified at Auburn High School.

I think Mark Murphy made that statement tongue and cheek. But all I'm saying is that I'm sure those teachers aren't going to cut him any slack or "let him slide" on any homework assignments or bad test scores. And Saban will not have any power or influence to get this kid qualified in Auburn, AL.

Would be funny if he transfers out before the end of the year.

At least send pages 1-750 to archives. ...better yet, move it to non-AU sports.

At least send pages 1-750 to archives. ...better yet, move it to non-AU sports.

Why would that matter? I assume everyone here knows how to get to the latest posts as opposed to the beginning of the thread? It's not moving and we aren't going to parse it and archive it. If you don't like it, don't click on it. If you don't know how to avoid slogging through long threads by going to the latest/unread posts first, then just ask.

If you are implying that a high school teacher who is an Auburn fan would let this kids choice of school affect their gradeing in anyway towards the student demonstrates some serious carracter flaws on their part. I would not want then teaching my kids anything.

If you are implying that a high school teacher who is an Auburn fan would let this kids choice of school affect their gradeing in anyway towards the student demonstrates some serious carracter flaws on their part. I would not want then teaching my kids anything.

NO WT! What they're saying is unlike the many HS in the state that are bought and paid for uat football player factories, an AHS teacher is most likely NOT going to bend the academic rules regardless of who it is and where they're going. Are you saying now that NOT getting special treatment is some type of miscarriage of justice?!? How you would somehow define that as a "carracter flaw" is beyond comprehension. :glare:

Guess I misunderstood what he was saying. I thought he was saying that they would make it harder for him to make the grades than they would for someone else.

Guess I misunderstood what he was saying. I thought he was saying that they would make it harder for him to make the grades than they would for someone else.

Why do you care so much about bama players and bama in general? You do seem to come to their defense a good bit. Not bashing you in any way, just wondering if you have a degree from there, or if your family is tied to the UofA in some way, or if you are just fond of them or something. Either way it's cool.

Why do you care so much about bama players and bama in general? You do seem to come to their defense a good bit. Not bashing you in any way, just wondering if you have a degree from there, or if your family is tied to the UofA in some way, or if you are just fond of them or something. Either way it's cool.

I'm not only an Auburn fan, I'm a fan of good football and they are playing that right now. I want to beat them in every sport we play them in. I am also not a big fan of Conspiracy Theories every time something goes on with any of our opponents. Some here seems to totally dislike any player that plays for our rivals no matter who the are, and that is not right. The problem with college rivals is the fans not the players.

• 4 months later...

This may be the wrong place to ask, but what happened between Rube and Reese Dismukes last year? I have heard multiple stories and I know it is a non issue at this time, but I would appreciate any clarification. Was Dismukes the first to smell the rat and if so, what really went down? I was upset with Reese when I first heard the story, but some have inferred that he was right all along.

This may be the wrong place to ask, but what happened between Rube and Reese Dismukes last year? I have heard multiple stories and I know it is a non issue at this time, but I would appreciate any clarification. Was Dismukes the first to smell the rat and if so, what really went down? I was upset with Reese when I first heard the story, but some have inferred that he was right all along.

There is no concrete knowledge one way or the other as far as I know.

Merged with the Reuben thread in the Rivals Section.

We shall see about that lol

I know little about what happens with AU recruiting other than what I read here but the same people that are telling us ROC is all AU seem to be the same people that told us that guy that was AU HS last year was all AU, Yes Gus and company smelled out Dee Liner but were awfully late in sniffing that guy out that was hanging out all the time with the staff and players....

I know little about what happens with AU recruiting other than what I read here but the same people that are telling us ROC is all AU seem to be the same people that told us that guy that was AU HS last year was all AU, Yes Gus and company smelled out Dee Liner but were awfully late in sniffing that guy out that was hanging out all the time with the staff and players....

Reuben was all Auburn before Troop was fired. And there was nothing to snif out on Reuben. He did not make his decision to flip til just before his last visit. He was not planning to screw us like Dee was.

Reuben was all Auburn before Troop was fired. And there was nothing to snif out on Reuben. He did not make his decision to flip til just before his last visit. He was not planning to screw us like Dee was.

We were told that the bridges were rebuilt and RF was hanging out almost daily at the athletic complex. We were told that he was all AU up till the last weekend before signing day...(just like we are being told that about Roc). We were even told that the reason RF did not come was because Dismukes said something racist about him that last weekend....

We were told that the bridges were rebuilt and RF was hanging out almost daily at the athletic complex. We were told that he was all AU up till the last weekend before signing day...(just like we are being told that about Roc). We were even told that the reason RF did not come was because Dismukes said something racist about him that last weekend....

The disagreement between Reese and Reuben had nothing to do with his choice. The issue Reese had was while on his Auburn visit Reuben said at a cookout that he was going to check out of Auburn early to visit Bama. Reese let him know in not so nice terms that he did not appreciate that and that Reuben could get gone. Whethere he used a racial term I don't know but Reese was not happy to say the least.

The disagreement between Reese and Reuben had nothing to do with his choice. The issue Reese had was while on his Auburn visit Reuben said at a cookout that he was going to check out of Auburn early to visit Bama. Reese let him know in not so nice terms that he did not appreciate that and that Reuben could get gone. Whethere he used a racial term I don't know but Reese was not happy to say the least.

I approve of RD reaction and would hope he'd do it again. Its called integrity of which RF has none

It is a messy muddle of a system, recruiting. When players who have invested a lot and care a lot about their team steps up, it is not what you necessarily want. The coaches make a ton of money coaching and recruiting and that is what they are good at. 18 year olds can probably get a bad taste in thier mouth quickly, and we just fired his (apparently) best friend in the world. I hate he is not player for us, but I can see the other side as well.

I personally could care less about what RF does, I am more concerned with Mr. Roc. And my personal opinion until his name is on a LOI to AU is that he could go to Bama at any moment.

I also heard that not only was there no racial bs but RD caught RF 'cruitin for bama while he was on his AU visit and called him out. I say good for RD.

I also heard that not only was there no racial bs but RD caught RF 'cruitin for bama while he was on his AU visit and called him out. I say good for RD.

I heard a version very similar to this. It had RF attempting to get Montravius Adams to bolt with him. I do not believe that as late as the Saturday prior to NSD that RF didn't know what he was going to do. I'm not saying he was wanting to hurt AU but simply wasn't mature enough to let our coaches know what his decision was. Also IMO he was afraid if he signed with AU that we couldn't get him in, yet he had already been assured that UA could. Hey RF, as they say on Broadway, break a leg kid. (No seriously, break a leg FAIC.) #WDE

Archived