Ole Miss Recruiting

aupops2

SIAP. I listened to an interview with Hugh Freeze yesterday on Dan Patrick, when he was questioned by Dan about the accusations regarding the improper tactics they might have used. He mentioned three schools were guilty of starting these rumors. He further mentioned it wasn't uat or lsu. Anybody want to guess as to he was referring to?

There's already rumor that UGa has turned Ole Miss in for recruiting violations since the Tunsil kid picked them instead of the Dawgs, so they might be one. I don't know who the other 2 might be.

Well, I have no inside knowledge on this subject at this time, but..............Tennessee and Moo State sure like to whine, pout, and accuse when things don't go their way.

I would be very surprised if MSU wasn't one of them. Considering they hate each other, and we all know how trigger happy the hunchback is when he gets butthurt over these kinda of things....

Miss State is the obvious choice.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, but since we flipped three of their commits, I am hoping it wasn't us he was referring to.

Like someone posted above, we won our head-to-heads with Ole' Miss so I doubt that we'd be turning them in.

Georgia over the Tunsil kid.

MSU because Mullen is, well, Mullen.

Probably Tennessee for the third one, just because that sort of behavior goes with their way of doing things.

$o i$ no one going to turn u$ in? Ha$ everyone already forgotten about u$?

:cry3:

I don't have anything against Ole Miss but will enjoy sitting back and watching what happens with the target on someone else's back.

Freeze himself said that they had some big natural ties that they benefited from. I know people are surprised with Ole Miss' class, and I am too, but is it really THAT unreasonable? Denzel Nkemdiche not only had a huge season last year, but that kid absolutely LOVES Ole Miss, and their mother has come out and said that it was her one wish that they would play together. Treadwell has a HS teammate on the team, and when you get two big names like that I don't think it is unreasonable that other big names will follow, especially when the coaches are selling that they can come and do something that hasn't been done at Ole Miss in a really, really long time. They think, well if two 5 star guys like Treadwell and Nkemdiche believe that, then why shouldn't I? I do expect that people will question Ole Miss because of their history, but as Freeze has said, it was the perfect storm. I for one am not expecting Ole Miss to be a top 10 class in 2014.

I'm sure Ole Miss had a good bit of dirty recruiting going on to get the class that they got, but who cares? Alabama always has, Auburn has at times, and even when the turds cheat we can still pull of 6 in a row.

War Eagle

and yes this should be moved to rivals

If having players flip is the criteria, I guess OM ought to turn in AU for cheating.

JMO but I expect as far as the NCAA is concerned, these kinds of whining complaints along with $3 will get you a cup of mocha latte at Starbucks.

Sports blogs seem to be the major hangout for whiners these days....all the " true fans" of any given team are more interested in what their rivals are doing than what is going on at their owns schools. I'm amazed at the number of "AU faithful" who are virtually consumed by the desire to catch Bama at something and burn up their computers with photos, tweets and rumors toward that goal.

I confess, I was an Ole Miss fan back in the Johnny Vaught days before attending AU and I hate that just because their mostly dormant program is showing a little life, folks are jumping on the conspiracy wagon against them. Certainly ESPN was quick to respond with at least three of their talking heads opining that things just didn't seem right at Ole Miss. And of course, these are the same journalistic wizards that still think USCw got hosed or that Cam was guilty or that the death of Teo's girlfriend affected the outcome of the game against Bama.

After the media campaign against AU in recent years, AU fans should be last place these paranoid and unsubstantiated rumors find sympathy.

$o i$ no one going to turn u$ in? Ha$ everyone already forgotten about u$?

:cry3:/>

I don't have anything against Ole Miss but will enjoy sitting back and watching what happens with the target on someone else's back.

Amen to that.

Has anyone ever given thought that maybe--just maybe--Hugh Freeze is a damn good recruiter? It seems like it's gotten to the point that the only person who can recruit 5 star talent in the SEC is Nick Saban. I guess the media has forgotten that the Sabanator was 7-6 his first season at Bama, and, after spending 2 years in the pros at Miami, suddenly sweeps the State of Alabama and gets the #1 recruiting class in the nation in 2008. Of course, it didn't help AU's cause in recruiting that year that dear old Tommy Tuberville decided to go to Arkansas to go duck hunting smack dab in the middle of recruiting season, but I digress. There have been a lot of times when a new coach comes to a school that they do well with recruiting. Pat Dye at AU comes to mind. He reeled in a great class his first recruiting season at AU. After the attention to Ole Miss dies down, I wonder if at that point someone in the medial will point out that Gus Malzahn signed 3 5-star players for AU, and this crap will start all over again.

I did not question their recruiting integrity in the OP. I have no reason nor proof any cheating occurred. Purpose was to see if anyone might know who the three whining schools were. Back on topic, please.

How Ole Miss pulled in so many out-of-state blue chippers,is just ...amazin'.

How Ole Miss pulled in so many out-of-state blue chippers,is just ...amazin'.

Ole Miss' program is as clean and pure as the driven snow.

Look, there are 3 certain things in life: death, taxes and if any Miss. or Ky school's recruiting well they're cheating on a level Gene Stallings would be proud of.

Archived