2016 JUCO ATH Myles Autry

TigerEye24

Looks like we offered the #1 ATH/RB in Georgia for 2014.

4_414676.JPG

Myles Autry, ATH

Norcross, GA

5'10 / 175

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 183)

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Autry is a versatile athlete that can do so many things at a high level on the football field. He starred as a cornerback as a sophomore before moving to running back as a junior. He is so dangerous with the ball in his hands. He glides across the field making defenders miss and he is very elusive, smooth, and quick. He is a running back that has great hands as well. Do not be surprised to see Autry moved around on the next level. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6167583

- Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner

- AU offered 2/07/13

- Visits: 7/05/13

Offers: Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Louisana-Lafayette, LSU, Maryland, Miami (Fl), Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, NC State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCF, UCLA, Vanderbilt, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

The clock starts.....yesterday! These guys don't stop.

If Gus puts up numbers this year, the flood gates will open!

I agree. If we can just win enough this year to get to a bowl game and then win it then we will see a top 5 class next year. I firmly believe that. I was one who thought the new staff did not have enough time to really make any kind of a push before signing day but I was wrong. Now just win some games so these all star recruiters have alittle more to sell and we will have enough talent to win the SEC.

As a Norcross High School graduate myself, I really hope we can sign this kid, or some of his teammates (Lorenzo Carter, Kevin Mouhon). I'm really tired of seeing Norcross kids go to Alabama.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!

A lot of talent comes out if his school and they don't usually come to Auburn. Mouhon has already visited AU, need to stay on him.

• 4 months later...

Autry is very talented. Not a big kid but that isn't his game anyway. It would be awesome if we could start signing kids from Norcross. They are producing talent every year. They always have a couple 4* kids with many 3* and an occasional 5* as well. I'm not sure how close he is with LoZo and Mouhon but both of them have big time talent and I would love to have either of them or all three.

Autry knows he could be a perfect fit in Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense after taking an unofficial visit to the Plains this week and reviewing film with receivers coach Dameyune Craig.

"He showed me the film of how they would use me if I come here," Autry said. "You know, a little bit of slot, a little bit of receiver, a little punt return, kick return and a little bit of quarterback."

"I like it a lot," Autry said. "It's just how my high school used me, and whatever college I go to, that's how I want them to use me."

But a few schools have already made an impact. For starters, his brother, Anthony, will be a sophomore at Georgia Tech next season, and he's also heavily interested in both Ohio State and Florida State.

Auburn earned a spot in that top group this week.

"I love it," Autry said. "They'll definitely be one of my top schools. I've just got to keep cutting down, eliminating schools and go from there."

Autry plans to have his top five narrowed down by the time his high school season starts, take official visits through the course of the fall and likely make a decision near National Signing Day.

Auburn earned its spot in that top group by showing him how he could be used.

"They showed me how they get their running back out in space, how they get their receivers the ball," Autry said. "I could definitely see myself there."

http://www.al.com/au...myles_autr.html

He had great numbers last year while having to share time with Alvin Kamara (uat signee) . One reason he was able to justify a 4* ranking was on his K/P returns and receiving abilities.

Is it just me or does this young man not seem to be as fast as he is being touted. I'm not saying he is slow, he just doesn't seem to have great acceleration or top end speed. I could certainly be wrong. That's just what I see in his highlights. He does seem to have good agility and vision though.

Archived