Men vs. Arkansas Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Shaq had some good moments...but as a team, the defense is not there espec. when they really needed it...the breakdowns leaving easy layups underneath were inexcusable. Offensively, it is chaos....which usually does not turn out too well for us. As has been pointed out....there is no senior leadership and no inside game. We need a dominant power forward, etc., etc.

Boils done to basketball knowledge, the guys on the team who have it, don't have the skill to compete at a high level. The guys who don't, can't overcome that shortfall with athleticism. Those who lack basketball knowledge way out number those that don't at AU.

Guest jojo1515

Wonder where the Barbee supporters from last week are. I stated than that we will see the support disappear after we lose to arky at home by 20. Turns out I was a few points off, but same result. A home loss to the WORST ROAD TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! Arky was WINLESS on the road this year and 0-2 at neutral sites. We let that team come into our house and lead 80% of the game. We might lose to MSU. I have said all along that Barbee, while I dont think it will help; should get another year. I am now not so sure about that. It may be time to move on.

Boils done to basketball knowledge, the guys on the team who have it, don't have the skill to compete at a high level. The guys who don't, can't overcome that shortfall with athleticism. Those who lack basketball knowledge way out number those that don't at AU.

+1. Lack of help side defense, no offensive structure, bad turnovers, taking contested shots rather than passing to the open man. All hallmarks of a lack of basketball knowledge/coaching/practice. Good summary.

I'm beginning to lose faith in Barbee as well. When I look at the recruits who he's signed for next year, I'm really not that impressed. Is Auburn that difficult a place to recruit good players to? I realize AU is not going to get the type of guys who go to Duke or NC or places like that, but with a brand new beautiful facility and a great school, one would think there would be more interest in better-quality players coming to AU. I realize Barbee inherited a complete mess, but I thought by now we'd see better improvement than what we're seeing. I want to say one more year, but just don't know.

My gosh...I obviously put the "kiss of death' on Chubb yesterday. Made three posts in the past couple days defending/praising his effort and tonight he looked like me out there .....and I'm over 70.

No matter what the team overall does,there is always one player that does enough negative stuff to offset the efforts of everyone else. This team is a mystery...no doubt about it. :dunno:

On another note, AU baseball is picked last. If they perform as they are picked, our big three sports will be the worst in the SEC. And Jacobs still has a job. Unbelievable.

I wish more people would realize this. That report that came out a few weeks ago about Auburn having the most loyal fan base just let's the PTB know they don't have to worry about it, we'll blindly support our terrible AD.

Archived