2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

Well we all knew we have to tithe to Bama every year with an elite prospect so I'm glad we got that out of the way early!

Lol, what is sad is it does happen yearly, glad it was an undersized lineman and not someone who is important to the class.

They are still working on that one which is why we won't pull the offer from Casher. The real UAT target is not an offensive lineman, it's Tre. I don't think that will be successful as long as we have a half way decent season.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we all knew we have to tithe to Bama every year with an elite prospect so I'm glad we got that out of the way early!

Lol, what is sad is it does happen yearly, glad it was an undersized lineman and not someone who is important to the class.

They are still working on that one which is why we won't pull the offer from Casher. The real UAT target is not an offensive lineman, it's Tre. I don't think that will be successful as long as we have a half way decent season.

I will spin off something Tre said. Unless Jesus comes back to coach Bama he ain't going there.

I will spin off something Tre said. Unless Jesus comes back to coach Bama he ain't going there.

Yes, I saw that too.

So Auburn builds a little mo, and Saban goes after Tre. Tre laughs him all the way back to the new Barbie Dream House they call a locker room. Saban then turns to Cahser and is able to convince him that he can play guard at 6-1? It is just sad really. I feel bad for the kid.

So Auburn builds a little mo, and Saban goes after Tre. Tre laughs him all the way back to the new Barbie Dream House they call a locker room. Saban then turns to Cahser and is able to convince him that he can play guard at 6-1? It is just sad really. I feel bad for the kid.

He is likely under more pressure from the local Bams than Saban.

He seems like a really good kid, but if he doesn't want to be our guy and lay it on the line for Auburn, well, best of luck.

THIS is the proper response IMHO. No hate or regret is necessary. Kudos to the kid for being honest if he isn't sure about his choice.

He seems like a really good kid, but if he doesn't want to be our guy and lay it on the line for Auburn, well, best of luck.

THIS is the proper response IMHO. No hate or regret is necessary. Kudos to the kid for being honest if he isn't sure about his choice.

No hate at all, and I'm glad did the right thing by letting our staff know. But the bottom line is, if he's going to UAT, I will not be wishing him luck...period. As a matter of fact, I hope he loses every single game he plays in college....that's how I feel about UAT and everyone associated with them on any level, in every sport.

He is likely under more pressure from the local Bams than Saban.

E is likely correct. I attended UMS-Wright (Prosch's alma mater) from Pre-K until my graduation and I can assure you that both of these schools are Tahd-friendly to say the least. Given that Casher and Williams are both likely attending school on scholarship, or certainly were recruited to play football for the Saints, and are not a part of the old Mobile money that centers itself around Springhill, their lives can be made quite difficult by these people.

On a more positive note, UMS-Wright's coach is actually an Auburn fan, I can assure you. I graduated with his son who is also a huge fan of the good guys and always has been. However, that being said, UMS is more exclusive, and one could argue, less willing to lessen academic standards for the sake of winning as St. Paul's has been in the last 15-20 years, so the talent is usually not as deep as it is at St. Paul's. I am, by no means disparaging St. Paul's, before anyone gets their panties in a bunch. It is simply a younger school, and the powers that be have placed a premium on winning.

No hate at all, and I'm glad did the right thing by letting our staff know. But the bottom line is, if he's going to UAT, I will not be wishing him luck...period. As a matter of fact, I hope he loses every single game he plays in college....that's how I feel about UAT and everyone associated with them on any level, in every sport.

Well, since you put it like THAT.......

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Casher has been a guard all his career. He only started practicing at center when we became interested in him as a center. Just trying to think back on this but am pretty sure this is the case. I would prefer if all things are equal to have someone who is used to having to make line calls with someone on his nose and all that goes with being a center than one who never played the position. JMHO. WDE

He actually has only played Tackle in High school and will do so til he graduates. He has camped at center because almost every school has told him that is where his college future is.

Thanks E; I thought he had never played there.

^^^^This! Yes I think it could have very well been a power struggle to prove that they could get Casher. But I think the real motivation is to get Tre and potentially Casher's younger brother who is a 2016 prospect.

I feel the Joshua Casher topic needs to be removed since he decommitted from AU.

Not yet. It has not been a day. I said I would wait a few days before moving it to the Rivals thread or if another center is offered before then.

I feel the Joshua Casher topic needs to be removed since he decommitted from AU.

Not yet. It has not been a day. I said I would wait a few days before moving it to the Rivals thread or if another center is offered before then.

Technically not until they commit elsewhere, correct? I agree though that his ship has sailed IMO.

Two interesting tweets from the Faker. Sometimes he has good info, sometimes he doesn't so TIFWIW.

1. 14fc761ac7a53476fa725687fa0cb71c_normal.jpeg
    Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat 13h
    Basically was told if your looking were looking. I don’t think this staff will be fooled like the old one.
  2. 14fc761ac7a53476fa725687fa0cb71c_normal.jpeg Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat 13h
    I was told that Casher was asked to come to campus and help with what they had going on or be prepared to take your name off the commit list

Two interesting tweets from the Faker. Sometimes he has good info, sometimes he doesn't so TIFWIW.

1. 14fc761ac7a53476fa725687fa0cb71c_normal.jpeg
    Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat 12h
    Basically was told if your looking were looking. I don’t think this staff will be fooled like the old one.
  2. 14fc761ac7a53476fa725687fa0cb71c_normal.jpeg Fake Gabe Wright@GabeThaGreat 12h
    I was told that Casher was asked to come to campus and help with what they had going on or be prepared to take your name off the commit list

No matter how much people like to bash him the only stuff he was wrong on the past year was the Nick stuff last month.

This is an old Bryant trick. saban never had any intention of putting Philon on his roster. He just didn't want him on AU's roster. Same with Casher. If he gets Tre, he will cut Casher loose.

I say good luck to the kid. He's 17 or 18 years old and they change their mind every few minutes. He is making one of the more important decisions of his life and he needs to think it though. At least he had the character to let the coaches know and know now so that if need be, we can go after another center. This is unlike a certain RB that ayear or so ago waited until the day before the dead period to announce he was changing his mind. That too showed a certain type character.

Hate to lose his potential but if fake gabe is right (again) I have to agree with the coaches. Like they say "s#'+ or get off the pot rockstar". If he wasn't ready, able and wanting to help recruit future teammates. Then anyone would question his commitment and loyalty. Remember, also, that this is not the first time he has failed to show support for his classmates. I figure he must have felt that AU was his best option until he blew up and more people started showing interest. I also believe that had his family not been so close to coach Craig, that he wouldn't have ever committed in the first place or would have pulled out even earlier. It's hard to say no to someone you care about. Especially when it may effect their personal situation as well as yours. Im just gla it happened in time for us to make relationships with other prospects.

I don't know if fake Gabe is accurate but if he is,,,, you go boyzzzzzz

We don't have to play games with this type of situation. Also with the staff telling A. Marshall an offer could come in two weeks or 2 months does that mean we are probably in close talks with Casher still? Since its not late in the game and he hasn't "committed" anywhere just yet. I guess his offer will be officially roasted after he jumps on someone's boat.

We don't have to play games with this type of situation. Also with the staff telling A. Marshall an offer could come in two weeks or 2 months does that mean we are probably in close talks with Casher still? Since its not late in the game and he hasn't "committed" anywhere just yet. I guess his offer will be officially roasted after he jumps on someone's boat.

I find myself wondering if Casher is still in play also. I have to doubt it but is is funny how Marshall was supposedly so impressive at camp but is told he will have to wait a while for an offer.

I find myself wondering if Casher is still in play also. I have to doubt it but is is funny how Marshall was supposedly so impressive at camp but is told he will have to wait a while for an offer.

Why would AU hold out on Marhsall though? Casher has already pulled his committment.

Why would AU hold out on Marhsall though? Casher has already pulled his committment.

That is the $64,000 question.

Perhaps Auburn has not had time to evaluate other center prospects outside of Marshall... Not sure how the timeline on the Casher decommit went down...

Archived