2013 Big Cat Weekend (Merged)

Tiger

So no news most of the afternoon and all night? Surely somebody has said something about their visit.

You can check al.com for free stuff but most things I have read are premium and can't be posted.

EDIT: Here is 8 free articles for ya.

Gerry Green reacts

Big Cat Weekend sets Auburn apart from other schools with fun, relaxed atmosphere

Four-star pass rusher Andrew Williams impressed by Auburn's scheme

Auburn makes big impression on DT Elisha Shaw; Alabama, Georgia still lead

Four-star cornerback Nick Ruffin commits to Auburn: 'My decision is final' (updated)

Opelika tight end Jakell Mitchell hopes early Big Cat Weekend commitment gives Auburn recruiting momentum

Four-star wide receiver Shaq Davidson names Auburn, South Carolina as top two

Recruits, coaches tweet about Auburn's Big Cat Weekend (photos, video)

Yeah, but I will have to go to the trouble of reading all of them E. What are we paying you for?

ughhhhh. geezzz. algump.com. Now I need a shower AND need to do all kinds of things to clean my computer up.

Thanks for the links E.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ughhhhh. geezzz. algump.com. Now I need a shower AND need to do all kinds of things to clean my computer up.

tmi. lol

Quotes from firstt 3 articles.

Gerry Green on the star position

Last year, at my high school, I played something similar to the position," Green said. "Strong safety, close down to the line, out in space, me staying in coverage. I had fun there, and I can excel at that position.

Summer plans

I have 7-on-7 camps coming up with my school, my team," Green said. "I'll be working out, getting back in the weight room, start getting ready for summer workouts.

On Schools

I really don't have a favorite or anything," Green said. "Auburn's in a good direction. I'm going to to take my time, make my decision at the end of the summer, and if not the end of the summer, I'll wait until the end of the season.

Cortez McDowell on BCW

I enjoyed how the coaches interacted with the kids," Cortez McDowell, a four-star safety from Locust Grove, Ga., said. "That's one thing about Auburn from the other places, the other coaches didn't really hang around the kids, it was strictly business. Nearly every commit echoed McDowell's thoughts.

Doss on BCW

What stood out was it was more relaxed," three-star Florence quarterback Kendrick Doss said. "You didn't feel any pressure.

Tre Williams on BCW

It's just the fact that we all had fun, we all enjoyed it, the water balloon fight at the end," St. Paul's linebacker and Auburn commit Tre Williams said. "I'm just glad it was fun. They saw how we are, relaxed, not uptight and all that.

Andrew Williams on the D Line being heavy with seniors.

We sat down, head coach and Coach Garner," Williams said. "It was good, they broke down the depth chart, scheme and everything for me. That's what I need to see.

Williams on schemes

What I'm doing now is separating 3-4, 4-3 teams, cutting down from there," Williams said. "Auburn runs a 4-2-5, and I'd play a d-end, and the way he broke it down to me, it's really nice. It opened my eyes a little bit.

Williams on opportunities at Auburn

I'm going to need to play early," Williams said. "They emphasized that.

Williams put Auburn in his top group

I've been talking to Coach Craig, Coach Garner for a while," Williams said. "This is the visit I needed, to experience Auburn and catch up with Coach Garner since he left UGA.

Good stuff right there. Thanks for that E. It sounds like the kids, and the coaches, really had a good time. Had to have made an impression on the young men and their parents.

Next 3 articles

Shaw on his top 3

Auburn really came up a little bit," Shaw said. "Now, I've got three teams battling. I don't know. Going on these visits change my mind a lot sometimes. I can say Alabama and Georgia are one, and Auburn is two.

Shaw on the staff

They're not rushing me into anything, but they're letting me know, they're breaking down the recruiting for me," Shaw said. "They're telling me what to look for in a school, telling me not to rush into anything. They're telling me what Auburn can bring to the table.

Shaw on BCW and Auburn

It changed my whole view about Auburn," Shaw said. "They've got a lot of good coaches on this staff. This year, they might be on the rise.

Shaw on the recruiting process

The way I'm thinking of schools right now, I'm probably going to have to wait and keep studying up," Shaw said. "Keep checking and see everything, keep looking it up.

Ruffin on committing to Auburn

It was definitely a big decision, and I felt that it needed to be made," Ruffin said. "I couldn't really hold it back anymore. I stepped on the field, and I fell in love instantly.

Ruffin on Coach Smith

He is definitely a very spiritual man, and he lives up to the hype of understanding that this is more than just a game, this is about developing young men," Ruffin said. "For me, that spoke volumes.

More on Ruffin's decision

He is definitely a very spiritual man, and he lives up to the hype of understanding that this is more than just a game, this is about developing young men," Ruffin said. "For me, that spoke volumes.

It is to be noted that Ruffin will OV UGA. He is doing so because he gave Richt his word he will OV. I say that so people don't go crazy when Ruffin OVs UGA this season.

Jakell Mitchell on introductions at the beginning of BCW

When it was my turn to go, I just made the announcement in front of everybody,..It went crazy in there," Mitchell said. "Tried to give Auburn, tried to give us some momentum to recruit some more guys.

Why Mitchell picked Auburn

The thing that stood out to me the most was the offense," Mitchell said. "It fits me the best, there's great coaches and the academics.

What are Roc and Chubb thinking ? Any new word ?

Roc does not do interviews often and Chubb only said he is not commiting tomorrow because he is visiting SC tomorrow instead of today because of the holiday.

What are Roc and Chubb thinking ? Any new word ?

Roc does not do interviews often and Chubb only said he is not commiting tomorrow because he is visiting SC tomorrow instead of today because of the holiday.

Ahh ok, thanks.

Parents react to Big Cat Weekend. Free Read

Do you have to sign up for the free trial to read the article?

No. Just Click the details link. It's free. I signed out and made sure it worked for me. It does. And to verify the stuff that is premium I could not read when signed out but I could read that article.

Great article E. Even though it was unclear who said this, I love this comment at the end.

All the parents echoed the same sentiment -- that a return visit is already in the works.

"It was such a different visit than anything we've ever been a part of. That's what I thought was the great thing," he said. "I took my family and they want another Big Cat right now."

LOL

Great article E. Even though it was unclear who said this, I love this comment at the end.

All the parents echoed the same sentiment -- that a return visit is already in the works.

"It was such a different visit than anything we've ever been a part of. That's what I thought was the great thing," he said. "I took my family and they want another Big Cat right now."

LOL

Hoke said it was Jakell's dad.

Getting Jakell's dad to buy in to AU will be huge in recruiting Opelika in the future. He is very well respected in the community especially among the younger generation. He's one of those guys that's seen it all as a young man (high school/college) and now that he's established and has owned businesses, he can relate to younger men who are caught up in the streets.

I thought I read that Tony Brown (CB out of TX) was going to be @ BCW. Did he make it? If so, does anyone know the level of interest he's showing in AU?

I took Brown off the list and posted this Saturday.

Removed Tony Browm, Ronnie Clark, Jordan Sims, and Wesley Green. They did not make it.

E, do you read anything into Jordan Sims and Ronnie Clark not making it? Did they have legitimate reasons for not making it or do you think we are on the outside looking in for these guys?

E, do you read anything into Jordan Sims and Ronnie Clark not making it? Did they have legitimate reasons for not making it or do you think we are on the outside looking in for these guys?

Both Bama leans IMO.

BCW is like a buzz it's awesome when its happening but it slowly just leaves you tired and confused every year lol Definitely a good thing for AU don't get me wrong

Anyone who did not make it to BCW, if invited, should no longer be recruited. There is too much talent out there to waste time on recruits that dont want to be here.

Anyone who did not make it to BCW, if invited, should no longer be recruited. There is too much talent out there to waste time on recruits that dont want to be here.

There really is not point in an elitist view like this. The meaning of recruiting is to persuade someone to join some they may not have wanted or thought to do before.

There really is not point in an elitist view like this. The meaning of recruiting is to persuade to join some they may not have wanted or thought to do before.

Exactly

There really is not point in an elitist view like this. The meaning of recruiting is to persuade someone to join some they may not have wanted or thought to do before.

Agree. You just never know. Some school, who has a strong lean or even a firm committ, may piss off that player and it's nice to have a good relationship with that player. These are 17 and 18 year old kids also. Some change their mind from week to week.

Agree. You just never know. Some school, who has a strong lean or even a firm committ, may piss off that player and it's nice to have a good relationship with that player. These are 17 and 18 year old kids also. Some change their mind from week to week.

Gunner Kiel raises his hand, takes it down, raises it again, takes it down, raises it again, takes it down, etc

Archived