Ben Howland

CameronCrazy

He just seems like he has burned out to me. He did a great job at Pitt and his 1st few years at UCLA but since then he has struggled at a place that it is hard to struggle at. Maybe a year off to recharge his batteries will do him well.

I was listening to a guy on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. Some college bball writer. He said Howland pissed off some AAU coaches. Also Howland pulled a scholly from a Cali kid, at the last minute, who had been committed to UCLA since the tenth grade. This pissed off more AAU coaches. The AAU coaches, in Cali., basically black balled Howland and told recruits to go to other schools. The guy also said Howland is not a players coach and really didn't have relationships with the kids. It sounded to me like Howland is a good teacher, and a good x's and o's guy, but lacks in all of the other area's of coaching and development of the person.

I hadn't heard about his issues with AAU coaches in Cali but he pulled in the #1 and #3 recruit in the nation last year(both out of state) and 2 4 star guys and their roster is loaded with former 4* and 5* so I don't believe recruiting has been the issue.

Archived