2013 Spring Practice - Day 7 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

A time lapse (via) ...

Dang RiR, there was some hard hitting on that video. :laugh:

You noticed that too?! Thought it was just my special capabilities!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's at least one stand out play that we know about ...

The Tigers' first major scrimmage of the spring went 112 plays and included at least one big play by the defense: an interception by cornerback Josh Holsey.

Holsey picked off Frazier on a lob pass meant for receiver Sammie Coates.

"I got a pick on Kiehl. He owes me $20," Holsey said. "I told him he's going to give me another one before we got over with the spring."

Read more: http://www.al.com/au..._pick_as_q.html

Look for headlines on ESPN..."Major Gambling Problem At AU."

The Tigers' first major scrimmage of the spring went 112 plays and included at least one big play by the defense: an interception by cornerback Josh Holsey.

"I got a pick on Kiehl. He owes me $20," Holsey said. "I told him he's going to give me another one before we got over with the spring."

Look for headlines on ESPN..."Major Gambling Problem At AU."

"pay for play" and "Bounty system at AU?" will be thrown around also.

Guys, lets put that on another thread. We are here on this on to discuss actually AU football. My observations:

Little concerned about TReed. This has to be his year or bust

Love JDenson and JGarrett stepping up out of no where. That is exactly what this team needs.

Really want to see RParks get some meaningful time this year.

Holsey is a flat out stud!

Holsey looks like he has really been hitting the weights. He is really solid through the neck and shoulder areas. I really like this cat!!

Maybe this has to do something with our amazing cb coach.

We r about to see what REAL coaching can do with this football team this upcoming season, mark it down, we r gonna surprise a lot of people!!

Heard we are not have a practice tomorrow has been cancelled. Can someone give me insight as to why? Living in Indonesia keeps me out of the loop sometimes. Thanks.

Heard we are not have a practice tomorrow has been cancelled. Can someone give me insight as to why? Living in Indonesia keeps me out of the loop sometimes. Thanks.

First I have heard of that. Looked at a couple of Auburn sites and there is no mention of any practice being cancelled.

First I have heard of that. Looked at a couple of Auburn sites and there is no mention of any practice being cancelled.

Practice cancelled so the staff can review tape. At least that's what I heard.

well I feel better :-\

It was posted on al.com but haven't seen it on any other site. Maybe the coaches needed more time to work out the 2 deep roster??

It was posted on al.com but haven't seen it on any other site. Maybe the coaches needed more time to work out the 2 deep roster??

Not sure. Didn't check gump.com. I only looked on the official Auburn site and WarEagleExtra. Would think it's to early to be worrying about the 2 deep quite yet. Maybe the coaches feel like it was a physical scrimmage and want to give the guys an extra day to recharge. Gus is cramming a lot of practices into a short time frame. Taking another day off just adds to that.

well I feel better :-\

Stop touching yourself.

Not sure. Didn't check gump.com. I only looked on the official Auburn site and WarEagleExtra. Would think it's to early to be worrying about the 2 deep quite yet. Maybe the coaches feel like it was a physical scrimmage and want to give the guys an extra day to recharge. Gus is cramming a lot of practices into a short time frame. Taking another day off just adds to that.

it was all over twitter this morning...no big deal, got several practices available and the staff wants to evaluate and focus on the last ones left before fall ball starts. Just doing what any smart staff would do...After a week of seeing what they have, they can adjust, give them two weeks to figure out where the coaches see their direction and then it is up to them to do what they need to do between now and fall camp. Standard Operating Procedures for a staff that is focused. IMO

Analyzing film of scrimmage.....coaching staff meeting.....position coaches meeting with their own players to do more film work......practice day probably re-scheduled for after A-Day.....that is all....10-4.

ESPN Headline- "Auburn Mysteriously Cancels Practice: coaches give confusing answers, more questions raised."

I just saw several mentions on Twitter.

WarBlogle.com@WarBlogle9h

#hammer WE @JaredWilkinson: @WarBlogle Auburn not having practice Monday clearly means the NCAA is giving them the death penalty, right?

Phillip Marshall@PMARSHONAU9h

No Auburn football practice Monday http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/No-practice-Monday-17996309 … via @247Sports

Auburn Sports Now@AuburnSportsNow11h

Auburn alters spring practice schedule; No practice on Monday http://dlvr.it/3Bp8gk

Ok, thanks for the info. I feel better now. Just didn't know if I had missed something.

What's up with RB knee pads above the knees during a full contact scrimmage? Like to know how many other players have the tiger slash rib tattoos sported by both Kris Frost and LaDarius Owens and the story there.

I think they called a player meeting today to keep one practice available for after the Spring game.

Archived