Drug testing, is it confidential ?

Johndunc

Noticed that BSPN had some drug testing results on players at Auburn. Are these results on players available under the Freedom of Information Act at any public institution or did the players give them the info? Just wondering.

I would think it would be confidential....this is medical type information and athletes should be no different than any other student. Probably the reason SR's information was so bogus was that it was based on comments from MMc or DM....which was just rumor.

For now, I believe testing results are protected under student confidentiality. But I think the rules could be changed, with athletes being required to sign confidentiality waivers "voluntarily" if they want to participate in athletics, which are, after all, non-mandatory "extra-curricular" activities. I wouldn't mind seeing a uniform nation-wide drug penalty standard being established by the NCAA--with public revelation--so as to assure all schools are honest about their drug testing and equal in terms of penalties. Right now, it's too easy for a school to cheat & cover it up, or to minimize their individual school penalties, for the sake of a competitive edge...with both recreational and performance-enhancing drugs.

Noticed that BSPN had some drug testing results on players at Auburn. Are these results on players available under the Freedom of Information Act at any public institution or did the players give them the info? Just wondering.

I'm not sure, but I bet the test results that were shown on the espn segment were the acutal results of the folks/family doing the interviews and blamming Auburn for their problems........ Dakota Mosley & Daddy Mosley. I would think that the parents/legal guardians could petition Auburn for their child's test results, and in this case, Daddy Mosley chose to give the info to the network and allowed them to air the results. IDK

I'm not sure, but I bet the test results that were shown on the espn segment were the acutal results of the folks/family doing the interviews and blamming Auburn for their problems........ Dakota Mosley & Daddy Mosley. I would think that the parents/legal guardians could petition Auburn for their child's test results, and in this case, Daddy Mosley chose to give the info to the network and allowed them to air the results. IDK

Actually, since grades cannot be released to parents/guardians without the student's permission, I would imagine the child would also have to sign a waiver for the school to release drug test results to the parent.

Actually, since grades cannot be released to parents/guardians without the student's permission, I would imagine the child would also have to sign a waiver for the school to release drug test results to the parent.

Well, since Dakota was trying to trash AU & Chizik in an effort to lessen his impending prison sentence, I bet the signed that waiver pretty quickly and handed it over to E:60.

Well, since Dakota was trying to trash AU & Chizik in an effort to lessen his impending prison sentence, I bet the signed that waiver pretty quickly and handed it over to E:60.

Or it could have been a fabricated document they used to emphasize the point they were trying to make. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened on a television based expose.

Archived