Frazier Discussion

Rednilla

My only fear for us not getting him is that our current QB situation isn't too solid right now, I know if I was a top WR I would definitally chose a school with at least an average QB which we can't even claim ourselves. Hopefully NM or JJ show up and put up big numbers.

Don't leave Kiehl Frazier off that list. Seems like he's already been at Auburn forever, but he's still a 20 year old kid who just finished his sophomore year of college, and we have four and a half games played during arguably the worst season in Auburn history upon which to judge him. That isn't to say he's going to light the world on fire in 2013, but let us not forget he was the national player of the year as a senior in high school, a three time state championship game MVP (playing in the second highest classification in Arkansas) while operating Malzahn's offense (which he has yet to do in college, as he was the Wildcat as a freshman).

And if I'm a top WR, then I'm looking at the numbers put up by Malzahn's offenses since he's been at the college level and seeing that it is very possible to have as many as four or five primary receivers making plays.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only fear for us not getting him is that our current QB situation isn't too solid right now, I know if I was a top WR I would definitally chose a school with at least an average QB which we can't even claim ourselves. Hopefully NM or JJ show up and put up big numbers.

Don't leave Kiehl Frazier off that list. Seems like he's already been at Auburn forever, but he's still a 20 year old kid who just finished his sophomore year of college, and we have four and a half games played during arguably the worst season in Auburn history upon which to judge him. That isn't to say he's going to light the world on fire in 2013, but let us not forget he was the national player of the year as a senior in high school, a three time state championship game MVP (playing in the second highest classification in Arkansas) while operating Malzahn's offense (which he has yet to do in college, as he was the Wildcat as a freshman).

And if I'm a top WR, then I'm looking at the numbers put up by Malzahn's offenses since he's been at the college level and seeing that it is very possible to have as many as four or five primary receivers making plays.

ill repost this I wrote in another thread:

Not gonna start a KF campaign here but I think a good sports shrink this summer would help him alot. But here is a few things that I can't let go of and won't allow me to throw KF and Gus's relationship out just yet.

1) KF in this short time may have finally started to calm down as spring was coming to a close and realized this can be his offense he knows this offensive pursuit.

2) This summer can be the time he needs to get close to the HC version of CGM and CRL. Also who better than Coach Craig to get in both QB's ears.

3) call me crazy but I think KF may have learned to drop it and run this spring. Something he could have done alot better with last year. We know from his freshman year he can weave through an SEC defense, get yards and hold on to the ball. But the ability to make the choice quick may have started to click. (Malzahn's comment about the light coming on for KF at the end spring) comes to mind.

This offense is made for KF and NM. I believe in JW but believe his ship may have sailed this spring.

Don't leave Kiehl Frazier off that list. Seems like he's already been at Auburn forever, but he's still a 20 year old kid who just finished his sophomore year of college, and we have four and a half games played during arguably the worst season in Auburn history upon which to judge him. That isn't to say he's going to light the world on fire in 2013, but let us not forget he was the national player of the year as a senior in high school, a three time state championship game MVP (playing in the second highest classification in Arkansas)

while operating Malzahn's offense (which he has yet to do in college, as he was the Wildcat as a freshman).

ill repost this I wrote in another thread:

Not gonna start a KF campaign here but I think a good sports shrink this summer would help him alot. But here is a few things that I can't let go of and won't allow me to throw KF and Gus's relationship out just yet.

1) KF in this short time may have finally started to calm down as spring was coming to a close and realized this can be his offense he

knows this offensive pursuit.

2) This summer can be the time he needs to get close to the HC version of CGM and CRL. Also who better than Coach Craig to get in both QB's ears.

3) call me crazy but I think KF may have learned to drop it and run this spring. Something he could have done alot better with last year. We know from his freshman year he can weave through an SEC defense, get yards and hold on to the ball. But the ability to make the choice quick may have started to click. (Malzahn's comment about the light coming on for KF at the end spring) comes to mind.

This offense is made for KF and NM. I believe in JW but believe his ship may have sailed this spring.

I understand what you are saying, but if this was the case (light coming on) why did KF not pull away from JW, and why did Gus and company go after Trickett so hard?

I am pulling for KF, but IMO it doesn't look good.

Everything looks like both QBs coming out of spring are not game managing QBs. That's actually all we need. Really that's all Cam was but had a God given sense of what to do with what you got every play. Natural ability combined with good coaching/mentoring. KF had this, his freshman year only until last December when Gus and staff arrived.

I believe KF has natural ability- but lacks confidence (from losing Gus in '11 and breakdown in '12) I believe this summer could pay big with new staff into KFs confidence. Spring wasn't enough time with offense learning base offense together. "Light was coming on." <---

I believe JW has natural ability and confidence but it doesn't register to the field. --------___ My question is this. (Today!!) If KF had his best day and JW had his best day in this offense, who would take the job.

KF took the job in a new offense against a freshman but hungry JW last fall but came out on top over Moseley and Wallace who was a true fresh so hard to judge. KF lost something after those first 3-4 games. Thinking he might get it this summer (light came on) I hope people don't attack the situation if he did win the job this fall. Kinda scary and I think KF had that in his mind before spring. Shrink would help was one of my first comments in he post. Could help... Tony Barnhart for some reason opens every analysis about Auburn with "I do think Frazier's gonna win the job."

I understand what you are saying, but if this was the case (light coming on) why did KF not pull away from JW, and why did Gus and company go after Trickett so hard?

I am pulling for KF, but IMO it doesn't look good.

Just speculating here, but if the light came on at the end of spring, then maybe Wallace was ahead and Frazier simply caught him? As far as Trickett, where did you hear that the coaches were going after him hard? All I really heard was that he was really looking to learn the offense, with the intention of being a coach after college...but then, I wasn't paying that close of attention, so I could have missed it.

Everything looks like both QBs coming out of spring are not game managing QBs. That's actually all we need. Really that's all Cam was but had a God given sense of what to do with what you got every play. Natural ability combined with good coaching/mentoring. KF had this, his freshman year only until last December when Gus and staff arrived.

I believe KF has natural ability- but lacks confidence (from losing Gus in '11 and breakdown in '12) I believe this summer could pay big with new staff into KFs confidence. Spring wasn't enough time with offense learning base offense together. "Light was coming on." <---

I believe JW has natural ability and confidence but it doesn't register to the field. --------___ My question is this. (Today!!) If KF had his best day and JW had his best day in this offense, who would take the job.

KF took the job in a new offense against a freshman but hungry JW last fall but came out on top over Moseley and Wallace who was a true fresh so hard to judge. KF lost something after those first 3-4 games. Thinking he might get it this summer (light came on) I hope people don't attack the situation if he did win the job this fall. Kinda scary and I think KF had that in his mind before spring. Shrink would help was one of my first comments in he post. Could help... Tony Barnhart for some reason opens every analysis about Auburn with "I do think Frazier's gonna win the job."

I honestly believe that could be an outstanding idea (the psychologist).

Along the lines of people attacking the situation, if you couple that possibility with the speculation that Malzahn is holding his cards close, then maybe he wants everyone to understand how much of a fair shot each of the QBs are going to get in fall practice. Presuming that is true (which I acknowledge is a leap), if Frazier does win the position, it won't be looked upon as a case where favoritism won out, or at least won't look as much that way. The comment about the light coming on could even be something Gus could go back to should he name Kiehl the starter. Hypothetical comment, "Well, he really started to find his comfort level there at the end of spring practice, and he took the reins of the player-led workouts this summer..."

But at the same time, let us not lose sight of the fact that none of this could be true...and even if all of this is true, Marshall or Johnson could come in and play so well that they give Malzahn no choice but to hand them the ball and Frazier the clipboard.

Personally, I'm a lot more comfortable with the QB situation than most AU people seem to be. Some of that has to do with the talent of each of them, but most of it is Gus Malzahn and his history with making things work with whatever QB he has to work with.

Numerous posts on the Trickett recruiting thread discuss how Gus and DC were hard after Trickett.

Trickett came down to WVU, South FL and AU. He visited and we wanted him.

Numerous posts on the Trickett recruiting thread discuss how Gus and DC were hard after Trickett.

Nobody has said we didn't need Trickett. I would had been one who was ecstatic if CT would have came but just like Russell Wilson, I'm speaking in terms of the show must go on. I'm hoping KF is better. If NM is half as good as he looked in a 50 second video<--- I'm all for it but if not i hope KF has improved by August. If not whatever bring on a leader and like I posted above earlier neither came out of spring looking like a (game manager) that is a QB that is not a world beater but they will not lose the game for you. See Stan White, Pat Nix, Jay Barker, Jason Campbell, Brandon Cox and so on. We need somebody that can throw screens, slants, post routes maybe a few comebacks and a deep ball or three. Hell maybe JJ will be the guy, I don't know but KF can throw a ball and run. Lacks confidence.

Everything is now lined up for KF. "Perfect situation ." He has to go get it and he has the coaches and the system to become the man. True JW had a good A-day but is it just me that noticed he got 65-70% of the snaps sometimes double possessions? Kinda weird and KF besides a few high balls and under thrown slants looked pretty relaxed compared to deer in the headlights like last spring. JW looked good but his struggles were obvious also. Looked desperate when he needed to calm down after a previous good play

Hey red, you left out what GM said about KF after the Clemson game 2 years ago. If you add that to his HS accolades and throw in 50 more cents it might get you a cup of coffee at Hardee's if you're eligible for a Sr discount.

I can't imagine he wouldn't have come to Auburn if he thought he had a legitimate shot at starting. I would guess that if the coaches were indeed hard after him, it was to provide depth more than anything else. But I didn't really spend much time perusing through that thread, so I don't know what was said about the situation...and, of course, maybe he just likes hillbillies. :dunno:

I think he thought of defensive lines from the SEC vs. the conference that is weakening and it made it easier for him. But like stated above he didn't sound like we were begging or anything. He knew he had to earn it against 4 other QBs.

I can't imagine he wouldn't have come to Auburn if he thought he had a legitimate shot at starting. I would guess that if the coaches were indeed hard after him, it was to provide depth more than anything else. But I didn't really spend much time perusing through that thread, so I don't know what was said about the situation...and, of course, maybe he just likes hillbillies. :dunno:

I wouldn't say we didn't want him but he wasn't being recruited to start at QB as some would have you believe. Reds asessment is spot on IMO.

Red, you will recieve a negative response from the the same usual suspects every time you post something that isn't negative about KF. They can't help themselves. If he does start, you can expect them to be vocal in their belief of nepotism or favoritism. Then unless he puts up Heisman numbers there will be someone else thats better or he couldn't do it without Gus, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! And on and on unless he does play poorly and you will hear I told you so's. Then they will use your previous support of him to render any opinion you may have pointless, after all, you thought KF was going to be a good QB. If he never starts again then it wasn't meant to be. CGM will not play favorites nor will he put a player in a position to be a sacrificial lamb. Not sure you can say that about the previous staff.

The haters haven't stopped me and I doubt it will you, I'm just sayin'...save this post and if I'm wrong about it I will say so. We are all speculating at this point anyway, but I for one am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. If someone does have a problem with someone pointing out when they are wrong then maybe they should refrain from posting.

Since this kid has chosen LSU can this please be moved to Rivals so the QB discussion can find another place to argue who should be QB based on anecdotal evidence.

I wouldn't say we didn't want him but he wasn't being recruited to start at QB as some would have you believe. Reds asessment is spot on IMO.

Red, you will recieve a negative response from the the same usual suspects every time you post something that isn't negative about KF. They can't help themselves. If he does start, you can expect them to be vocal in their belief of nepotism or favoritism. Then unless he puts up Heisman numbers there will be someone else thats better or he couldn't do it without Gus, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! And on and on unless he does play poorly and you will hear I told you so's. Then they will use your previous support of him to render any opinion you may have pointless, after all, you thought KF was going to be a good QB. If he never starts again then it wasn't meant to be. CGM will not play favorites nor will he put a player in a position to be a sacrificial lamb. Not sure you can say that about the previous staff.

The haters haven't stopped me and I doubt it will you, I'm just sayin'...save this post and if I'm wrong about it I will say so. We are all speculating at this point anyway, but I for one am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. If someone does have a problem with someone pointing out when they are wrong then maybe they should refrain from posting.

Is KF related to GM? Heisman numbers? LOL. Lets see him win the job before we start speculating about whats going to be posted if he doesn't put up Heisman numbers. Im not sold that he's even going to play much less be putting up numbers that would put him in the conversation to win the Heisman Trophy. Aside from that, I didn't post a single thought that was negative about KF. You're so intent on painting my posts as negative i wonder if you're even capable of understanding my posts beyond your biases. As far as admitting mistakes, I'll be thrilled to death if I'm wrong. Believe it or not, I'm an Auburn fan and in case you haven't noticed yet, Auburn is in desperate need of someone who can play QB, and the fact is, our immediate future looks pretty bleak if we cant find one. If it's KF I'll be his biggest fan however, unlike quite a few here, I just haven't seen this over abundance of talent people keep alluding to in this forum translate into even mildly successful performance at this level yet. Best of luck to him and to Auburn. Without much improved play at QB we wont best 6 - 6 if we're even fortunate enough to achieve that.

Frazier doesn't want to get hit. He plays ok when he knows he won't be hit (A-Day) but he plays scared out of his mind (hence why his eyes are on the rush and not downfield) when he's in a real game. He needs to get popped one REALLY good time and get back up and then he'll find out its not that bad. I mean, shoot, there are 100+ other QBs in the NCAA not playing like they are frightened.

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

Question for everyone: If Marshall comes in this Fall, and wins the starting job, can we all just admit (including me) that KF just didn't pan out in major college ball, or will all of us KF fans (me included) continue to make excuses for KF?

I guess what I am saying is, all of we KF fans, need to wakeup and smell the coffee!

my original statement a few days ago about KF started with a couple of sentences. First one said not trying to start a KF campaign. Second one said a good sports shrink would go along way with him and also that this offense and coaching staff is a more perfect situation for KF than anyone else (everyone knows this of coarse)

Ill end my QB rant here for the people that it bothers but I'm only saying KF may change that means I beieve he is scared. Has been since about possession number 3-4 of the Clem game. Our last coaching staff BROKE alot of those players and THIS new staff is having to rebuild ALL players from the ground up just about.

I believe JW can play at any school in any offense but can he throw a 40 yard pass with accuracy? Don't believe he can. KF can but he needs a shrink that will help him chill and throw the screens and slants. It's football and kids. Not that hard. KF can sink or swim, i know this. Like all I hope for the best. That is all<----- War Eagle (;

my original statement a few days ago about KF started with a couple of sentences. First one said not trying to start a KF campaign. Second one said a good sports shrink would go along way with him and also that this offense and coaching staff is a more perfect situation for KF than anyone else (everyone knows this of coarse)

Ill end my QB rant here for the people that it bothers but I'm only saying KF may change that means I beieve he is scared. Has been since about possession number 3-4 of the Clem game. Our last coaching staff BROKE alot of hose players and THIS new staff is having to rebuild ALL players from the ground up just about.

I believe JW can play at any school in any offense but can he throw a 40 yard pass with accuracy? Don't believe he can. KF can but he needs a shrink that will help him chill and throw the screens and slants. It's football and kids. Not that hard. KF can sink or swim, i know this. Like all I hope for the best. That is all<----- War Eagle (;

Oh and were suppose to think someone who deal with (Gasp!) Ivory is on the up and up? And being honest? Lol! This post is not for you.

Just because you qualify your negative post with, "I love him BUT..." does not throw me off your intent. I was born at night but not last night. If anyone starts other than KF it simply means CGM thinks they give us a better chance of winning. Nothing more and nothing less. It does not mean KF was a bust, or a wasted scholarship and attempts to force others to say such is ludacris and not something that someone who "loves him" would even suggest.

ludacris is a rapper. Do you mean ludicrous? Its all relative. I would have to argue that given the hype coming in as THE GUY that Gus wanted above all others because of his lengthy exposure to Gus' offense, yeah, I'd say KF would have to be classified as a bust if he doesn't win the starting job.

Ill end my QB rant here for the people that it bothers but I'm only saying KF may change that means I beieve he is scared. Has been since about possession number 3-4 of the Clem game. Our last coaching staff BROKE alot of hose players and THIS new staff is having to rebuild ALL players from the ground up just about.

Oh and were suppose to think someone who deal with (Gasp!) Ivory is on the up and up? And being honest? Lol! This post is not for you.

Just because you qualify your negative post with, "I love him BUT..." does not throw me off your intent. I was born at night but not last night. If anyone starts other than KF it simply means CGM thinks they give us a better chance of winning. Nothing more and nothing less. It does not mean KF was a bust, or a wasted scholarship and attempts to force others to say such is ludacris and not something that someone who "loves him" would even suggest.

WTH?? Did you read his post? There was nothing that terrible there. I think you are taking it way to personal when people say they aren't 100% confident in Frazier. Everyone wants the best guy to play QB. If it is Frazier then awesome! If not then we will cheer like heck for that guy. But don't get mad because many here don't have faith in Kiehl after seeing him play last season. It will be an interesting battle come fall and I hope the best guy wins and leads us to victory!

War Eagle!

WTH?? Did you read his post? There was nothing that terrible there. I think you are taking it way to personal when people say they aren't 100% confident in Frazier. Everyone wants the best guy to play QB. If it is Frazier then awesome! If not then we will cheer like heck for that guy. But don't get mad because many here don't have faith in Kiehl after seeing him play last season. It will be an interesting battle come fall and I hope the best guy wins and leads us to victory!

War Eagle!

Ya, quite a few get a little testy if you dont heap on the praises for certain players...even if they aint done squat to deserve it.

Archived