Is the Administration Pro Taligating?

juscAUse

http://trackemtigers.com/?p=15599 Just read an article about attendance at SEC games. I know it was a relatively good year to NOT get season tickets last year, but I was amazed at the ex-season ticket holders I saw at the golf course on Saturdays. I used to see them, with all their family members, at tailgates in Auburn, but like our family, it's gotten too expensive and too much trouble to even find a spot to tailgate. For your money you also get 11 A:M and 8 P:M games and your car towed from the same spot you've parked in for years. Nobody got their car towed when Barfield was the coach, and tailgating WAS the "Auburn experience". I know times change, but I believe AU has been throwing the baby out with the bathwater since the Lowder days. Maybe there will be a different attitude toward the traditions and the people that made Auburn so very special, IMHO. I certainly hope so. I look forward getting a new job and season tickets for 2014, and I'm already saving my pennies for as many games as possible in 2013. WDE. :wareagle:

Does the Taliban Taligate?

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made proof-readers.

Mark Twain - 1893

They did... before they were ban ned!

Hurry up August 31st.

They are certainly not pro-tailgating. I don't think this can be blamed on Lowder, however.

I have friends that had season tickets for over forty years that dropped them because "their" spot was no longer available to them. A lot of fun has gone out of the "gameday experience" that JJ is so fond of shouting about.

Me, I quit buying season tickets several years back. I can take some money with me and buy a ticket to any game I want to attend and ride the bus from one of the pickup points. The only game I've missed was the NC game in Phoenix and I suspect I could have bought a ticket outside the stadium for that one had I chosen to do so. I go to three or four games a year, see the games from a good seat and save thousands of dollars a year in the process.

Example: This year, by the time you make the TUF donation and buy the ticket, I think it's $1,450 per season ticket. I can take $300 to the stadium on three Saturdays and see any three games I want to attend. Meanwhile, I'm not spending huge amounts to see Northwest Wayback State U get whupped 65-0.

They are certainly not pro-tailgating. I don't think this can be blamed on Lowder, however.

I have friends that had season tickets for over forty years that dropped them because "their" spot was no longer available to them. A lot of fun has gone out of the "gameday experience" that JJ is so fond of shouting about.

Me, I quit buying season tickets several years back. I can take some money with me and buy a ticket to any game I want to attend and ride the bus from one of the pickup points. The only game I've missed was the NC game in Phoenix and I suspect I could have bought a ticket outside the stadium for that one had I chosen to do so. I go to three or four games a year, see the games from a good seat and save thousands of dollars a year in the process.

Example: This year, by the time you make the TUF donation and buy the ticket, I think it's $1,450 per season ticket. I can take $300 to the stadium on three Saturdays and see any three games I want to attend. Meanwhile, I'm not spending huge amounts to see Northwest Wayback State U get whupped 65-0.

I agree. My dad and I had season tickets for forty years or so years. We parked by the drill field, had a short walk to the stadium. Not possible now. We also have a little over a two hour drive and with most good games now being a late start we were often 2 am getting home. I miss those daytime games. I also agree with you on the the Northwest Wayback State U games. I'd rather add another SEC game and drop two creampuffs and go back to a ten game season. Throw a couple of off weeks in there so the kids could heal up a bit. Just my two cents.

That is all fine if all you want to do is see the game in the stadium. But there is a certain enjoyment of seeing the same people around you every game, year in and year out, and getting to know them, even if you only see them at your seats on game day. You would be surprised how many times you see them outside of gameday. Its makes for a better gameday experience inside the stadium, not just outside.

That is all fine if all you want to do is see the game in the stadium. But there is a certain enjoyment of seeing the same people around you every game, year in and year out, and getting to know them, even if you only see them at your seats on game day. You would be surprised how many times you see them outside of gameday. Its makes for a better gameday experience inside the stadium, not just outside.

You said what I attempted to say. The really young ones will never know what "family" means. I still keep in touch with folks I met 30 years ago. Tailgating at the loveliest village on the plains.

Archived