940038.JPG

Lamont Simmons, CB

Jacksonville, FL (Raines)

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 185

- Received an Auburn 6/15/13

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, East Carolina, Florida International, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan State, North Carolina, Old Dominion, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Western Michigan and Wisconsin, among others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Wb-L_hC2po

Love the size, athletic ability, and tackling. With a little bit of coaching, his ball skills will be right up there with the rest if his talents.

Did I hear this guy named a top 5?

Kelly_Quinlan Kelly Quinlan

Raines (Fla.) 3-star CB Lamont Simmons names a top 5 including #GaTech and #UGA to @MattOConnellGI http://t.co/ILaVxhldB9

13 days ago

Nvermind it was an old tweet..... Kinda like Bird..... My first joke at the old man :)

• 5 months later...

What is the current status on this guy? rivals article apparently says he is interested, per the free introductory paragraph. Has a mile long offer list. I really want him in o and b.

What is the current status on this guy? rivals article apparently says he is interested, per the free introductory paragraph. Has a mile long offer list. I really want him in o and b.

We already have three CB's committed. With only 9 slots left, how many more CB's do you think we should sign?

We already have three CB's committed. With only 9 slots left, how many more CB's do you think we should sign?

two CB's committed and Roberts will play safety. We may sign 2 or 3 CB.

Not yet he hasn't. can't ever have too many cbs

You can if you promise a slot to your 4th CB prospect, then some 5* DT wants to sign and you have to tell him you don't have a slot left. That would certainly be "one too many CB's". :)

E, are Bessent and Ruffin both expected to play the CB position for us? If so then I think we could definitely use another Safety commit in this class. But I had it in my head that Ruffin was projected at safety. TIA

Right now this is where this class's DBs are projected

Ruffin CB

Bessent CB

Roberts Safety

Moncrief Safety

Evans Star If we land him(

• 1 month later...

Right now this is where this class's DBs are projected

Ruffin CB

Bessent CB

Roberts Safety

Moncrief Safety

Evans Star WHEN we land him!

FIFY, :jossun:

Roberts looks like a redshirt for sure. To po to play safety.

Needs about 25 pounds on him to take the beating at S

Anyone playing Safety is less likely to RS than a guy at CB. That's the reality of the roster unless Holsey is permanently moved to Safety, which I don't think is the plan. CB likely features Mincy, Holsey, and Jones, which means we're really only looking for one or two back-end rotation guys. Safety has Whitehead and likely Moncrief (unless he moves down to Star or OLB), which means we're searching for at least one guy that will see a ton of PT (like Ryan Smith and Ryan White did this year).

Anyone know if Simmons is a back-up plan for DB generally? For example, if we sign John Bonney (and keep all the current commits), are we done at DB or are we still looking for another CB?

Anyone know if Simmons is a back-up plan for DB generally? For example, if we sign John Bonney (and keep all the current commits), are we done at DB or are we still looking for another CB?

I more DB and we're done. Yes Simmons is a back up to Bonney and Parker. There are at least 4 guys in the back up group. I'm not sure the order the staff has them in.

Roberts looks like a redshirt for sure. To po to play safety.

Yep, he's definitely a "po' devil".

Anyone playing Safety is less likely to RS than a guy at CB. That's the reality of the roster unless Holsey is permanently moved to Safety, which I don't think is the plan. CB likely features Mincy, Holsey, and Jones, which means we're really only looking for one or two back-end rotation guys. Safety has Whitehead and likely Moncrief (unless he moves down to Star or OLB), which means we're searching for at least one guy that will see a ton of PT (like Ryan Smith and Ryan White did this year).

Mentioning Jones, how's his hammie?

Archived