Movin' On Up...

AUinWV

So with WSU leading #25 USC and us winning a badly played game by so many points over a good ASU team, does Auburn break into the top 25 this week?

I don't think it will be enough, but it will be the first time in a long while that I was interested in the polls when they come out...and that feels pretty good

Ark St got votes last week in the AP 25. With the Wash St win, I would not be suprised to see us get votes but not make the 25. Beat Ms St and we break the top 25 going into Death Valley. WDE

Gotta beat MSU and also a couple teams in the range of 18-25 have to lose and open up some space for AU. When the world is full of doubters, you have to go the extra mile to win most of them over. I expect most voters won't pass judgment on AU until the LSU game.

Honestly I thought we would move into the top 25 with a win over Miss. St. but I think voters may keep us out with LSU playing us the next week. I don't think we will get in until games 6 @ 5-1.

At this point I do not care about the Top 25. I am just soo happy seeing AU looking more like a real team. A real Auburn Team! Next week should be a good test. I think we have the potential of sticking it to MS St pretty bad.

Guest jojo1515

With an upset win over LSwho will get us to Top 25. IMO.

If we beat MSU and LSU, we SHOULD be in the top 10 even though we won't be. We will probably be around 15th should that happen IMO. I say we a re in others receiving votes this week, with a win over MSU, we hit somewhere between 24-28. Being undefeated after LSU would be undeniable. Anyone who doesn't put us in their top 20 after that needs their vote pulled.

We will have a dozen votes or so today, but after beating Miss State we MIGHT be 25th at best just to increase the interest on the matchup with LSU for TV. The polls punish you for perception, and we are still thought of as a 3-9 team from last season by the media

I'm not all that concerned about the Top 25 either; except for the fact that if we get in (and stay in) it means we are winning games! But, I'll be surprised if we get in until we beat LSU. I think we will get some votes this week and next over MSU, but I don't think we will break into the poll until our trip to Baton Rogue.

Nope we will not get near the top 25 just yet, if we beat Moo $tate than we will be in the 'others receiving votes' category but that is all i see

I agree, if we take care of MSU and get a good win. We will need to get the win the follow week in Death Valley to crack the top 25.

One game at a time boys, one game at a time.

I'm not all that concerned about the Top 25 either; except for the fact that if we get in (and stay in) it means we are winning games! But, I'll be surprised if we get in until we beat LSU. I think we will get some votes this week and next over MSU, but I don't think we will break into the poll until our trip to Baton Rogue.

Ditto! you must have been reading my mind.

Lets take this season one game at a time. We should not be looking ahead. We have yet to prove we can win an SEC game. I feel good about our chances this week. War Eagle!

If we beat Moo State by 11 or more points possibly, especially since the media will want to hype the LSU game.

Otherwise, probably not. If we DO beat Moo State and somehow beat LSU, bet on it.

I will say LSU is probably the best looking SEC team I have seen this year overall.

Do not want to look ahead however. We cannot afford to do this yet.

Bring on Moo State. If we improve this week like we did from week 1 to week 2, Moo State is road kill.

Rankings do not mean much right now. Until week 5 on, ratings are well educated guesses.

Archived