2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

Yay, well Burt is tweeting that Texas is still his leader, so......

Arden Key and now John Burt did the exact same thing. 1) Decommit 2) Announce no media interviews 3) Announce the school they just decommitted from is still the leader 4) Do it all on twitter

I don't believe in coincidences.

Also, probably the easiest way to mitigate the heat from <previously committed-to school>'s fans.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Burt fast? Would he be more of a possession guy or deep guy?

From what I have read he is fast but not Sammie Coates fast. Extremely quick feet,good size, great hands. Possession receiver with enough speed to beat you deep but possession first.

Arden Key and now John Burt did the exact same thing. 1) Decommit 2) Announce no media interviews 3) Announce the school they just decommitted from is still the leader 4) Do it all on twitter

Also, probably the easiest way to mitigate the heat from <previously committed-to school>'s fans.

It's like breaking up with a girl and telling her you still want to be friends lol

It's like breaking up with a girl and telling her you still want to be friends lol

Well, I hadn't thought of that. Since you put it that way it does make a little sense.

I also suspect that his mom may have had some influence here. No kid wants to disappoint his mom, and she seems still to want him at Texas. I bet that is more behind this than any negative reaction from UT fans. JMO.

Well, I hadn't thought of that. Since you put it that way it does make a little sense.

Relating personal experiences often helps us to understand. ;)

I recommend watching his HUDL film. He looks tall compared to the HS teammates. He is fast but not lightning fast, he makes some pretty good moves too. From what I understand after reading all star appearances, he is very good. The experts say he needs to work on his hands the most.

I recommend watching his HUDL film. He looks tall compared to the HS teammates. He is fast but not lightning fast, he makes some pretty good moves too. From what I understand after reading all star appearances, he is very good. The experts say he needs to work on his hands the most.

Should fit it in perfect for Coates then. jk

Should fit it in perfect for Coates then. jk

You may be JK but it is partially true. We all know hands are not Sammie's best skill. Sammie is faster than Burt, but Sammie runs a lot of no cut patterns. Burt has decent moves, and it looks like he is a pretty good blocker too. We all know Sammie was a very good blocker.

I have a feeling Burt has been all Auburn for a good while now...

Yup...and dad too. The snag is getting Momma Burt on board.

*drenched in cologne*

I'll take it from here, boys.

What did momma lose in Texas ? Can't imagine anything out there that would be more attractive than "sweet Auburn,loveliest village of the plains"

*drenched in cologne*

Just be careful Dad don't find out. Then we'd have the same problem with the parents' opinions reversed. lol

What did momma lose in Texas ? Can't imagine anything out there that would be more attractive than "sweet Auburn,loveliest village of the plains"

A lot of her family lives in Austin, Texes and she loves her some Charlie Strong....reading his name I think he beat you too it Chimes. lol

*drenched in cologne*

Aaaand we have our runaway post of the day.

Has anyone ever decommitted from a program and then enrolled there anyway?

Tattoo?

Yeah. I forgot about that martian.

Has anyone ever decommitted from a program and then enrolled there anyway?

Tattoo?

Yeah. I forgot about that martian.

Sleepy one He was

Yep. Hes been on "flip watch" for what 3-4 months now, and now hes visiting UTA on the 30th, I figure there WAS some interest and now its mostly gone.

Archived