2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He probably feels he owes them something. There's reasons why he wanted to decommit and production is one of them, that's not going to change on the 30th.

They have a lot of work to do to get him to sign.

As a mom of yes two college kids, I provided guidance and had the right to black ball a school but my kids made their choices. It's about what is the best fit for the individual. I think Burt is looking at both schools carefully but at the end the decision will be his.

Sounds like if momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy

We've seen that a number of times with kids...,momma not signing the LOI or going on BSPN and making a fuss over the school the kids wanted to pick.

As Mom2 noted, it's the kids who have to live with the decision and frankly it's not like either school would be a "wrong" choice IMO....but family dynamics differ.....so guess we will see what happens when LOI day arrives.

Landon Collins and his Mom say Hi!

Didn't work that way with Evans last year. It was dad in that case.

Yep^^ and mom was pissed!

I'm thinking he signs with Texas. Must've been a sudden change of events because he was all AU as of recent.

50/50. Nothing to add.

Yep^^ and mom was pissed!

But she got over it pretty quick as soon as the store was sold.

I'm feeling that Burt's time to join up with Auburn has come and is now going. He's had plenty of opportunity and didn't pull the trigger. Hope he's happy in Texas.

Just from the comments .This is another case of mom running the show vs the kid doing what he wants . Maybe he has changed his mind or momma changed it for him. I hope he is happy and successful wherever he goes.

Strong walked into a real lethal environment at Texas no discipline for many years and he put his foot down loosing some players. There are two camps in Texas that he will now be able to get his players and will turn around program quick or they he will crash and burn.

Texas has the money to compete and a huge group of alumni who can either help or hinder a coach. This year you really can't rate Strong as he had very little to work with on the O-Line or at QB so this years class is really important to see if he can start turning things around. he needs quality players who will buy into a team concept not just 5 stars who play for themselves. He had many 5 and 4 stars who had been there but who were (me) players. Momma believes in him not sure about son so that is the key to Burt and Texas.

He has a Mom in Texas who wants UT and a Dad in ATL who wants AU. Either way, someone's not going to be happy. Tough decision for this kid....but from what I have read he really wants Auburn. We'll see what he decides to do but being between two parents can't be a great feeling.

Edit: Sorry, apparently Mom lives in FL but most of their family is in Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys, I've missed something. I haven't been keeping up with him much recently; I suppose I was just waiting on what seemed like an inevitable NSD commitment.

Do we not feel good about Burt solely because he hasn't peed or got off the pot? The last thing I recall was that he recommitted from Texas about two weeks ago.

TIA.

WDE!

Archived