Your prediction for the rest of the season

AU!

Love is blind...obviously

What do you see in Bama this year that makes you believe we can't beat them

I didn't say that Auburn cant beat them...but to say bama hasn't shown anything is pretty silly. They are 4 - 0 and have plenty of time to get better and they will. Hopefully, Auburn will get a lot better too because Im tired of getting blown out by them. Its too early to be worrying about them anyway...Im hoping we beat Ole Miss then Arkansas and Tennessee

Agree with the Vue. They're 4-0 and have played a harder schedule than us so far. Do they have issues? Yes. Do we have a decent shot at them? Yes. So far they've beat two top 20 teams, one top 10 team, and have done it multiple ways (one with D, one with a strong O). Saying they don't have the ability to eventually mesh those two into a decent team is being, well, ignorant. They aren't as good as they once were, but they've shown more than we have so far...technically. Hope we show our share this coming weekend!

Unfortunately you are right. They'll pound us as bad as the want to.

We are still a 6-6 team. Maybe a surprise and get to 7-5. But don't see anything yet to get me off my preseason 6-6 and Shreveport bowl prediction...we are better...but so is just about everybody else...

7-5 with a bowl win making it 8-5..6 wins may be low..But on the bright side,Antonio Inoki put a legit whoopin on Ali back in the day :hellyeah:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love is blind...obviously

What do you see in Bama this year that makes you believe we can't beat them

I didn't say that Auburn cant beat them...but to say bama hasn't shown anything is pretty silly. They are 4 - 0 and have plenty of time to get better and they will. Hopefully, Auburn will get a lot better too because Im tired of getting blown out by them. Its too early to be worrying about them anyway...Im hoping we beat Ole Miss then Arkansas and Tennessee

Agree with the Vue. They're 4-0 and have played a harder schedule than us so far. Do they have issues? Yes. Do we have a decent shot at them? Yes. So far they've beat two top 20 teams, one top 10 team, and have done it multiple ways (one with D, one with a strong O). Saying they don't have the ability to eventually mesh those two into a decent team is being, well, ignorant. They aren't as good as they once were, but they've shown more than we have so far...technically. Hope we show our share this coming weekend!

Unfortunately you are right. They'll pound us as bad as the want to.

We are still a 6-6 team. Maybe a surprise and get to 7-5. But don't see anything yet to get me off my preseason 6-6 and Shreveport bowl prediction...we are better...but so is just about everybody else...

How are we a 6-6 team? Do you honestly think we lose to Arky or UT? Really? I mean, I can see how Ole Miss might could possibly be tricky, but we're lightyears better than Arky and UT.

Ole Miss - Win

WCU - Win

TA&M - Loss

FAU - Win

ARK - Loss

Tenn - Win

UGA - Loss

Bama - Loss

Record = 7 - 5

I could see this easily. I think Arky will be trickier than people think. I think we can win it, I just think it'll be on par with MSU, it'll be a fight.

I'm reserving judgement on the rest of the year until after Saturday. I think this is the turning point game for the year: if we lose, then I expect we'll probably end up 7-5. If we win, I think there's an outstanding chance that we'll finish with 9 or 10 wins (regular season). Momentum means a lot in college football, and a win over Ole Miss should give us a full head of steam heading into College Station (not overlooking WCU, but there is no way they should be in the game past the first quarter). Even with a loss there, FAU provides a chance to get back on track, and as long as the players come out ready to play, I think we'll overpower Arkansas and Tennessee.

Yes, that still leaves three toss up games with aTm, UGA, and UAT, but if we are 5-1 going into College Station or 8-2 with Amen Corner ahead, I think we win at least one of those games. Success breeds success, and a win, especially a decisive one, over Ole Miss puts us in an outstanding position to make a formidable stretch run.

I felt pretty good about Arkansas until Saturday. Now I think they are much better than I thought. I agree this next game will be the key. If we lose I would say 7-5 or 6-6. If we barely win 7-5 or 8-4 at best. If we win by 14 or more 8-4 or 9-3. We have the LSU lose and I think we lose to T A&M and Georgia. I think with a good showing and we continue to get better we can take Arky, Tenn. and Bama.

Archived