Your prediction for the rest of the season

AU!

Originally I said 8-9 wins for the entire season and continue to believe that is where we will wind up.

Our eight win may be in the bowl game. It depends upon whether we can take Ole Miss or not.

WINS

W. Carolina

Florida Atlantic

Probable Wins

Tennessee

Arkansas

TOSS UP

Ole Miss

Probable Losses

Texas A&M

Georgia

Alabama

If we could beat the toss up (Ole Miss) and win one of the probable losses, we could win 9.

Most likely we are 7 or 8 wins during the regular season and 8-9 wins after bowl game.

Either way, is a good start to the new day at Auburn, and gives us a chance to be really good in 2014.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why uga and bama are probable losses....both have above average o but both have looked as bad as us on defense

I agree^^ I have said from the get go that bama does not impress me at all!!

We may very well lose to Ole Miss they are on the up and up. We will lose to Texas AM Alabama Georgia and maybe Arkansas we struggle against them every freaking year no matter what.

Worst case 6-6

Most likely 7-5

Best case 8-4

We played our toughest game (enviroment included) Saturday night. I have no doubt had we played that game with no rain or on a neutral field we would have beat LSU ( not making excuses just stating facts). With that said, there is no game left we cannot win. uat is not looking good at all. 60 yards rushing on Colorodo St. while we put 200+ against LSU, at night in a monsoon. We won't be the only one to beat them either. TAM is also suspect. If we get some pass rush established we can stop them also. uga has shown some week spots. AM has a tough time in big games. My guess is 12-1 with a BCS bowl win, worst case is 10-3 with a New Years day bowl win. Gus doesn't lose bowl games.JMHO.

12-1 with a BCS bowl win??? And I kindly disagree we would have beat LSU if it didn't rain. But I'm beating a dead horse trying to convince some people to not see things in such a biased way. I will place a friendly wager with you that we do not win 10 games this season, any day of the week. Split your difference. 11 games...you take the over I'll take the under (I'll even give you the tie at 11 too)...we can decide on the amount in PM.

I want to make easy money too ill take the under

We played our toughest game (enviroment included) Saturday night. I have no doubt had we played that game with no rain or on a neutral field we would have beat LSU ( not making excuses just stating facts). With that said, there is no game left we cannot win. uat is not looking good at all. 60 yards rushing on Colorodo St. while we put 200+ against LSU, at night in a monsoon. We won't be the only one to beat them either. TAM is also suspect. If we get some pass rush established we can stop them also. uga has shown some week spots. AM has a tough time in big games. My guess is 12-1 with a BCS bowl win, worst case is 10-3 with a New Years day bowl win. Gus doesn't lose bowl games.JMHO.

12-1 with a BCS bowl win??? And I kindly disagree we would have beat LSU if it didn't rain. But I'm beating a dead horse trying to convince some people to not see things in such a biased way. I will place a friendly wager with you that we do not win 10 games this season, any day of the week. Split your difference. 11 games...you take the over I'll take the under (I'll even give you the tie at 11 too)...we can decide on the amount in PM.

I want to make easy money too ill take the under

Haha I don't think he's going to take me up on it. But I thought I'd try. I'm just trying to make a point that I didn't think this thread was about what we WANT to happen, it was a thread for our prediction. So if you really think AU will win 10-12 games, and want to back it up, I will gladly fork out some cash. But if you just keep psoting what you want to happen, then yeah, we could do that all day, I get it, we all want AU to go to the Sugar Bowl. Realistically, I don't think many will take me up, cause AU winning 10-12 games is not realistic this year. It's just fact.

to be reasonable 6-6 and one minor Bowl victory, is pretty good to me, considering last yr's 3-9. still a work in progress. and next yr we can add 4 more win's!

Just curious as to what it takes to start a post here. Do I have to sleep with Terri Saban and video tape it or something? Okay, I know I am sometimes socially unacceptable.

Now to the subject. A 7 win season is a big win for AU. Dont forget that Arky & Tenn are both planning on winning against us. AU, ARKY, & UT are all desperate programs on the rebound -- I just hope we are ahead of them. I do think we can expect to get better each game with the way this staff is coaching and the way the players seem to respond. I like that.

No matter -- if we are in a bowl game, I am there. This is a crucial year for AU -- Ive seen them before, and it is important for us hard core fans to support the team. Much more important than the turnout in Glendale (although I enjoyed that greatly!!!!)

So, I say 6-8 wins and hoping the ball bounces our way. Either way, we are trending up, and everyone is seeing that.

Originally I said 8-9 wins for the entire season and continue to believe that is where we will wind up.

Our eight win may be in the bowl game. It depends upon whether we can take Ole Miss or not.

WINS

W. Carolina

Florida Atlantic

Probable Wins

Tennessee

Arkansas

TOSS UP

Ole Miss

Probable Losses

Texas A&M

Georgia

Alabama

If we could beat the toss up (Ole Miss) and win one of the probable losses, we could win 9.

Most likely we are 7 or 8 wins during the regular season and 8-9 wins after bowl game.

Either way, is a good start to the new day at Auburn, and gives us a chance to be really good in 2014.

This seems the most reasonable to me.

Considering last year, if we beat Ole Miss, TN and Arky, it will have been a very good season.

Add a win from the three "probable losses" and it's a fantastic season. But I just don't see that happening. Bama may not look all that good but they are notorious for playing down to the level of competition and eeking out wins. They'll get better too. Just don't see us beating TAMU in College Station. Georgia's too good for us this year, even though the gap is not as great as most assume.

My first goal (a bowl game) looks pretty safe at this point.

WINS

W. Carolina

Florida Atlantic

Probable Wins

Tennessee

Arkansas

TOSS UP

Ole Miss

Probable Losses

Texas A&M

Georgia

Alabama

This seems the most reasonable to me.

Considering last year, if we beat Ole Miss, TN and Arky, it will have been a very good season.

Add a win from the three "probable losses" and it's a fantastic season. But I just don't see that happening. Bama may not look all that good but they are notorious for playing down to the level of competition and eeking out wins. They'll get better too. Just don't see us beating TAMU in College Station. Georgia's too good for us this year, even though the gap is not as great as most assume.

My first goal (a bowl game) looks pretty safe at this point.

Ole MIss will tell us a lot. If we could play 4 quarters like we did the second half of the Ole Miss game and Marshall gets his throws more on target , we could pull that that one out. Ole Miss < LSU, but > Miss. State.

I am not saying this team does not have the talent to win, it is the experience we are lacking right now.

We should be a much different team come the end of the year than we are now. Perhaps the week off will give us time to mend and work out the kinks. If so, I believe we could take Ole Miss in a close game, especially since that one is a home game.

If we take care of Ole Miss, I see us at 500 in the SEC.

Who knows what happens not only to us, but some key injuries to one of the probable loss teams between now and then, could change one of these games outcomes as well (not that I am wishing that happens).

I think we totally regroup after this loss and come out firing on all cylinders against Ole Miss. I still think we lose to Texas A&M on the road due to Manziel and those tall receivers. But I think we win at Arky and at Tennessee and steal one from either UGA or Alabama. At least a 9 win season!

I said 8-4 to start the year and I will stick to it. 4-4 in conference. Losing to lsu aTm uga and bama. I could see us beating aTm just because their d is horrible. So 8 wins if we can pull and upset then 9

OM - W

WC - W

aTm - Push. Defense is bad, but Johnny Hancock is really good. If our defense (read: linebackers) step up, then we have a shot for a win. If not, we lose.

FAU - W

Arky - W

UT - W (I think that we start off slow but comeback to win)

UGA - L

Bama - L

Overall Record: 8-4 or 9-3 depending on aTm.

If 9-3: Chick-Fil-A bowl against either FSU or Clempsen, whichever does not win the ACC title. Either way, unless something drastic changes, I think we lose. FINAL RECORD: 9-4

If 8-4: Music City Bowl against NC State or VaTech. Either way, I think that we show Laughler what a real offense looks like, winning big. FINAL RECORD: 9-4.

9-3 Losses are LSU, Tx A&M, UGA

I agree with this estimate. I think we are better upfront than ole sis, arky is bad, UT is worse. aTm will give us fits bc of Johny Football, I think UGA has too many tools on O for us to beat them (Gurley and Marshall are awesome and Murray is the best QB in the conference). The idea that the turds have a great O is almost laughable. aTm is the only game where their O looked good, but hell, me and the old guys from my office could score on that D. They (the turds) have been held to less than 100yds rushing in 2 of 3 games, macaroon (sp is intentional) has been pressured by everyone except aTm. If we continue to progress and Ellis can get the right D established at the start of games, we can beat anyone on our schedule. I think we beat OM in a shootout, loose to aTm in a shootout, loose to UGA in a high scoring affair (42-28) but beat the turds on the Plains to finish with 3 losses on the year, but I guess I am just a homer. With better QB and LB/Safety play we could win all the games but the LB/Safety play will be what it is, I'm hoping Marshall can calm down and start hitting passes throughout the game and Gus/Rhett can make better calls during the second quarter (only 1 of 11 on 3rd down during the 2nd all season).

Just cant understand the AUTOMATIC loss to bama!! I will NEVER call it a loss before the game is played

True the race doesn't always go to the swiftest, but that's the way to bet. ;)

Don't get me wrong, we have a chance, especially since we are playing at home. And nobody would be happier than me if we pull the upset.

I just figure this thread is about cold, honest assessments without any :homer: optimism. :big:

I see it as 9-3 being our ceiling, with it likely being 8-4. Who we lose to, I have no idea.

We realistically have a shot at beating all of the teams on our schedule, just need some lucky breaks here and there and for our kids to continue playing hard.

The LSU game showed me that AU has the potential to play with any body in the conference. The problem is we aren't ready to do that yet. If we continue to lose the turnover battle and continue to make penalties inside the red zone then we'll lose to Ol' miss and struggle with Tenn and Arky. If that scenario plays out then we'll likely end the season at 6-6 or 7-5.

Now if we stop turning the ball over and can cut down on those untimely penalties then I think we can get 8-9 wins during the regular season.

A couple of other factors that will shape the season are 1. How healthy will the team be the rest of the year and 2. What do we have in Marshall as a QB.

1. We have been down right killed by injuries this year, especially on the D. Do we get some guys back for ol miss and do we have better luck the rest of the year? White has played great with Davis being out but Davis is our best DB and i give us no chance to get past 7 wins if he is out for an extended amount of time.

2. I've decided that i'm going to have to see a whole year of Marshall before I make a call on how good he can be. Kid is extremely sporadic in his play which probably means that the whole offense is being sporadic. I am comfortable stating that Marshall isn't going to be a pro QB at any point in his career. He could certainly surprise me but for a guy with 1 year of college ball left I don't see it. To me he looks more like and athlete playing QB than an athletic QB. Maybe the poor start in the rain has jaded my opinion but Marshall just doesn't seem consistant enough. One of those QBs that make the throws that no one expects but then misses the throws anydecent high school QB could make. Just one of those things you see in sports that can't be explained.

Should be an interesting rest of the year. I was ready to turn off the LSU game this past weekend but this AU team just kept showing me something that kept me tuned in. At the end of the first half I was thinking i we could just score 1 TD before halftime we'll have a chance! Then at the end of the game i was completely convinced had we recovered that onside kick that we really give LSU a scare! Says something about a team that is able to keep fighting, but it also says something about a team that puts themselves in that position to begin with.

In the end I just want an AU team that no one wants to play and shows no sign of quit in them. I think we have that this year and that shows that our coaches have done an amazing job in such a short amount of time. If we get 8 wins then Gus should win coach of the year and if we get 10 they should rename the award after him! lol

One thing about this offense which was better last year was ability to make 3rd and 1 or 2 or 4th and 1 or 2. I said this before the season and I continue to say it. This issue will cost us a game and may already have, at least played a role in it. Last year we could make those first downs consistently because QB was under center and we had threat of pile driving FB. And this years OL has much more push. Didn't always use that particular play, but the option was there. We all know JP will not carry the ball from scrimmage this year, but last year he was good for 2 or 3 carries a game for 8 to 10 valuable yards. I regretfully lower my prediction from 8-4 to 7-5. War Eagle!!

Archived