Your prediction for the rest of the season

AU!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if it weren't for the rain, I really believe that Saturday's game would have been a toss up. Taking that into account, we could, honestly, win every game on our schedule. Will we? Probably not. We would have to find the key to consistency in the next 11 days and all of our key players would need to stay healthy. I think we are a lock for 7-5, have a great shot at 8-4, and will likely get to 9-3 because we will have one breakout game when we are the underdog... My current feelings are that it will be the IronBowl.

All that being said, inconsistency is a dangerous playmate, and it could very well cost us a game we should win, if we don't get it under control. I think we fairly handily beat Arky and Tennessee, but if they come in with their big boy pants on and we make the wrong mistakes at the wrong time, the could easily upset us because we beat ourselves.

Our team is about where I expected them to be. I had hoped we'd have a chance against LSU but it wasn't to be.

As for the rest of the stason; I think our guys should be able to beat Tenn and Ark, making it 7-5. I don't know about Ole Miss, but expect to know more after they play AL this weekend.

I don't think we have a prayer against A&M, GA, or AL. LSU was our best chance to win a big one this year. I had hoped to best somebody we weren't supposed to but I don't see that happening now unless Ole Miss is a slight favorite.

Bowl? Maybe Nashville or Memphis. Auburn still has enough of a name draw to be picked above about half the SEC when it comes to bowl selection. We'll need the extra month's practice.

All in all not really a good year. No year that includes losses to LSU, GA, and AL can be called 'good' years. But it's obviously something we have to bear with. We're digging ourselves out of a deep hole, after all.

10-2

Loss to TAMU.

This should go to the archives..............Just sayin'.................

One thing about this offense which was better last year was ability to make 3rd and 1 or 2 or 4th and 1 or 2. I said this before the season and I continue to say it. This issue will cost us a game and may already have, at least played a role in it. Last year we could make those first downs consistently because QB was under center and we had threat of pile driving FB. And this years OL has much more push. Didn't always use that particular play, but the option was there. We all know JP will not carry the ball from scrimmage this year, but last year he was good for 2 or 3 carries a game for 8 to 10 valuable yards. I regretfully lower my prediction from 8-4 to 7-5. War Eagle!!

I missed something last year if this is true. JP did not even PLAY in about half our games. Wasted on the bench..........I could be wrong.....

I don't think LSU is as good as everyone else here seems to. Of the 4 really good teams we play I think they're the worst. I think they lose to GA, A&M, and AL...same as we do. They're not a top 5 team, probably not even a top 10 team. they're good, but not great by any means.

That's why I say if we can't beat them we don't have a prayer against the other 3.

10-2

Loss to TAMU.

This should go to the archives..............Just sayin'.................

There's my favorite follower! Right there to quote me!

I don't think LSU is as good as everyone else here seems to. Of the 4 really good teams we play I think they're the worst. I think they lose to GA, A&M, and AL...same as we do. They're not a top 5 team, probably not even a top 10 team. they're good, but not great by any means.

That's why I say if we can't beat them we don't have a prayer against the other 3.

I think you are going to be greatly surprised. I'm not sure if they beat all of the big 3 they have left on their schedule, but they can go toe-to-toe with any of them IMO. LSU is a very good football team. We just aren't as bad as the pundit's want people to think we are.

I think anything less than 7 wins is a huge disappointment and anyone who doesn't think we reach 7 is a rather pessimistic individual. I don't see any way in the world that we could lose to either Arkansas or Tennessee we should beat both those teams by 30 in that point of the season, and add in Western Carolina and Florida Atlantic that is the rest of the 4 to get us to 7. Not to mention i will never expect to lose to Ole Sis no matter how good they get, so i see us at 8 wins personally with a solid chance to get lucky and upset one of the other 3 tough games on our schedule.

A&M is not that good of a team.Beyond Manziel. They have the one big receiver but after that no other offensive threats. I would say A&M's skill people, after Manziel, are not as good as Auburn's. Of course Manziel makes them all better but comparing our backs and receivers Auburn's are better.

Their special teams are so so. A&M's kickoff returners are sloowww.

And their defense is bad. Total defense ranks 108 out of 125 teams. The rush defense is ranked 99th. Giving up a whopping 6 yds per carry (Look for arkansas to gouge them on the ground this weekend. keeping Manziel on the sidline. take ark at home plus the points).

Um Arky isn't a bad team and us Auburn fans should know by now that Arky has our number for some reason (kind of like we've had Floridas number. ). Folks under estimating Arky who should be undefeated had there qb not gotten injured.

A&M is not that good of a team.Beyond Manziel. They have the one big receiver but after that no other offensive threats. I would say A&M's skill people, after Manziel, are not as good as Auburn's. Of course Manziel makes them all better but comparing our backs and receivers Auburn's are better.

And their defense is bad. Total defense ranks 108 out of 125 teams. The rush defense is ranked 99th. Giving up a whopping 6 yds per carry (Look for arkansas to gouge them on the ground this weekend. keeping Manziel on the sidline. take ark at home plus the points).

Just don't believe our defense will be good enough to slow that one receiver down enough to win. Their defense is pretty bad and that late in the year we might just be able to exploit that, but the game being at college station is a slight help and i see us losing this one in a close game.

Um Arky isn't a bad team and us Auburn fans should know by now that Arky has our number for some reason (kind of like we've had Floridas number. ). Folks under estimating Arky who should be undefeated had there qb not gotten injured.

Not saying they're a bad team but I don't see in any way us losing to them this year. They have TAMU, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama a bye and then us and granted that bye will be nice for them we have Western Carolina, TAMU, Florida Atlantic, and then Arkansas. I completely expect us to win this game and by a lot

Just don't believe our defense will be good enough to slow that one receiver down enough to win. Their defense is pretty bad and that late in the year we might just be able to exploit that, but the game being at college station is a slight help and i see us losing this one in a close game.

I think our secondary has been pretty good. It is JFF's feet that worry me. aTm has a good offense without JFF - they have a great offense with him. I just think we can outscore them through 60mins. Their defense is bad bad bad. 9-3 for the season

I agree it won't be easy to win at their place. But i like our chances there more so than against uga or bamr.

I agree it won't be easy to win at their place. But i like our chances there more so than against uga or bamr.

Yeah if that Moo $tate backup could run all over us I hate to sees what Manziel will do

I think it's going to take just the right coach to beat A&M, and they are going to do it by exploiting Johnny Football's weakness... his ego. He make a lot of risky plays because he believes he's unstoppable. The right coach will figure out how to lead him into turnovers, and then, once he gets frustrated, I think he'll fall apart,

I think you are going to be greatly surprised. I'm not sure if they beat all of the big 3 they have left on their schedule, but they can go toe-to-toe with any of them IMO. LSU is a very good football team. We just aren't as bad as the pundit's want people to think we are.

It would be great if you are right, WarEagle10. Just my opinion but if our guys can be competitive against all 3 of those big ones lef then they'll have made a TREMENDOUS improvement this year and it will bode well for their future.

I think it's going to take just the right coach to beat A&M, and they are going to do it by exploiting Johnny Football's weakness... his ego. He make a lot of risky plays because he believes he's unstoppable. The right coach will figure out how to lead him into turnovers, and then, once he gets frustrated, I think he'll fall apart,

To beat A&M, you have to have a DL that can keep him in the pocket. You also have to have some speedy LB's when he gets out of the pocket. His receivers aren't the best in the world so our DB's should be able to man up with them. The first two is where I think we lack. We can run the ball down their throat. This will eat clock and keep their O on the sideline, which is in our favor. This is just my opinion......Football is just too damn good. That is the only game I don't think we have a shot in for the rest of the season.

To beat A&M, you have to have a DL that can keep him in the pocket. You also have to have some speedy LB's when he gets out of the pocket. His receivers aren't the best in the world so our DB's should be able to man up with them. The first two is where I think we lack. We can run the ball down their throat. This will eat clock and keep their O on the sideline, which is in our favor. This is just my opinion......Football is just too damn good. That is the only game I don't think we have a shot in for the rest of the season.

Funny cause in my opinion of bamr, uga and a&m our best shot to beat one of those is a&m. Auburn will field a more talented team than A&M. Not as talented than bamr or uga.,

I'm sticking with my original prediction of 7-5. I expect to see continued improvement throughout the season. By the end of the season, I think we will give UGA, and bama a run for their money. (btw, both of them certainly look beatable so who knows we may do much better than 7-5) The Ole Miss game will be very telling of the rest of the season IMHO

What I'm wondering is if this season is not prime to break through that 8-5 ceiling that we have been stuck on or under for so long (4 out of the last 5 years), when will it be? With next year's schedule, will we be able to win 9 or more games? If not, should we put all our eggs into this year?

Archived