Bad Calls last night.

DKW 86

1) Coop's non-posession fumble.

2) The late hit on Carnell after the first TD.

3) The take down on the Bama TD.

So :ua: Fans, dont give us that ole we got screwed by the refs stuff today.

Coop's was a fumble, imo. It was pretty quick, but it was as much a catch and then fumble as Reggie Brown's in the uga game. The reply showed the bama defender punch the ball out of Cooper's arm.

Since you asked politely, I am certain the will refrain from their usual, errr, I mean, I am certain they will not whine and complain. :D

I didnt see Coop actually in control of the ball. I know it was close but I still say it was not in his posession.

I watched the replay closely and I think he had the ball and it was a fumble, but it could have went either way.

UA deserved a penalty on the TD, but Caddy should not have slowed down and held the ball out like he was.

Yes I saw McClover get taken down more than once, but I also a face mask on JR that wasn't called. The refs can't catch all of them.

He did have control of the ball and it was a fair call, but I could see it being called either way. The thing that got me is taht McClover was being held all game, and not one call that I remember.

Well I saw so many holds I was about to jump off a cliff.....But it didnt matter, we pratically gave them the game (bama's offense) and they didnt do **** with it....so in the end, it didnt matter too much. They couldve been up 21-0 at halftime, but only came out with 6.

Here's a bad call for you...

On 2nd down JCam snaps the ball, falls down on the ground and 5 of his players jump on top of him (delay of game)...the ref made the right move and stopped the clock because he saw what he was doing...the next time? JC does the SAME thing...the ref doesnt stop the clock...it took like 20 seconds for them to start the play clock again. You guys should have had to punt to us.

Where we had to go for it on 4th at midfield and didnt get it...the spot on 3rd down was absolutley horrible.

All in all i thought it was a very well called game.

Yeah, I thought the officiating was fine in this game.

Cooper's fumble could have gone either way. From what I saw, he was still bobbling it when it got knocked out...close call either way.

Auburn won, so I'm good.

I watched the game with the DFW Auburn Club here in Dallas. Must have had 100 - 120 people there. The one consistent complaint throughout the game was the holding. It was pretty bad, including a few obvious tackles of our offensive linemen.

Bama got robbed on a couple of spots, and we lost a few calls, as well.

Overall, the best team won, and the score reflected the closeness of the game.

War Eagle, and on to Atlanta!

HOlding was awful from my view... i had no idea that an offensive lineman could tackle and then lay down on top of a defender and hold him there til the end of a play... learn something new everyday...

Also i had no idea that if the recieving team on a punt was caught in a hold that the team punting got 10 yards AND the ball back..... Section QQ couldn't figure out what the heck was happening...

Where we had to go for it on 4th at midfield and didnt get it...the spot on 3rd down was absolutley horrible.

124771[/snapback]

I agree, they spotted the ball too far up field!

From what I saw of the holding non-calls, all I can conclude is that Bammer has been given a "license to hold" by Gaston and the SEC refs. Its funny that Mix's "hold" can be seen but all those obvious holds and even takedowns by Bammer are invisible to the refs.

I don't see Cooper's fumble as being a fumble, one view clearly showed he did NOT ever have control of the ball. It was close enough, though, that unless a ref was in the right spot, he would have missed it.

All in all, it appeared to me that the refs were worth about 14 points to Bammer.

What would Bammer's record be this year if the refs actually called the obvious holds that they saw? I would say it might be 4 - 7, since their all powerful running game depends on the OL to hold.

Some say holding can be called on every play. But I can say that over the years bama is notorius for getting away with holding....staret by asking Kenny Stabler :P

There is a pic in today's Huntsville Times of a bama player holding that wasn't called.

HOlding was awful from my view... i had no idea that  an offensive lineman could tackle and then lay down on top of a defender and hold him there til the end of a play... learn something new everyday...

Also i had no idea that if the recieving team on a punt  was caught in a hold that the team punting got 10 yards AND the ball back.....    Section QQ couldn't figure out what the heck was happening...

124791[/snapback]

You can lay on top of a defending player to keep him down, but you cant tackle him. It looked like to me they just got tangled up and fell over, and the AU guy ended up on the bottom. I don't think you can pin the defender down, but I know you can lay on top and roll on him, just like the UA lineman did.

The call on the punt was bs. That's an incredibly dumb rule, especially considering most of the 'holding' was going on before the kick. The only benefit of that rule I could see is to keep 10 defensive players from tackling 10 offensive players and getting huge punt returns. Dumb rule.

Ya, it was basically the holding calls that were not called...tooooooo much holding.

124786[/snapback]

Ditto...take downs ARE holding!!!

SEC officiating??? :puke:

But we won, so we'll live to cuss them again next time! :lol:

Anyone listen to the post game radio show? It was still on about an hour after the game and Stan White and the crew were almost laughing at a couple of the missed holding calls. There was on the last TD by Bama and one on the play before that would have caused a WWE referee to ring the bell. The referee was staring at it just like the Bama/LSU ref was on the pass interference and he did just about as much as that ref did.

On 2nd down JCam snaps the ball, falls down on the ground and 5 of his players jump on top of him (delay of game)...the ref made the right move and stopped the clock because he saw what he was doing...the next time? JC does the SAME thing...the ref doesnt stop the clock...it took like 20 seconds for them to start the play clock again. You guys should have had to punt to us.

124771[/snapback]

i knew they would be able to think of something. i just expected more than a bad call on the kneel down play. :roflol::lol::lol::lol:

i really just threw up in my mouth when i read this

124771[/snapback]

Then why are you whining? :blink::big:

I had no issue with the fumble, I thought it was on the replay. The tackle-hold on the long bama 3rd down pass was infuriating. If you pull a DL to the ground, you are holding. The ref was standing right there and just let it go, yet they call a hold AFTER a punt is kicked and bama gets to keep the ball... sorry, but that's utter stupidity.

SEC officiating gets worse every year and another year of this should cost Gaston his job, as well as several officials. It's ridiculous.

124771[/snapback]

i knew they would be able to think of something. i just expected more than a bad call on the kneel down play. :roflol::lol::lol::lol:

i really just threw up in my mouth when i read this

124908[/snapback]

BG, CTT called Timeout just before the half with 45 seconds to go. They did not stop the clock until like 35 seconds were left. If any one was getting the benefit of the clock it was :ua:

Archived