CGM On GameDay

Auctoritas

Nice job Gus !

Interesting that ESPN only shows highlights of AU losses. You would think GA leads the series by 25 games. They picked GA & bama for the SECC so they will promote and make excuses for them all the way. It is so, so difficult for ESPN to just simply give us props.

War Damn Eagle !

Nice job Gus !

Interesting that ESPN only shows highlights of AU losses. You would think GA leads the series by 25 games. They picked GA & bama for the SECC so they will promote and make excuses for them all the way. It is so, so difficult for ESPN to just simply give us props.

War Damn Eagle !

I prefer that they don't..piss on 'em. War Eagle! I love proving them wrong

Nice job Gus !

War Damn Eagle !

They showed the losses with a lead in about how Georgia has played the spoiler for Auburn several times over the years, which is true. It's not some anti-Auburn ESPN conspiracy. Looking back over the last twenty years, most of our losses that pissed me off most were against Georgia...and Arkansas.

Gotta give Pollack props for making sense of the Mccryin hype machine that ESPN is building for him. He's average at best without all the talent around him.

Yep, and Paul looked like he could backslap pollack for even insinuating Mccryin is average qb at best

McCarron is generally underrated IMO, and the skill position talent at UAT is generally overrated. A great offensive line makes the skill players look better, and that has been the key for Alabama. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson have looked rather mediocre in the NFL, as two obvious examples.

I do think OJ Howard and Amari Cooper are legit NFL prospects though. McCarron is smart, organized, with a solid arm at short to medium range. He'd be a solid backup for a team with a strong pro-style starter.

he didn't give them a thing. Same sound bites we been hearing all year. Get better each practice and take it one game at a time.

... well he did flash 'em the smile

(they asked for)

Gotta give Pollack props for making sense of the Mccryin hype machine that ESPN is building for him. He's average at best without all the talent around him.

Yep, and Paul looked like he could backslap pollack for even insinuating Mccryin is average qb at best

McCarron is generally underrated IMO, and the skill position talent at UAT is generally overrated. A great offensive line makes the skill players look better, and that has been the key for Alabama. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson have looked rather mediocre in the NFL, as two obvious examples.

I do think OJ Howard and Amari Cooper are legit NFL prospects though. McCarron is smart, organized, with a solid arm at short to medium range. He'd be a solid backup for a team with a strong pro-style starter.

... still none of them ^^^ Heisman material.

Nice job Gus !

War Damn Eagle !

They showed the losses with a lead in about how Georgia has played the spoiler for Auburn several times over the years, which is true. It's not some anti-Auburn ESPN conspiracy. Looking back over the last twenty years, most of our losses that pissed me off most were against Georgia...and Arkansas.

yup. Several heartbreakers against UGA. I was right in the corner of the endzone for the 4th down TD pass from David Greene. it was in slow motion and I tried my best to knock the ball down, but I was 27 rows up.

Nice job Gus !

War Damn Eagle !

They only did that to show the times a very successful Auburn team has been upset by a weaker Georgia team. They didn't do it in spite of Auburn.

Bingo...AJ is good but c'mon swap him out with Lynch and NIU is not undefeated but UA still is with Lynch..same with Johnny Fooseball

Bingo...AJ is good but c'mon swap him out with Lynch and NIU is not undefeated but UA still is with Lynch..same with Johnny Fooseball

Yup. Hell, put him on this year's UGA team, and I highly doubt they're 6-3 coming into JHS.

Yup. Hell, put him on this year's UGA team, and I highly doubt they're 6-3 coming into JHS.

Absolutely!!

I think this was more than evident in their first 2 games. Their OL struggled and AJ looked below average. They pulled off the W but they did not look like the number 1 team in the nation. I think I remember ESPN even discussing that but said they would remain #1 until someone beat them. They have 2 more weeks.

jajaja I don't know, but I got a question. I thought Paul finebaum had a radio show in Alabama. Is he now with ESPN? I think he's on Gameday. I don't know the guy, but it's just a question.

Finebaum has moved to Charlotte, NC. He will be one of the faces of the new SEC network next year, and has a contract that calls for 100 appearances on ESPN before SECN launches.

http://www.thestate.com/2013/10/05/3021379/paul-finebaum-can-talk-will-travel.html

Archived