Can we please please please fire Barbee?

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has ctb always had that same expression. He reminds me of tuberville his last season. His face just says "please get me outta here". I don't know if that has always been how he looks.

Barbee can't coach little league. Or church league right now.. I don't know what happened but he's gotta go. He won before he got to AU.

Is this the last year of his contract? That makes it easier.

I think he has 2 years left.

Could be but I doubt that would be a factor in the decision come the end of the season.

As I've noted many times, getting rid to TB and his contract is the easy part....the difficult thing is to hire someone with the ability to turn the program around.

If you check around the SEC, lots of coaching changes over the past couple decades and almost no meaningful improvement by any of the teams after a new coach comes in...at least nothing that changes the balance of power in conference....the top teams stay on top and the bottom teams just re-shuffle a bit.

Any new search committee JJ appoints will have its work cut out for it 'cause I think they are going to have to dig deep to find a good candidate and I expect it will be someone that most of us have never heard of.

What is the difference between AU and, for example, Stanford? Stanford seems to be good-to-great at many different sports (football, men's & women's basketball, baseball, etc.). That maybe a horrible example to use.

A new, proven coach might not be enough. I know we have spent money on facilities, but doesn't there have to be more of a "buy-in" than just writing the check?

I'm in a hurry to leave now, so I apologize if I didn't word this in the best way.

Irregardless, I hope something positive can happen with Auburn basketball. It seems baseball and softball are headed in the right direction.

What is the difference between AU and, for example, Stanford? Stanford seems to be good-to-great at many different sports (football, men's & women's basketball,

Maybe a better example would be Baylor. There is no reason why Baylor should be superior to Auburn in athletics. Conference, location and history all favor Auburn. Yet in the 2010-2011 academic year, Baylor had 19 of 21 men's and women's sports compete in post season play. That included men's basketball, BTW. There's no reason why we can't at least come close to that.

There is a good reason AU is not competitive across the board. It is JJ. If it wasn't for so much fan pressure and fear of losing his own job, we would still have Chizik.

There is a good reason AU is not competitive across the board. It is JJ. If it wasn't for so much fan pressure and fear of losing his own job, we would still have Chizik.

Nah....you don't really believe that do you? But it's certainly a good place for the JJ haters to get their message in. I'm surprised we got this far before the thread got moved in that direction.

Is this the last year of his contract? That makes it easier.

I think he has 2 years left.

Could be but I doubt that would be a factor in the decision come the end of the season.

As I've noted many times, getting rid to TB and his contract is the easy part....the difficult thing is to hire someone with the ability to turn the program around.

If you check around the SEC, lots of coaching changes over the past couple decades and almost no meaningful improvement by any of the teams after a new coach comes in...at least nothing that changes the balance of power in conference....the top teams stay on top and the bottom teams just re-shuffle a bit.

Any new search committee JJ appoints will have its work cut out for it 'cause I think they are going to have to dig deep to find a good candidate and I expect it will be someone that most of us have never heard of.

AU extended his contract in '12. All the way through 2017. $750,000 annual buyout.

What is the difference between AU and, for example, Stanford? Stanford seems to be good-to-great at many different sports (football, men's & women's basketball,

Maybe a better example would be Baylor. There is no reason why Baylor should be superior to Auburn in athletics. Conference, location and history all favor Auburn. Yet in the 2010-2011 academic year, Baylor had 19 of 21 men's and women's sports compete in post season play. That included men's basketball, BTW. There's no reason why we can't at least come close to that.

Yes, that is a very good point with the comparison to Baylor. I don't watch softball, but I would if AU was competing at the end of the year. Same goes for women's basketball. I don't understand why AU isn't competitive in a majority of the sports we participate in. Should there be enough pride in a team wearing the AU on their jersey in order to be at the very least respectable....not an automatic W (as in basketball)?

This was the reason I wanted Baylor to join the SEC over Mizzou.

This was the reason I wanted Baylor to join the SEC over Mizzou.

Plus, had Baylor joined the SEC with A&M they'd have both been put in the West and we here at Auburn would have had or much longed-for move to the East.

Plus, had Baylor joined the SEC with A&M they'd have both been put in the West and we here at Auburn would have had or much longed-for move to the East.

What?? Missouri is west of us and was still put in the eastern division. You know it was not about where the new teams were located but about bama losing a rivalry game with either UT or us if we were in the east. F'n bama.

Guest jojo1515

Tony has over stayed his welcome.

that happened about a year or two ago. He doesn't deserve to coach the next practice, let alone the next game. At this point, I am starting to wonder if he is losing on purpose to get out of his contract. Its just hard to believe that anyone could be this bad at their job, especially one that pays as much as his does! He'll be lucky to get a job at a HS after this disgusting display of loserism

Guest jojo1515

Mr. Jacobs, if you dont fire Barbie doll before he goes to sleep tonight, you have zero cajones. 19 point loss to what was a 1 win SEC team. Cant get any worse.

Good lord. How much longer does Jacobs let this mess continue? We are much worse today than the day TB arrived and there is no end in sight. Awful. Just Awful.

For some strange reason, a lot of players have jumped ship since Barbee got to Auburn. Can Tony not get along with his own players?

Guest jojo1515

For some strange reason, a lot of players have jumped ship since Barbee got to Auburn. Can Tony not get along with his own players?

When you dont teach anybody anything and then treat them like crap because they dont do what you want (and nobody knows what that is), people leave. Players are blamed for not following the game plan when it appears there is no game plan except to play streetball. Players want to play for coaches they respect and they serm to have very little for barbie doll.

I get the impression that CTB knows that he is gone after this season and is just phoning it in now. He will have earned collected $6,000,000 plus whatever his buyout is. Not a bad payday to have some of the worst season in AU BB history. :(

Archived