Can we please please please fire Barbee?

DyeHardAllTheWay

Barbee follows up his best coaching of the year with a bad late game performance. The questionable press and the forced 3 with a minute to go were very detrimental to this one.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jar...have you applied for the job yet ?

Barbee follows up his best coaching of the year with a bad late game performance. The questionable press and the forced 3 with a minute to go were very detrimental to this one.

Disagree.. The 3 pointer was a good shot. Harrell, who is a 40% 3 point shooter, was open. He had to take it. Not a bad call/coaching at all.

Disagree.. The 3 pointer was a good shot. Harrell, who is a 40% 3 point shooter, was open. He had to take it. Not a bad call/coaching at all.

Harrell was 1-5 and AU was 5-20 at the time. The three balls weren't falling this night. Barbee should recognize that.

I agree with you boom. Also the press did force some quick turnovers and speed up the game even if they beat the press. I thought that is what gave us our chance to get back in the game.

I agree with you boom. Also the press did force some quick turnovers and speed up the game even if they beat the press. I thought that is what gave us our chance to get back in the game.

I agree with the press too but it was a bit of a jailbreak blitz. No one back, even to half court. One good pass and it was a layup.

I have a casual observer question.

Every game I have watched, we are severely undersized. Do we have a separate strength/conditioning program for basketball? I mean, our guys were scrawny compared to LSU. Given, we've been small against everyone I have watched this season.

Well to get them big and strong, they have to be in the program for more than one or two years. Auburn is school that has to develop players, that has not happened in Barbee era. Not that the players are bad we just do not keep them around. Now the why to that is a mystery??

I have a casual observer question.

Every game I have watched, we are severely undersized. Do we have a separate strength/conditioning program for basketball? I mean, our guys were scrawny compared to LSU. Given, we've been small against everyone I have watched this season.

Our only big men are ADT and Atewe. ADT is probably scrawny due to when he started growing. Atewe is strong, but he's only 6-9.

Well, so far in the Barbee era, we haven't even had a "program" for the kids to mature and develop in. As others have said, with our astounding rate of attrition, there's very little development going on at all, physical and mental. There's just no plan it seems and it continues to show.

Want a mid major coach who knows how to coach?

http://www.cofcsport...0&Q_SEASON=2013

Doug Wojcik CoCharleston

Watch from behind his bench when they played UT Chattanooga last year.

Best coached team I've seen in a while. He had complete control of the team and ran the bench like a naval captain.

Little doc

I will agree with your assessment of his coaching ability but he was fired from Tulsa two years ago after 7 seasons without a tournament bid which will prevent him from getting any consideration from a big time program.

I dont watch a whole lot of basketball. When i do, auburn is the only team i watch. Im sad to say that i have literally never seen auburn win a basketball game :(

I dont watch a whole lot of basketball. When i do, auburn is the only team i watch. Im sad to say that i have literally never seen auburn win a basketball game :(

If you have watched a televised SEC game with Auburn in it over the past 11 seasons, there is a very strong chance that you would never see a win. This is the worst stretch in Auburn basketball history. Ever since Ellis's sweet 16 season in 02/03 we haven't made the tournament and for the most part haven't been competitive against the upper crust of SEC/ college basketball. Only Lebo's 5th season (07/08) did we come close to making the tourney and it was a lackluster non conference slate and two bad losses that kept us out. We need this stretch to end. 11 years without a tournament appearance is an eternity, even for a football school like Auburn.

Only caught the last 60 sec as I'm working late. Wish I hadn't. Typical Barbee finish. When your upperclassmen are making those kinds of late game errors, you know the coaching is subpar. That might have saved his job with a win tonight, instead it hopefully seals his fate as AU's coach.

I'm not defending Barbee's record, but I will defend him tonight... How can anybody blame this loss on coaching??? These are grown ass men playing Division 1 basketball! They're not babies... There was a complete mental breakdown in the last minute. It is what it is.

Barbee had these guys prepared, they just fell short to a better Florida team...

Not defending Barbee but how can you blame him. He didn't miss the layup or free throws.

Does he ever miss any layups or free throws in other losses?

I'm not defending Barbee's record, but I will defend him tonight... How can anybody blame this loss on coaching??? These are grown ass men playing Division 1 basketball! They're not babies... There was a complete mental breakdown in the last minute. It is what it is.

Barbee had these guys prepared, they just fell short to a better Florida team...

Agreed. Can't blame coaching for this one. But... it seems to happen a lot that we are in position to beat a superior team and lose it in the last minute by making stupid mistakes or missing free throws. I do think that is a coaching issue.

Agreed. Can't blame coaching for this one. But... it seems to happen a lot that we are in position to beat a superior team and lose it in the last minute by making stupid mistakes or missing free throws. I do think that is a coaching issue.

My question is since it does keep occurring how is none of the blame accredited to Barbee? Isn't it up to him to help get guys in the right position and know situations? Sure guys have to execute but i mean we give Gus create when the football team made some late heroic plays for helping put our guys in the right position and Gus wasn't making the plays. The same players that went 3-9. I think some blame has to go to Barbee for the fact that it just keeps happening down the stretch. If the issue is mental and basketball awareness of different situations...is it not up to the coach to get the players better in that area?

I was one of the few that wanted to keep Barbee even after last year. I felt good about this year and then yet again before the season starts we're losing players. If the issue of why players don't stay to play under Barbee gets resolved we're never going to win under him. I've heard people say we'll have to start over again but we're essentially starting over with a new roster every year b/c recruits don't stay. There is no reason why Auburn can not win in CBB in the sorry league of the SEC...NONE. I don't think we need 2 or 3 big time recruits. Barbee has recruited very well to win a good amount of basketball games and go to the tourney more times than not considering how bad our program has been the last few years. They just don't stay! lol.

Of course it's coaching. When we have a similar collapse in every close game, that's a problem that should have been addressed by the,,,,uh,,,,coach.

Archived