O.T. Football ?: Arm bands players wear

AURaptor

An excuse could be that it stops sweat from running down there arm ha..

125045[/snapback]

I thoght about that, but then figured that was pretty silly. Maybe it works, but I know from experience that forearms can sweat pretty good too, so what would be the point? Seems to me that mostly RB's and LB's wear 'em.

Actually the ones worn around or near the elbow are usually just thin sweatbands. The purpose they serve is that of vanity for the most part.

I wear a double width one on my bicep so I can wipe the sweat from my face...

And rightfully so! Sitting at a computer keyboard can really work up a sweat ! !

:big:

An excuse could be that it stops sweat from running down there arm ha..

125045[/snapback]

I thoght about that, but then figured that was pretty silly. Maybe it works, but I know from experience that forearms can sweat pretty good too, so what would be the point? Seems to me that mostly RB's and LB's wear 'em.

125048[/snapback]

RB's wear them above their elbows to stop the sweat from running down. Yes your forearms sweat to, but that will run down and usually get caught by the one around your wrist. You don't want the sweat running from all the way down to the forearms.

I know that it might not be a big deal, and you will end up with sweat on your arms anyways, but this is where runningback carry the ball. They want that area right below the elbow to be as dry as possible when defenders are trying to trip the ball out of their arm.

Or, as bg pointed out, if they are sitting behind a keyboard. You never know when someone is gonna' try and strip that mouse out of your grasp ! ! ! :D

Archived