Can someone with bowl ticket experience offer advice?

WDEIowa

I will be going to my first bowl game ever(hopefully), and I have zero experience on the best method to secure tickets(2). Is it best to buy them directly through ticketmaster or whomever is selling them or go through a 3rd party site? I am just trying to think of how to get them prior to being way overpriced. Also, should they be purchased early to avoid missing out? Not sure how many tickets are sold after the fact. Can they be purchased through Auburn as well?

Auburn will have an allotment from whatever bowl we're going to play in. Obviously, what bowl and how important will affect demand. In past years I've had good luck by getting season ticket holders that aren't going to the bowl game to buy them for me using their priority. Obviously, that's good only if you know such a person.

This forum right here is another good source.

PS: Travel agents usually have tickert packages that include hotel, etc. Can be pricy but they always seem to have lots of tickets. Watch for advertisements.

If we play in the sb, and you have the stomach for it, you can wait until right before kickoff and there are always extras floating around cheap.

I had heard that, but couldn't wait so bought one ahead of time. As we went into the stadium there were lots of extras and the AU couple in front of me waved two extras until they got to the stadium, then just went inside with them. This was 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

When we went to the Outback Bowl a few years ago I got mine on Stubhub for $40/each....lower level on the 40 right behind the AU bench. I guess it depends on what bowl game it is, the stadium was not even close to being full so good tickets were cheap.

Archived