Jeff Capel

CameronCrazy

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Time for Jeff Capel to get another head coaching gig. Point man on Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow & Rodney Hood.”

His tenure at Oklahoma didn't end so well, but this guy is KILLING it on the recruiting trail for Duke. He was in the running when we hired Lebo. Any chance he gets a second look?

Duke recruits itself. It'd be significantly more difficult to recruit at AUburn but would still probably be a good candidate if barbee were to be let go.

Nope. Had his chance and burned bridges.

interesting comment. lord knows a few years make people forget. with that said.

shawn kemp jr. has:

0pts.

4 fouls

6 mins in tonights game so far apparently he could be a game changer..

what else is there/their/they're

capel knows things and can recruit. but no that will not happen in AU.

besides, "what happened?"

Coach K advised him to pass on AU if I recall, it's not like we chose Lebo over him. As far as recruiting, well, what's new about a bunch of stud blue chips playing at Duke? Obviously this happens year in year out and has for 2+ decades at least.

Having said that, if it gets Barbee out of AU, I'd gladly welcome Capel with open arms. Pretty sure anyone can lead us to 30 loss seasons so any improvement would be super. Ha! :)

Coach K advised him to pass on AU if I recall, it's not like we chose Lebo over him. As far as recruiting, well, what's new about a bunch of stud blue chips playing at Duke? Obviously this happens year in year out and has for 2+ decades at least.

Having said that, if it gets Barbee out of AU, I'd gladly welcome Capel with open arms. Pretty sure anyone can lead us to 30 loss seasons so any improvement would be super. Ha! :)

ok. fair enough. but if I was Capel I might would say no as well. it has not been stable. but he did ok with OK. of course he got blake and co. but Oklahoma was in a better position then than we were.

nonetheless we are looking for another coach and if anything Capel would not take it now.

Having said that, if it gets Barbee out of AU, I'd gladly welcome Capel with open arms. Pretty sure anyone can lead us to 30 loss seasons so any improvement would be super. Ha! :)/>

ok. fair enough. but if I was Capel I might would say no as well. it has not been stable. but he did ok with OK. of course he got blake and co. but Oklahoma was in a better position then than we were.

nonetheless we are looking for another coach and if anything Capel would not take it now.

Agreed

Archived