Coach Tommy Tuberville to attend Iron Bowl

Sid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tubbs made AU fans believe every time we got on the field with bama . We would beat them to a pulp. Tubbs was UAs worst nightmare

Well, he certainly was Mike Shula's worst nightmare. Actually, Mike Shula was UAs worst nightmare. :)

The inside scoop........Tubs is going to be announced as our new basketball coach. Seriously, welcome home Tubs, see you at our tailgate Saturday morning.

Glad coach Tubbs is getting to come down. I would not be the least surprised if Gus had him give a motivational speech in the locker room.

Coach Tubbs had a great career at Auburn and is a top notch coach, make no mistake about it! He wins where ever he goes. He has Cinncy sitting at 9-2. He was great at taking 3 stars and turning them into SEC and NFL stars.

I was surprised that neither Arkansas nor Tennessee went after him. Glad they didn't, but surprised. If I had been the AD at ether school, he would have been at the top of my list! Either school would have had a hellava coach and a definite upgrade.

I am kind of glad he is not coaching against us though. I would not have looked forward to facing him on a regular basis, because he is a dangerous football coach to have on the opossing sideline. Perhaps he was contacted, but did not want to coach in the SEC, due to his and his family's ties to Auburn.

Coach Tubbs would make an AUSOME A.D. for us. Having him and Gus together would be like WOW!

For those with negative comments, Coach Tommy Tuberville is one of the greatest AU coaches of all time. Show him the respect he deserves.

Heard a rumor from a guy who works some caterings for the bigwigs that Tim Cook of Apple will be here. Don't know if he can give a good pregame speech but that's pretty cool to have him here if that's true.

Can we bring Terry back too? Coach Dye will obviously be here. Prolly bypass Chiz this go around. Maybe let Brother chime in a bit for fun. Ha!

Coaches Tubberville, Chizik and Dye are on a different planet than that piece of crap Bowden who left his players mid season to go cry on his daddy's porch when he found out he'd be fired in December. Probably the only time a major college coach QUIT mid season because his feelings were hurt without even having another job lined up.

But I digress.

I have never understood why some folks turn on our former coaches like an ex-wife that drained a bank account and ran off with your best friend. All of our former coaches (except Barfield maybe) lead us to some incredible seasons that will forever be in our memories. They all contributed to the storied success of our program and helped build it. I guess I choose to look back fondly instead of bitterly.

Lol...they are going to have an active coach from another team give the pregame speech to the Auburn team. riiiiiight...

One of my pre-season thoughts was what if AU and Cincy ended up in a bowl game against each other. THAT would sell tickets! Shouldn't happen this year....

BTW....we screwed Bowden and Bowden screwed us & in turn, the team....

I always liked Coach Tuberville. The only thing I did not like was he would sit on a lead and we would go into a prevent D.

You mean like we did against UGA this year?

You are correct! Keep your foot on their throat until the fat lady sings.

Glad coach Tubbs is getting to come down. I would not be the least surprised if Gus had him give a motivational speech in the locker room.

Coach Tubbs had a great career at Auburn and is a top notch coach, make no mistake about it! He wins where ever he goes. He has Cinncy sitting at 9-2. He was great at taking 3 stars and turning them into SEC and NFL stars.

I was surprised that neither Arkansas nor Tennessee went after him. Glad they didn't, but surprised. If I had been the AD at ether school, he would have been at the top of my list! Either school would have had a hellava coach and a definite upgrade.

I am kind of glad he is not coaching against us though. I would not have looked forward to facing him on a regular basis, because he is a dangerous football coach to have on the opossing sideline. Perhaps he was contacted, but did not want to coach in the SEC, due to his and his family's ties to Auburn.

Coach Tubbs would make an AUSOME A.D. for us. Having him and Gus together would be like WOW!

For those with negative comments, Coach Tommy Tuberville is one of the greatest AU coaches of all time. Show him the respect he deserves.

Nice post.

Lol...they are going to have an active coach from another team give the pregame speech to the Auburn team. riiiiiight...

I mean I'm not sure it's as stupid as you clearly think it is.. He loves Auburn, he's a great coach, he destroyed UA in his time here, and everyone in the country that isn't a bammer turd is pulling for us to beat bama..

Nice post.

Thanks.. I do not understand why some of our fans dislike Tommy Tuberville. We won or shared the West title no less than 4 times in 11 years, won the SEC in 04, , beat Florida two years in a row (when they were a powerhouse), beat Bama 6 years in a row, and went undefeated in 2004.

If our fair whether fans knew the real reasons he had a down year his last year, perhaps they would be more sympathetic. Probably not though and don't ask, I will not tell.

I mean I'm not sure it's as stupid as you clearly think it is.. He loves Auburn, he's a great coach, he destroyed UA in his time here, and everyone in the country that isn't a bammer turd is pulling for us to beat bama..

You didn't say anything I disagree with, but he works for another institution. How would Arky fans feel if Bielema was giving a pregame speech, essentially coaching, to Wisconsin players prior to a game, IN the locker room? How would we feel if Gus did that for Arky State? Or Saban talked to LSU prior to a big game..etc

^ i'm asking anyway lol. Why do people want to be so secretive about things if its the truth on here?

Assuming what I heard was true, let's just say it was a family matter and leave it at that.

You didn't say anything I disagree with, but he works for another institution. How would Arky fans feel if Bielema was giving a pregame speech, essentially coaching, to Wisconsin players prior to a game, IN the locker room? How would we feel if Gus did that for Arky State? Or Saban talked to LSU prior to a big game..etc

Not a real good example.

Looking at the way Arkansas has played this year I don't think schools will be beating Bielema's doors down to get him to give pre game pep talks. But Arkansas fans might like it if he were somewhere else.

Even the Wall Street Journal call the whole USA to pull for us

Archived