Sick of hearing "AU's defense gave up 42 points"

BigSammyK

We won by 17.Would people be happier if it was 17 - 0?

No then people would say Oh Auburn's offense sucked and Missouri's offense really sucked. They're going to get plastered by Florida State who has a real offense

You are exactly right.

Let them keep harping on it. We've got a month to prepare for FSU...

+1. Didn't these "experts" say the same thing about the Oregon Ducks? We've done it before! The defense will be hearing all month how they suck. I wouldn't bet against our defense in Cali.

I'm not that worried about the defense considering how much time and practice we will have to correct some things. The main things that worries me are mental mistakes, fumbles, penalties on both sides of the ball and getting key 3rd down stops on defense. The Mizzou game was close b/c we made it close. Those 2-3 non stops on key 3rd downs were a killer..esp. after we played well on 1st and 2nd down.

Yeah -- I don't think ANYONE, not even Lou Holtz, would say that we can't run it on FSU at this point.

Lou Holtz probably still believes we can't run on Bama.

Yeah -- I don't think ANYONE, not even Lou Holtz, would say that we can't run it on FSU at this point.

He does. Did you hear him last night? He still refuses to believe in Auburn. He still puts Bama as the #2 team. lol.

I don't think anyone has remember Coach D. Craig was on the FSU staff last year. I'm sure he can give some inside to FSU offense

BOOM! :wareagle::bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

He does. Did you hear him last night? He still refuses to believe in Auburn. He still puts Bama as the #2 team. lol.

He's not there for his insight.

Our d is ok, not stellar! We're not physical enough yet, seen a lot of whiffing going on. Michigan st. Was very physical, I like their defense! Just think if we had their d to go with our o, it would be unfair

You could tell the defense was fatigued from the last 2 games, IMO. They just went through consecutive wars with our 2 biggest rivals. This time off will benefit us a lot more than FSU.

The defense may not be a lockdown defense but all they need to do is slow down our opponent enough for the offense to outscore them. When they do that, we will win every time.

Archived