2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

I thought Williams didn't have a committable offer from Bama? How can he flip if he doesn't have a committable offer?

well I can only assume that he must have since they are evidently still pursuing him. If he doesn't he will have. The turds don't want him at AU.

They have a few LBs higher on their board. You can pursue someone without them having a commitable offer.

OK. I am not the most up to speed person on all of this. Learned a little something. I don't think I could stay sane trying to keep up with it like most of you guys do.

Gotta remember the bammer's protocol....1) sign the top players they want...and 2) keep those who don't get on their preferred list from signing with AU by poisoning the well whenever they get a chance.....and of course they will pull an offer on signing day if it suits their agenda.

Will never forget the kid from Mobile sitting there in his bama hat being told at the last minute that they did not have room for him....so he went to Arky sight unseen...which actually turned out good for Arky...but the guy was a basket case on LOI day. None the less, I expect the bama recruiters slept well that night.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Williams didn't have a committable offer from Bama? How can he flip if he doesn't have a committable offer?

well I can only assume that he must have since they are evidently still pursuing him. If he doesn't he will have. The turds don't want him at AU.

They have a few LBs higher on their board. You can pursue someone without them having a commitable offer.

OK. I am not the most up to speed person on all of this. Learned a little something. I don't think I could stay sane trying to keep up with it like most of you guys do.

Gotta remember the bammer's protocol....1) sign the top players they want...and 2) keep those who don't get on their preferred list from signing with AU by poisoning the well whenever they get a chance.....and of course they will pull an offer on signing day if it suits their agenda.

Will never forget the kid from Mobile sitting there in his bama hat being told at the last minute that they did not have room for him....so he went to Arky sight unseen...which actually turned out good for Arky...but the guy was a basket case on LOI day. None the less, I expect the bama recruiters slept well that night.

I would like to know if this,is basically what happened to Quan Alexander, LSUs starting LB. I sure did want him.

I would like to know if this,is basically what happened to Quan Alexander, LSUs starting LB. I sure did want him.

Exactly...

Kwon played right into the "anywhere but Auburn" crap. But, in all fairness to Kwon, he was told Auburn would suck... and I'll be damned if AU didn't go out there and put up a 3-9 record during his freshman year. So it looked like a wise decision back then...

No. Use logic when thinking things through. LSU was a bigger on the field threat to Bama then. There is no way they push a kid then to LSU away from AU.

No. Use logic when thinking things through. LSU was a bigger on the field threat to Bama then. There is no way they push a kid then to LSU away from AU.

When they use the "anywhere but Auburn" line of persuasion they can hardly then name the place where the kid eventually signs.

Also, it's not so much the bammer staff as it is local bammers and they would rather have him at LSU or "anywhere but Auburn". This crap from the local bamzos is exactly why K. Alexander went to LSU instead of Auburn.

When they use the "anywhere but Auburn" line of persuasion they can hardly then name the place where the kid eventually signs.

Also, it's not so much the bammer staff as it is local bammers and they would rather have him at LSU or "anywhere but Auburn". This crap from the local bamzos is exactly why K. Alexander went to LSU instead of Auburn.

That is why I posted,the question and this is exactly what I thought happened. It was The local BAMA fans telling him anywhere but AU. After watching our game last night, I did not notice Kwon all over the field making plays.

That is why I posted,the question and this is exactly what I thought happened. It was The local BAMA fans telling him anywhere but AU. After watching our game last night, I did not notice Kwon all over the field making plays.

did you notice anyone from LSU making plays? I sure didn't

That's true. The way JFD phrased his post I thought he was reeferring specifically to the Bama staff. My bad.

• 1 month later...

@JTalty: Ole Miss is trying to get back involved with Auburn 4-star commit Darrell Williams: http://t.co/9Z8ZnUzyeM

Read that he was at the Bama-MSU game...listed him as an AU commit...if that really true, he should have been in Athens....JMO.

@JTalty: Ole Miss is trying to get back involved with Auburn 4-star commit Darrell Williams: http://t.co/9Z8ZnUzyeM

Read that he was at the Bama-MSU game...listed him as an AU commit...if that really true, he should have been in Athens....JMO.

Some on here have said that he's only committed to AU unless and until bammer gives him a committable offer. Me, I have no inside knowledge about him other than what I've read here.

Would've had to be on UGAs sideline and I don't know if they are recruiting him.

It's about a 5 or 6 hour drive from Hoover to Athens versus 45 minutes to Tuscaloosa. I think he made the right choice.

It's about a 5 or 6 hour drive from Hoover to Athens versus 45 minutes to Tuscaloosa. I think he made the right choice.

I think he takes that 45 minute drive a couple times a month....personally I will be quite surprised if he ends up at AU...commitment or not.

I think he takes that 45 minute drive a couple times a month....personally I will be quite surprised if he ends up at AU...commitment or not.

We need depth and good depth. We need this kid. I like our pitch. Probably going to come down to the wire though

Some on here have said that he's only committed to AU unless and until bammer gives him a committable offer. Me, I have no inside knowledge about him other than what I've read here.

I have inside info, sounds like he's still all AU

He does not have a commitable offer from Bama and as things are now they have 2 or 3 LBs ahead of him on their board. The only thing that keeps him from not coming to AU is a Bama commitable offer and most reports are is that is not expected to come.

Guest jojo1515

So our defensive recruiting has dwindled to the point our top lb commit is someone that we are hoping bama isn't willing to take otherwise we would have no shot. Just sad on many levels

So our defensive recruiting has dwindled to the point our top lb commit is someone that we are hoping bama isn't willing to take otherwise we would have no shot. Just sad on many levels

Never said nor implied we would not have any shot. It would just be a heck of a fight to keep him. It's been that way for 3 or 4 months now so nothing new to this point.

Never said nor implied we would not have any shot. It would just be a heck of a fight to keep him. It's been that way for 3 or 4 months now so nothing new to this point.

"Nothing new" kind of means jojo1515's assessment of the situation is correct, right? Maybe change no shot into slim chance and he's nailed it?

McBryde is or top LB commit. Maybe not if you are using someone else's rankings. (247/Rivals) But IMHO RM would hurt more.

McBryde is or top LB commit. Maybe not if you are using someone else's rankings. (247/Rivals) But IMHO RM would hurt more.

Agreed and to elaborate McBoom is the top LB on our staff's board and I think that's what you were saying in your post friend.

JMO but makes no difference to me if bama makes an offer....it's not like that is some kind of a seal of approval.

Archived