2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know where his heart is at,but I was at the game and imo he would need to redshirt in order to be sec ready.looks good moves good and the game don't tell how dominant Miami were.They have a stud receiver that's committed to Miami PHILLIPS IS HIS LAST NAME. He is special. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Are you kidding? Glad to know you are a scout for Auburn.

• photo-thumb-50070.gif?_r=1380174913
  • Verified Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 330 posts

Posted Today, 08:38 PM

snapback.png2010primetime, on Today, 12:23 PM, said:

don't know where his heart is at,but I was at the game and imo he would need to redshirt in order to be sec ready.looks good moves good and the game don't tell how dominant Miami were.They have a stud receiver that's committed to Miami PHILLIPS IS HIS LAST NAME. He is special. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Are you kidding? Glad to know you are a scout for Auburn.

An Auburn Man Needs No Introduction.

for some reason I can't get the "quote function" to work...anyway, no he wasn't kidding,Williams is a long way from being an SEC linebacker

You are right. The Phillips kid is special. He is a real game changing receiver.

t looks like UAT is really working hard to get Darrell to flip his commitment from Auburn to them. He had a lot of good things to say about UAT.

t looks like UAT is really working hard to get Darrell to flip his commitment from Auburn to them. He had a lot of good things to say about UAT.

He grew up a UAT fan. This could be interesting. Hopefully we are still working hard on Holland.

I don't think they are doing anything except trying to keep him mildly interested in case someone else falls through for them. If they really wanted him he'd have a commitable offer from them, which those who know such things say he does not have.

He grew up a UAT fan. This could be interesting. Hopefully we are still working hard on Holland.

I'm starting to think we are losing ground on Holland. He recently said his best relationships are with the Florida and UCLA staffs.

I'm starting to think we are losing ground on Holland. He recently said his best relationships are with the Florida and UCLA staffs.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. AU is still very much in the picture with Holland. Still UF vs AU IMO.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. AU is still very much in the picture with Holland. Still UF vs AU IMO.

Good, cause I think we could really use Holland along with Williams.

I don't think they are doing anything except trying to keep him mildly interested in case someone else falls through for them. If they really wanted him he'd have a commitable offer from them, which those who know such things say he does not have.

Incredible that these kids today are so gullible when it comes to bama. He doesn't even have an offer from them, but has one from AU and is currently committed, but yet contemplating because they are showing interest. Be glad when Gus tell these types of recruits; u either ride with us or collide with us, it's as simple as that!

Incredible that these kids today are so gullible when it comes to bama. He doesn't even have an offer from them, but has one from AU and is currently committed, but yet contemplating because they are showing interest. Be glad when Gus tell these types of recruits; u either ride with us or collide with us, it's as simple as that!

Remember Gus is the coach that has no problem with kids visiting other schools even after they have committed to us. So unless the player has been playing games with us I doubt Gus will do the ultimatum. He wants players who are sure they want us so he allows them the freedom to choose. We may lose a few that way but we get the ones we want who really want us that builds great team chemistry which can't be over rated.

No disrespect intended, but I'm sick of this line of thinking. By setting ultimatums, we can determine whether they really want to be here or not. It doesn't have to be, "no more visits once you commit," but it could be, at least, call us before you agree to visit. That would allow the coaches to assess the mindset of a prospect, and how to proceed. We don't have to be the nicest guy on the block to get top notch recruits. We need a killer instinct with regards to recruiting! Gus has got it though. I'm on the bus bigger than sh@t!

No disrespect intended, but I'm sick of this line of thinking. By setting ultimatums, we can determine whether they really want to be here or not. It doesn't have to be, "no more visits once you commit," but it could be, at least, call us before you agree to visit. That would allow the coaches to assess the mindset of a prospect, and how to proceed. We don't have to be the nicest guy on the block to get top notch recruits. We need a killer instinct with regards to recruiting! Gus has got it though. I'm on the bus bigger than sh@t!

Whose to say that's not what our staff does? Remember we cut ties with Casher last year when he wanted to commit to AU a second time because he was still being too flirty w/ Bama.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw where he was in Updykeville yesterday with the other Hoover guys. Maybe he saw enough to not wanna go back. AU baby!

Nope.

Is that a nope that he is going to flip, or a nope being he's still being recruiting heavily and giving UAT attention?

Saw where he was in Updykeville yesterday with the other Hoover guys. Maybe he saw enough to not wanna go back. AU baby!

Nope.

That does not sound soo good.

Nope.

Is that a nope that he is going to flip, or a nope being he's still being recruiting heavily and giving UAT attention?

Nope.

I'd say Williams is on flip watch.

Nope.

Nope.

he has been on flip watch. I still don't think he will switch.

Nope.

Nope.

I have resisted thinking he might flip and I still hope he won't but I wish if he wasn't going to flip that he would not show them as much interest as he has.

Nope.

Nope.

I do.

If so, that's brutal. I'm not with Mikey on the number of LBs, but I completely agree on the huge priority for quality LBs. Losing Williams would hurt.

Archived