2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

If he doesn`t come to Auburn, I will be more surprised than I was with Evans. Just saying the momentum has definitely come back in our direction in a strong way. JMHO/

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta wonder what' going on with his recruitment...not much mention about him on the AU side.

Yes there is. All 3 AU pay sites had articles on him last night. Without divulging premium content, I will say things look good for AU right now and he is recruiting for AU.

If he doesn`t come to Auburn, I will be more surprised than I was with Evans. Just saying the momentum has definitely come back in our direction in a strong way. JMHO/

YUP!!!

I read a Tweet early this AM from someone that works for one the the big recruiting services that said that Williams was strong to AU right now. It is very good news. I think he will be a nice player for us.

Free blurb on the mom thing by AUC Link

Is Auburn impressing Darrell Williams' mother the most?

That's what the Top247 linebacker and Auburn commit told AuburnUndercover on Thursday night, also saying his pledge to the Tigers remained strong.

One of the reasons his commitment to Auburn remains firm is the relationship Williams' mother has with the Auburn staff. According to Williams, the Tigers' staff has treated his mother better than others, including rival Alabama, who is also recruiting Williams.

"That's a big thing," Williams said. "My mom takes that in. That's the reason why -- I grew up an Alabama fan and my family grew up Alabama fans, but that's what brought my mom to like Auburn more, because of how the coaches interact with her and how the wives interact with her. Alabama, she feels like they don't talk to her as much. That's bad for them. You are recruiting both people. At the end of the day, it's my decision, but I want my mom to feel comfortable. That's a big deal."

It was stated that Auburn was focusing on their own recruiting pitch and not bringing up Alabama or being negative toward them. I like that. Bring out the positives for your program and don't try to be negative to others.

It was stated that Auburn was focusing on their own recruiting pitch and not bringing up Alabama or being negative toward them. I like that. Bring out the positives for your program and don't try to be negative to others.

It was not specific to Bama. The staff does not do negative recruiting for any team.

It was not specific to Bama. The staff does not do negative recruiting for any team.

I know that and maybe I didn't say it right. I was just focusing on what Williams and his mother said. That was one thing that impressed them about Auburn.

I know that and maybe I didn't say it right. I was just focusing on what Williams and his mother said. That was one thing that impressed them about Auburn.

My bad. I was referring to something completely different that covered AU recruiting on a broader scale where AUC reported the staff does not negative recruit.

I read that UAT is putting a full court press on Darrell's mother into talking her son into flipping his commitment from us to them. I hope Darrell is a man of his word and sticks with his Auburn commitment.

If mom likes AUBURN then it is AUBURN.

Rashaad Evans's mom was all for AU.

His mom looked pretty pissed when he put that bama hat on. It looked like she was overruled by dad.

I read that UAT is putting a full court press on Darrell's mother into talking her son into flipping his commitment from us to them. I hope Darrell is a man of his word and sticks with his Auburn commitment.

It would be a good idea to not read Bama message boards. They can make a full court press later but as of now they have not.

Well her belief in her system of making Rashaan wait as long as possible to make a decision blew up in her face. If she had just let him publicly commit to AU after the Iron Bowl like he wanted to then he may be at the school now she wanted him to be.

His mom looked pretty pissed when he put that bama hat on. It looked like she was overruled by dad.

My point exactly. That old "what mama wants, mama gets" and its many variations are fun to say but they aren't necessarily true.

My point exactly. That old "what mama wants, mama gets" and its many variations are fun to say but they aren't necessarily true.

Yes but they are true many many more times than not.

I thought Williams didn't have a committable offer from Bama? How can he flip if he doesn't have a committable offer?

well I can only assume that he must have since they are evidently still pursuing him. If he doesn't he will have. The turds don't want him at AU.

I thought Williams didn't have a committable offer from Bama? How can he flip if he doesn't have a committable offer?

He doesn't. That was the point of my post at the top of this page.

well I can only assume that he must have since they are evidently still pursuing him. If he doesn't he will have. The turds don't want him at AU.

They have a few LBs higher on their board. You can pursue someone without them having a commitable offer.

They have a few LBs higher on their board. You can pursue someone without them having a commitable offer.

OK. I am not the most up to speed person on all of this. Learned a little something. I don't think I could stay sane trying to keep up with it like most of you guys do.

Archived