Pre-Season Bold Predictions

rbrigby

Can anyone find the preseason bold predictions thread now that the season is over? I would be curious to go back through everyones thoughts, including my own, to see how accurate we all were regarding this season and our team. Oh yeah, War Eegle everyone, IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mark My Word... Auburn upsets TaM

Mark My Word... Alabama after losing so much talent does a worse job of "reloading" and doesnt get their lucky break to get to the BCS championship game.

Mark My Word... Someone outside of the SEC brings home the last BCS Championship trophy. I hope i'm wrong but there you have it

Mark My Word: Auburn wins 10 games in the regular season and will play in a BCS bowl. We will end the 2013 season at 11-2 in coach Malzahn's 1st year.

Mark MY Word: Auburn beats Texas A&M

Mark My Word: Auburn beats Georgia

Mark My Word: Auburn is in top 3 in Offense and top 5 in Defense in SEC this year.

Mark My Word: Auburn beats LSU or Bama this year.

Mark My Word: SEC does not WIN National Championship this year.

Mark my words.

Our offense is going to be a force this year. Nick Marshall will remind a lot of AU fans of one of the current AU offensive coaches when he played for the Orange and Blue with his performances this year.

Our defensive corners will up the interception rate this year, Throwing against us will be more costly for the opposing teams.

Carl Lawson will be a force by the end of the year, as will Montravious Adams.

Our Running Backs will remind us of the Caddie Williams and Ronnie Brown days.

I thought this was for next year already. I was about to be racking my brain as to why we'd be doing this before even seeing our signing class or Spring practice. I said 8-4 regular season, win bowl game.

EDIT: I was 1 of 4. Close to 3 of 4. Ol Clowney never came close.

Mark My Words: Auburn will finish the season with at least 9 wins.

Mark My Words: Auburn defense will be in the top half of SEC rushing defense.

Mark My Words: Carolina will win the SEC.

Mark My Words: Clowney will lead the nation in sacks.

Mark MY Word: Steve Clark will WIN the Ray Guy Award (should have... he certainly earned in in the last 3 games)

Mark MY Word: Arkansas will have the worst record in the SEC (pretty much... Kentucky was slightly worse)

Mark MY Word: By the end of the season, everyone will be talking about how Lawson is better than Clowney (He didn't get that far, but I bet he will be as good as or better in the long run)

Mark MY Word: Prosch plays himself into a first round NFL pick (probably not, but he was the man)

I thought 6 wins would have been good for this team. Doubling the win total from last year would've been awesome in itself.

Anybody who says they thought this season was coming was throwing feces against the wall and hoping it stuck ;D

I predicted an 8-9 win season. ..hoping for 10. These kids and this staff did an amazing job this season.

Frankly.... 1 in a million.... just really had a good feeling after Coach Dye eerily cautioned everyone about 2012, but thought good was to come next (this) year.

Wishing... hoping... predicting

12-2 with a win over the tusca-bad-loosers... one regular season loss and another in a big bowl... just because don't feel this will be a really really big of year.

and

Verified Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1,020 posts

Wash St = W

Ark st = W

Miss St = W

LSU = L ? possible upset and we win

Ol Miss = W ?

W. Car = W

T A&M = W I think Manziel won't be playing

Fla. atl. = W

Ark = W ?

Tenn = W

Ga = W ?

Ala = L ?

10-2 is my prediction However there are 5 games that could go either way. Worst I believe is 7-5 best is 11-1. Almost impossible to go undefeated.

Who has a best as 11-1?

if you're gonna go that far go all in

I did...

My reasoning being a loss to LSU (in LSU) might reinvigorate this team... getting them to double down, instead of deflating or imploding. And schedule wise next up is a bye week before Old Miss, then W. Carolina, a possible Johnny less Texas A&M, and Florida Atlantic to build upon before getting back to 2 SEC road games (AR & TN)... then Georgia in Auburn.. and the final bye week before those Bad'loosers in Jordan-Hare.

((go ahead laugh if you care, but why bother to post crap on expectations thread))

Frankly.... 1 in a million.... just really had a good feeling after Coach Dye eerily cautioned everyone about 2012, but thought good was to come next (this) year.

12-2 with a win over the tusca-bad-loosers... one regular season loss and another in a big bowl... just because don't feel this will be a really really big of year.

and

Verified Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1,020 posts

Wash St = W

Ark st = W

Miss St = W

Ol Miss = W ?

W. Car = W

Fla. atl. = W

Ark = W ?

Tenn = W

Ga = W ?

Ala = L ?

10-2 is my prediction However there are 5 games that could go either way. Worst I believe is 7-5 best is 11-1. Almost impossible to go undefeated.

Who has a best as 11-1?

I did...

My reasoning being a loss to LSU (in LSU) might reinvigorate this team... getting them to double down, instead of deflating or imploding. And schedule wise next up is a bye week before Old Miss, then W. Carolina, a possible Johnny less Texas A&M, and Florida Atlantic to build upon before getting back to 2 SEC road games (AR & TN)... then Georgia in Auburn.. and the final bye week before those Bad'loosers in Jordan-Hare.

((go ahead laugh if you care, but why bother to post crap on expectations thread))

Wow. That's eerie.

Mine wasn't too far off :big::

cehuff21

Professor

Verified Member

PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

1,283 posts

0 warning points

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

-Harvey Updyke makes a celebrity appearance on the bammer campus then elected mayor of Tuscaloosa. (Money)

-Bammers caught trying to poison UGA the mascot. (It was the Tennessee rock and the graffiti at Auburn (Money)

-Bammer tries to create a Nick Marshall scandal just before the iron bowl and fail.

-Auburn Undefeated National Champions. (Almost)

-Nick Marshall wins the Heisman. (It was almost Tre)

-Gus Malzahn coach of the year. (Money)

-By order of the Tulscaloosa Mayor, Saban takes on new full time position as Mayoral Puppet. (Money)

and

Verified Member

1,020 posts

Wash St = W

Ark st = W

Miss St = W

Ol Miss = W ?

W. Car = W

Fla. atl. = W

Ark = W ?

Tenn = W

Ga = W ?

Ala = L ?

Who has a best as 11-1?

I did...

Holy cow.. good job man.

Can anyone find the preseason bold predictions thread now that the season is over? I would be curious to go back through everyones thoughts, including my own, to see how accurate we all were regarding this season and our team. Oh yeah, War Eegle everyone, IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

I was way off. I wasn't expecting nearly so good a season, yet.

But I was dead on about one thing: I did say I expected everyone involved with Auburn's program this year (2013) would be doing the very best they could, and that would be very pleasant after the previous two seasons.

As you have seen in some of the threads I was close but only because I was a coward and gave a range of possibilities. Next year I will act like the Auburn football team and be brave and make a one size fits all prediction.

I get how people laugh about outrageous predictions and call it blatant homerism and delusional optimism, but after this 2013 season, there will be the "Auburn" pick where someone predicts a team to recreate what AU did in 2013. No one will be laughing about that. Thank God for college football!

I thought we could pull a 2010 with Malzahn back. Didn't expect the rain in Louisiana nor the last second upset loss in Bowl.

Regardless I think you can all settle in and get used to (spoiled by) constant 10+ win seasons for a while. Just my 2 cents.

Archived