Predictions?

AubTiger14

And for what its worth (for the nay sayers) If RE plays football in the State of Alabama it will be at Auburn. Only thing that could distract him right now is that California beach. I think he wears O&B. I agree that RC is a longshot, but maybe not all that long. I have hard that he is not happy being lost in this class with so much fuss made about MB. He might flip even it is not us. JMHO

I would be happy with getting Clark ending up with us but I just don't see him being the type of player that would flip because he is being lost in the class. He may all of the sudden feel he is a better fit on the plains but he just doesn't seem to be the arrogant type that would flip because of something so petty.

:dunno: It's petty and arrogant to change your mind? :dunno:

Not at all, it happens all the time and I didn't accuse Clark of being either. Just stated that I don't believe he would flip because of him not getting the attention that Humphrey is getting. For those reasons I believe it would be petty, maybe not so much arrogant. Just my point of view. Bottom line, I hope he does have a change of heart and ends up with us.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for what its worth (for the nay sayers) If RE plays football in the State of Alabama it will be at Auburn. Only thing that could distract him right now is that California beach. I think he wears O&B. I agree that RC is a longshot, but maybe not all that long. I have hard that he is not happy being lost in this class with so much fuss made about MB. He might flip even it is not us. JMHO

I would be happy with getting Clark ending up with us but I just don't see him being the type of player that would flip because he is being lost in the class. He may all of the sudden feel he is a better fit on the plains but he just doesn't seem to be the arrogant type that would flip because of something so petty.

:dunno:/> It's petty and arrogant to change your mind? :dunno:/>

Not at all, it happens all the time and I didn't accuse Clark of being either. Just stated that I don't believe he would flip because of him not getting the attention that Humphrey is getting. For those reasons I believe it would be petty, maybe not so much arrogant. Just my point of view. Bottom line, I hope he does have a change of heart and ends up with us.

Will it help if i promise to streak through Haley if he doesn't sign with AU? That's how good I feel about it. Heck, I might do it either way.

Will it help if i promise to streak through Haley if he doesn't sign with AU? That's how good I feel about it. Heck, I might do it either way.

You talking about Ronnie Clark Dixie? As for streaking, I'll take your word on that and please don't post any pics of it.

Yeah, if you're gonna streak, give us a day and time so we can be well away from there!

Hypothetical scenario and what would you do.

We currently have 21 commits, be it verbal, EE’s, etc. Let’s say all of them stick with us and we are only bringing in 5 more, putting us at 26. The problem is, we have six that want to sign, those being Evans, Williams, Smith, Prince, Godchaux and out of the blue, Ronnie Clark wants to be an Auburn Tiger. What do you do.

Like I said, this is totally hypothetical but wanted to have some fun and see what others would do. This doesn't even mentioned the two that we may still have a slim chance with in Parker and Davidson.

I have all the women I need for life, a beautiful wife and an 11yo daughter who thinks she is 22. I'm all stocked up, but thanks!!

Now I can't speak for E, he might be open? Also, I have no musical talent at all and I have a full head of hair. I have lost some weight this year though. From January 2013 to January 2014.........(drum roll)........

55 pounds!!! :bananadance:

We currently have 21 commits, be it verbal, EE’s, etc. Let’s say all of them stick with us and we are only bringing in 5 more, putting us at 26. The problem is, we have six that want to sign, those being Evans, Williams, Smith, Prince, Godchaux and out of the blue, Ronnie Clark wants to be an Auburn Tiger. What do you do.

Like I said, this is totally hypothetical but wanted to have some fun and see what others would do. This doesn't even mentioned the two that we may still have a slim chance with in Parker and Davidson.

We have 28 slots available. Some say 31 but I'm firm with 28 until somebody shows me a very significant rule change. Either way, you're covered!

We have 28 slots available. Some say 31 but I'm firm with 28 until somebody shows me a very significant rule change. Either way, you're covered!

Way to mess up a good game Mikey. ;D . From what I gather in your post your saying if the right players say yes we may take the full 28 in the '14 class. Did I analyze that correctly?

Well, I'll bite on your hypothetical situation, even if we can sign more and so are covered. IF I had to pick 5 out of those 6 -- and they're all great players I'd love to have on the team -- I would leave out one of the two O-lineman. I think both Prince and Smith are awesome, and I want both to commit to the Tigers. But I do think defense should be the priority this year.

I have all the women I need for life, a beautiful wife and an 11yo daughter who thinks she is 22. I'm all stocked up, but thanks!!

Now I can't speak for E, he might be open? Also, I have no musical talent at all and I have a full head of hair. I have lost some weight this year though. From January 2013 to January 2014.........(drum roll)........

55 pounds!!! :bananadance:

Sounds like my daughter at that age. She is now 19 and is never wrong, at least if you ask her.

If we can slightly adjust the hypothetical to say, "We will take 5, and only 5 more players from ellitor's list here http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/136995-au-staffs-remaining-wants-for-2014-class/. Who would you take?", then I'd love to play.

1. Evans- Duh

2. Smith- We've had good luck with weight room warriors lately

3. Prince- Everybody has good luck with 5* OLs

4. Treon- Kind of a cop out pick because of his versatility

5. Williams- Seems like the coaches have been on this guy for awhile

If we can add 2 more for a full complement of 28, I'd go with Davidson (b/c some more knowledgeable AUFers seem to think he's better than Robinson) and Bonney (dual threat all-hair and all-name contender).

Well, I'll bite on your hypothetical situation, even if we can sign more and so are covered. IF I had to pick 5 out of those 6 -- and they're all great players I'd love to have on the team -- I would leave out one of the two O-lineman. I think both Prince and Smith are awesome, and I want both to commit to the Tigers. But I do think defense should be the priority this year.

Kind of what I was thinking also britt. Just not sure which one. Do you take the the 4* (per most sites) in Smith or the 5* (once again, per most sites) in Prince.

I guess the good thing is Mikey stating that we have 28 spots available would allow us to take all six and even add a few more. I know, wishful thinking but it would be nice.

Kind of what I was thinking also britt. Just not sure which one. Do you take the the 4* (per most sites) in Smith or the 5* (once again, per most sites) in Prince.

I guess the good thing is Mikey stating that we have 28 spots available would allow us to take all six and even add a few more. I know, wishful thinking but it would be nice.

One real plus with Smith is that he could play OG or OT ... but I'd hate to have to choose.

Drop the Clark part and add Bonney and you have a realistic partial hypothetical scenario although we can sign 28 not 26. All the guys you mentioned plus Bonney are definite takes right now.

You take all the stud signees you can get up to 28 and you let natural attrition work out the slot or 2 that may be a concern.

Like mikey keeps telling everybody ... We WILL lose a handful of guys between now and august for a variety of reasons (in addition to the guys that we've already lost prior to their scheduled senior years)

Remember guys while it is fun to talk about 5 star players and scoring big in the recruiting ranking, our coaches have other things to think about. A lot of time a team needs to build depth. Sometimes it is finding a three star player that is willing to sit the bench a year or two and grow and learn the system. Sometimes those five stars come in with all intentions of starting as freshmen and if they don't then they don't handle it well and transfer. We have 85%, or more, of the players that will see major playing time next year, already on the team. Lets say you bring in a five star OL right now, who are you going to put him above. We are two deep with 4 and 5 star players that have a couple o years at college , have matured ,gotten stronger and have at least a year learning Gus's system. A good example is bama's QB situation,good players have transferred and passed on being recruited by them because of depth so now they have no viable QB for this year. We have the talent now we are building for the future..We have a top ten class no matter what. Right now the coaches need players that fit the family. WDE

Remember guys while it is fun to talk about 5 star players and scoring big in the recruiting ranking, our coaches have other things to think about. A lot of time a team needs to build depth. Sometimes it is finding a three star player that is willing to sit the bench a year or two and grow and learn the system. Sometimes those five stars come in with all intentions of starting as freshmen and if they don't then they don't handle it well and transfer. We have 85%, or more, of the players that will see major playing time next year, already on the team. Lets say you bring in a five star OL right now, who are you going to put him above. We are two deep with 4 and 5 star players that have a couple o years at college , have matured ,gotten stronger and have at least a year learning Gus's system. A good example is bama's QB situation,good players have transferred and passed on being recruited by them because of depth so now they have no viable QB for this year. We have the talent now we are building for the future..We have a top ten class no matter what. Right now the coaches need players that fit the family. WDE

I like this^^^. Makes a lot of sense. Here's my prediction.... Rashaan Evans loves his OV this weekend. Decides he wants to be an Auburn Tiger and cancels his UOV to UCLA. He may still wait to make it official... but I'm thinking he won't make the trip to LA.

I like this^^^. Makes a lot of sense. Here's my prediction.... Rashaan Evans loves his OV this weekend. Decides he wants to be an Auburn Tiger and cancels his UOV to UCLA. He may still wait to make it official... but I'm thinking he won't make the trip to LA.

Understand he already had an OV to UCLA...if he goes again and pays his own way...that's a bad sign..IMO

Honestly, if those specific players all fell in line at once I would sign every one of them. I would concern myself with getting down to the 85 hard number between March - August.

Understand he already had an OV to UCLA...if he goes again and pays his own way...that's a bad sign..IMO

I would not say bad sign. I would say proof they are a legit contender.

Guys; use your imaginations. Let's say you had OV'd UCLA. While there you meet someone (not by accident I'm sure) that is knockdown gorgeous. And is very ummmmm...."giving", so to speak. Once you leave she keeps in touch. Then you get a chance to go see her again, what would YOU do?

I didn't pull this scenario from my rear end, FYI.

Guys; use your imaginations. Let's say you had OV'd UCLA. While there you meet someone (not by accident I'm sure) that is knockdown gorgeous. And is very ummmmm...."giving", so to speak. Once you leave she keeps in touch. Then you get a chance to go see her again, what would YOU do?

I didn't pull this scenario from my rear end, FYI.

Nice post, Dixie.

Whether or not that actually applies to any current recruits- it's truly none of my business- that's a great reminder that we fans too infrequently look at football players as human beings with lives outside of football.

Archived