Will our guys stay focused

hunter021003

I doubt we will see as much week-to-week improvement, because I think we will begin the season at a much higher level than we started in 2013. However, I think the guys will still have a bit of a chip on their shoulder. I can see Auburn as the really good Top 5 team that for some reason doesn't get much respect--and that is a great place to be for Auburn.

Team focus is something I do not anticipate as being much of a problem with this staff.

Me either. ..if anything, they'll be even more focused.

Team focus is something I do not anticipate as being much of a problem with this staff.

20/20

;)

20/20

;)

:bow:

Focus is always a problem. Saban and staff get the best players year in and out and even his teams struggle with focus at times. As for Auburn, I think losing the BCS game will help keep them focused next season. I think it will drive them even harder. Being so close then coming up short in the final seconds. It's something that will push those boys even harder when games get tough.

And the best part of this issue is we have a great leader at the top in CGM to help the team stay focused.

Oh focus for this next year will not be a problem. These players know what they went through in 2012 and what it took to get to where they are now. They came so close to the big enchilada. They want to erase the bitterness of that.

1) Gus is all about discipline and demanding perfection, especially on the O side of the ball. This won't change. He won't allow it.

2) Marshall is all about constructive citicism because he wants to be the best he can be, He will be DRIVEN and I suspect a more vocal leader this year.

3) Expectations in the S & C program won't change and I am sure all recruits know what will be expected if the sign with us.

4) The biggest challenge this year in my opinion will be who fills the vacant leadership spots Dee & Tre vacated. Both of these two were all about team mates, very humble and consistently DRIVEN. On D I see Lawson becoming a leader but don't know if it will happen this season or not. On O I see Nick stepping up but hope we get some solid senior leadership across the board.

5) We broke many trends in 2013 and a huge trend we must break this year is the loser of the NC returning the following season. Many teams (Oregon, ND, LSU, TX, OK, VT, etc) that have not gotten a wiff of the NC since losing their last shot.

War Eagle !

Is Gus a flash-in-the-pan high school coach with a s***ty staff? Has he run out of "trickery" to exploit? Will our "luck" run out? :dunno:

Seriously. Lack of focus is the last thing I would worry about with this team.

I could see us being even more focused this year than we were last year. getting so close to winning the national championship then letting it slip out of their hands makes them want it even more. one example is one of my good friends is a walk on who played all of 5 plays in one of our blowout wins got accepted to med school is trying to convince his dad to let him hold off med school so he can come back for his last year of eligibility. Before the NCG he had made his decision that he was going to med school but changed his mind because he wants it even more now

I think they will, in previous years I would've been skeptical, but I think this staff is going to keep

them in the right place mentally. I think as long as Gus gets a little more aggressive in the 3rd and 4th

quarters as far as play calling we'll be fine.

Focus is always a problem. Saban and staff get the best players year in and out and even his teams struggle with focus at times. As for Auburn, I think losing the BCS game will help keep them focused next season. I think it will drive them even harder. Being so close then coming up short in the final seconds. It's something that will push those boys even harder when games get tough.

And the best part of this issue is we have a great leader at the top in CGM to help the team stay focused.

I think we've got some good leadership in our players this year as well, something we didn't have going into the 13 season. I'm hoping Marshall, for one, will be a team leader in getting people pumoped and getting them out in the summer for 7 on 7s, etc.

I agree, I don't think focus will be a problem. I think our team learned what hard work will get them, go from being unranked to playing in the championship game.

I posted this topic to see if I was alone in my belief.

I agree, I don't think focus will be a problem. I think our team learned what hard work will get them, go from being unranked to playing in the championship game.

I posted this topic to see if I was alone in my belief.

With the leadership we have within the team and also the coaching staff I don't think focus will be a problem. Gus is so intense it carries over to the whole program.

1) Gus is all about discipline and demanding perfection, especially on the O side of the ball. This won't change. He won't allow it.

2) Marshall is all about constructive citicism because he wants to be the best he can be, He will be DRIVEN and I suspect a more vocal leader this year.

3) Expectations in the S & C program won't change and I am sure all recruits know what will be expected if the sign with us.

4) The biggest challenge this year in my opinion will be who fills the vacant leadership spots Dee & Tre vacated. Both of these two were all about team mates, very humble and consistently DRIVEN. On D I see Lawson becoming a leader but don't know if it will happen this season or not. On O I see Nick stepping up but hope we get some solid senior leadership across the board.

5) We broke many trends in 2013 and a huge trend we must break this year is the loser of the NC returning the following season. Many teams (Oregon, ND, LSU, TX, OK, VT, etc) that have not gotten a wiff of the NC since losing their last shot.

War Eagle !

:hellyeah:

With this staff its either stay focused in the classroom and on the field or get replaced by someone who is. They put the classroom first not wins and losses. I think it starts there

Another one to watch that will become a leader is Dhaquille Williams. He will be very vocal on the field.

Not even remotely worried about this team staying focused. When you have a team that came as far as AU did last year, returning as many starters as we will be returning, they are going to be super hungry and prove that last season was no fluke.

They know what it takes to get there now. They will be confident. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the country. They remember the pain of 3-9 and the ecstasy of winning the SEC and playing in the NC game. This team will be on fire in 2014, mark it down!

There will not be as much game to game improvement as last year, since they are going to be ready from day one. But make no mistake, they will improve each week and perfect their game.

With the way that this coaching staff rotates players, it will keep them fresh, stockpile experience, and create team unity. Work hard and you will play. Do what is asked of you and you will see the field. They are going to be once again, something special. That alone, will create motivation.

Coach Malzahn always focuses more on why they lost than he does on why they won. You can bet he and this coaching staff have a book of "lessons learned" from LSU and Florida State. They will have two practice cycles to work with an experienced team, unlike last year, when many of the pieces were missing until the late fall.

I look for the 2014 Auburn Tigers to be good, scarry good. The writers can pick who they want at the top, but I honestly believe that this team will be the best SEC team that we have seen in a while. Better than the 2004 team, better than the 2010 team, and better than the 2013 team. The defense will be better, the offense will be more balanced, and special teams is the only area where we will have some questions marks (in the kicking game).

I know one thing, if I were the competition, I would not look forward to playing the 2014 Auburn Tigers!!

WAR "DANG" EAGLE (to quote Mr. Cameron Newton). Our future looks like a super nova, it is shining so bright.

Not even remotely worried about this team staying focused. When you have a team that came as far as AU did last year, returning as many starters as we will be returning, they are going to be super hungry and prove that last season was no fluke.

They know what it takes to get there now. They will be confident. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the country. They remember the pain of 3-9 and the ecstasy of winning the SEC and playing in the NC game. This team will be on fire in 2014, mark it down!

There will not be as much game to game improvement as last year, since they are going to be ready from day one. But make no mistake, they will improve each week and perfect their game.

With the way that this coaching staff rotates players, it will keep them fresh, stockpile experience, and create team unity. Work hard and you will play. Do what is asked of you and you will see the field. They are going to be once again, something special. That alone, will create motivation.

Coach Malzahn always focuses more on why they lost than he does on why they won. You can bet he and this coaching staff have a book of "lessons learned" from LSU and Florida State. They will have two practice cycles to work with an experienced team, unlike last year, when many of the pieces were missing until the late fall.

I look for the 2014 Auburn Tigers to be good, scarry good. The writers can pick who they want at the top, but I honestly believe that this team will be the best SEC team that we have seen in a while. Better than the 2004 team, better than the 2010 team, and better than the 2013 team. The defense will be better, the offense will be more balanced, and special teams is the only area where we will have some questions marks (in the kicking game).

I know one thing, if I were the competition, I would not look forward to playing the 2014 Auburn Tigers!!

WAR "DANG" EAGLE (to quote Mr. Cameron Newton). Our future looks like a super nova, it is shining so bright.

Not sure whether you meant to suggest that next year's team will be the best of these overall, or that we'd be better than each of those teams in every facet. But I think a team with 2004's defense and last year's offense (with slight improvement on passing) would be unbeatable. Exceeding 2004 level defense is a big ask, IMO, for next year.

I agree with the general sentiment of your post, by the way. Did I say 'War Eagle!?!' War Eagle! War Eagle!

Not sure whether you meant to suggest that next year's team will be the best of these overall, or that we'd be better than each of those teams in every facet. But I think a team with 2004's defense and last year's offense (with slight improvement on passing) would be unbeatable. Exceeding 2004 level defense is a big ask, IMO, for next year.

I agree with the general sentiment of your post, by the way. Did I say 'War Eagle!?!' War Eagle! War Eagle!

If we has the 04 defense this past year we would have never thrown a pass this season lol

I mean overall, not specific to a particular part of the team. Do not think our defense will be as good as 2004, but offense overall will be more explosive. Our defense will be more of what we saw in the NCG.

Archived