2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

The whining by RE and his unhappy father is just too rich. At least no one poisoned their lawn. Maybe his dad can get a job in Tuscaloosa.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are still enjoying this or they would not be talking to the media. it is interesting about the business being totally shutdown 2days after signing day.

1743726_599286810156459_895838824_n.jpg

What did Auburn do that we treated him like Satan?

I see Rashaan is well versed in the use of rhetoric. A whole city is treating you like you are satan? #really? Bull****.

Rhetoric is the study and practice of communication that persuades, informs, inspires, or entertains target audiences in order to change or reinforce beliefs, values, habits or actions.

The interesting part of this he says "all I did". Most of the people who are upset realize this isn't all he did. If he'd handled it like many of the other recruits then there would have been considerably less negativity focused on he and his family.

I actually went to high school with Alan Evans. Pretty Ironic. I bet if he new how good Bo Jackson was going to be, he would have signed elsewhere. I don't know exactly why RE signed with Bama and not Auburn but 18 year old kids change their mind all the time. What if the situation was reversed? How would you guys look at it? No doubt the Cade Foster death threats make the Bama fan base look bad but this situation with Evans and his family looks bad for Auburn no matter how you cut it. The rivalry between the two schools has really gotten out of hand but I guess it is a product of society.

Closing down and emptying out a store in 48 hours is interesting. Who bought the inventory, who paid for the moving, who paid off the lease, where did the movers come from that did the moving?

New jobs in Birmingham or Tuscaloosa coming soon?

Bottom line is that AU and the AU family did everything we could to show Evans that we wanted him to play for us. He gave AU the finger, and I have no problem people giving him the finger in return. If I was reading about people attacking the family or something like that then I would say people need to calm down. But from what I have read all he is getting is a few bad comments and some cold shoulders. You mean a bama players aren't treated like Kings in Auburn? You must be kidding!! Evans asked for this kind of treatment with the way he handled his recruitment. Create drama and you get drama. Good life lesson for him in my opinion. Can't wait for the AL.com story about the Evans family moving out of AU cause that means this story will have run its course. Then all the bama fans can't point at the AU fans and say "how could you do this" and all the AU fans can roll their eyes and move on.

and still not give a rats arse what a bammer thinks.

If I lived closer I'd help them pack.

HOWEVER, they don't want the "drama", but yet he keeps sending out tweets that perpetuate the drama. Imagine that?

Wake me up when his actions match his words.

Hasn't happened yet.

E'Town4Bama

This rivalry got out of hand when Mr. Updyke destroyed a piece of our traditions and went to defcon 5 when 50% of your fanbase basked in the glory of their death. The Evans deal is just the tip of a growing mountain of childish behavior by the turd town trash who have no life outside of spuat football. FYI! Alan Evans played this out perfectly and his kid went along for the ride. The store closing down is just an excuse for this drama jam of a duo who knew months ago that the store was closing.

I found out last night that the store was in process of shutting down as part of a transformation into a thrift/local indoor flea market of sorts. The fact that the Evans crew used it as scapegoat to bash this community shows their true motivations....and the motivations of the spuat media/fans.

Rashaan was never coming to AU. His dad is using his son to smear the school he wants revenge against. Rashaan is a victim of probably years of being told how AU wronged his dad. Just speculation, but probably not that far off.

Rashaan was never coming to AU. His dad is using his son to smear the school he wants revenge against. Rashaan is a victim of probably years of being told how AU wronged his dad. Just speculation, but probably not that far off.

Weegs,

I don't see how that can be plausible. The kid grew up an Auburn fan and both of his parents earned their degrees from the University.

Weegs,

I don't see how that can be plausible. The kid grew up an Auburn fan and both of his parents earned their degrees from the University.

Then why go to your most hated rival?

Weegs,

It probably isn't. Just speculation.

Rashaan tells coaches/recruits he's coming to AU

Rashaan shocks everyone and goes to Bama

The Evans start shutting their store down just after NSD

Some have said Alex Evans has been talking about a "move" to Tuscaloosa at school

AU fans start burning thru the message boards about his business closing all of a sudden

Bama media starts the "spin" that the Evans are essentially being run out of AU, and how they are being mistreated...

Hmmmm.....just sounds like they are laying the "groundwork" for a move to TTown using the "we are being run out of town and just can't live here" spin so when they DO move it doesn't look fishy. That's just how it looks to me.

E'Town4Bama

This rivalry got out of hand when Mr. Updyke destroyed a piece of our traditions and went to defcon 5 when 50% of your fanbase basked in the glory of their death. The Evans deal is just the tip of a growing mountain of childish behavior by the turd town trash who have no life outside of spuat football. FYI! Alan Evans played this out perfectly and his kid went along for the ride. The store closing down is just an excuse for this drama jam of a duo who knew months ago that the store was closing.

I found out last night that the store was in process of shutting down as part of a transformation into a thrift/local indoor flea market of sorts. The fact that the Evans crew used it as scapegoat to bash this community shows their true motivations....and the motivations of the spuat media/fans.

I don't know about 50% but you are entitled to an opinion. I know you didn't do a poll on every Bama fan so I can't take that seriously. It was a very stupid thing Updyke done but he acted on his own. Like I said, I don't know exactly what the Evans situation is and you probably don't either and it is a shame it turned out the way it did. I wish the kid would have signed with Auburn so we wouldn't have to be discussing this. FYI, Bama and Auburn have very shady people in powerful positions and that is part of the problem with this rivalry but I guess if they die off their will people to replace them. I think most of us take a lot of this rivalry too serious.

Weegs,

Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Alan Evans transfered to Chattanooga when he found out Bo was a superstar. Did he get a degree from Auburn or Chattanooga?

WE GOT PLAYED, plain and simple. The pattern is there for everyone to see, how many times does some people have to get hit over the head to notice. Saban and UAT has made it a mission to pull this crap every year and it will happen again next year. I hope CGM has seen the light and will be very careful next year and steer clear of this crap.

http://www.tuscaloos.../NEWS/140209655

A must read, it is a interview with Alan Evans from Bammer media.

Sorry but Alan is a douche bag, RE could have picked any school in D1 ( 100+ ) bammer should not have been on his list.

The article actually made a lot of sense even though you probably don't agree. If he would have went to UCLA, this wouldn't have been an issue but since it is Bama, it became an issue. Funny how things work out?

TIFWIW...i work with a guy that is REC member, and he said that K. Smart knew for 2 weeks before NSD that RE was going to Bama. The REC has a meeting/event after signing day and this was told during that meeting. Again just passing this along and it seems as though we did get played. Nonetheless, WDE!

TIFWIW...i work with a guy that is REC member, and he said that K. Smart knew for 2 weeks before NSD that RE was going to Bama. The REC has a meeting/event after signing day and this was told during that meeting. Again just passing this along and it seems as though we did get played. Nonetheless, WDE!

That is what I will do. TIFWIW..........

snapback.pngTiger4life25, on Today, 10:12 AM, said:

Sorry but Alan is a douche bag, RE could have picked any school in D1 ( 100+ ) bammer should not have been on his list.

The article actually made a lot of sense even though you probably don't agree. If he would have went to UCLA, this wouldn't have been an issue but since it is Bama, it became an issue. Funny how things work out?

"You pay for this but they give you that" Neil Young

No the funny thing is you being on here and replying to some one that could care less about your dumb @$$. I bet if you ran into Updyke at a UAT game you would be one of the ones to run over there and throw your arm around him and get a picture.

I miss the Auburn Eagle days! Turds were flushed back in the day

According to the article, Rashaan and Alan Evans were concerned about being 3rd in line for the "star" position, but he's OK with being one of 15 linebackers at Bama. Yeah...right.

snapback.pngTiger4life25, on Today, 10:12 AM, said:

"You pay for this but they give you that" Neil Young

No the funny thing is you being on here and replying to some one that could care less about your dumb @$$. I bet if you ran into Updyke at a UAT game you would be one of the ones to run over there and throw your arm around him and get a picture.

I miss the Auburn Eagle days! Turds were flushed back I the day

Don't be so negative man. Life is too short for that. I think if RE was a die hard AU fan, he would be there. Bama's style of defense suited him better and he went that way. As far as Updyke goes, I feel the same way about him as you do. He is a POS.

Archived