2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

my only concern is that this is two years in a row that we have let a turd spend substantial time deep in our athletic program. kind of disturbing to me. otherwise, good riddance. WDE!!!!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe for a minute RE was serious about AU. He wanted to be a pass-rushing OLB. That position does not exist in a 4-3 or 4-2--its role is filled by the DEs. Furthermore, we were promoting RE as a Star, not a Will OLB. I think that was our mistake. We should have said we wanted to put him at Star to get him playing early, as as S&C bulked him up, move him over to Will like we did with Justin Garrett. We should have also said if he bulked up to 240 lbs we would probably move him to DE to be the next Dee Ford. Given our success at recruiting DEs, that might be a hard sell.

I do not know what Bama told him. Bama was specifically recruiting him to the Sam position, not the Jack. In Bama's simplified Pro 3-4, Sam is a cover first LB (very similar to our Star), and Jack is a dedicated pass rusher. I can only assume Bama told RE if he bulked up he would transition to Jack.

Regardless, CEJ's 4-2 is a hard sell for OLBs, and a much better sell for ILBs. Because we have dedicated four man DL with DEs, and a dedicated hybrid Star to help with pass coverage, there is a real opportunity for ILB prospects to shine in the 4-2.

The other wild card factors were the desire to get away from home, and the chip Alan Evans still has on his shoulder due to his experience at AU. I for one am tired of the false narrative that Alan Evans was an all-world prospect and Bo Jackson was an unknown. Bo was an extremely visible recruit because of his success in baseball and track, in addition to football. What made Bo a question mark is he was sitting on an baseball contract from the NY Yankees. There were many a college coach who feared they would burn an offer if Bo went to the minors instead of to college. The other thing is, AU ran a wishbone with 3 RBs in the backfield. Alan didn't lose to Bo, he lost to Lionel James, Tim Jessie, Collis Campbell, Brent Fullwood, the late Greg Pratt, and Tommie Agee. That said, if he had stayed at AU, the transition to the I-formation in 1985 would have resulted in a big loss in playing time, so transferring probably was best for Alan.

LMAO! That's it? That's the lying to them and embarrassing them article?! Smh

You can shake your head until your ears fall off. The point remains that they were encouraged to leave school and attend a carefully orchestrated fiasco that was intended to embarrass the school those two signed with. It was supposed to be a private announcement. The AHS student body was not admitted. Why were two Opelika kids admitted if not to add to their embarrassment?

Here is that story in the OA News people are talking about. Nothing really damning in here to me. I will always wonder why two kids from Opelika choose to come to RE's announcement. Opelika and AHA kids don't normally like each other.

the talk of opelika and auburn players not liking each other is not true. in the past you'd have some thugs in the stands causing issues but a lot of the players not only know each other personally but also are related.

http://www.oanow.com...17a43b2370.html

the talk of opelika and auburn players not liking each other is not true. in the past you'd have some thugs in the stands causing issues but a lot of the players not only know each other personally but also are related.

i dont understand why people thought Evans owed it to them to sign with us just because they thought he was. I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of recruits change their minds even right before signing. He has that right.

You can shake your head until your ears fall off. The point remains that they were encouraged to leave school and attend a carefully orchestrated fiasco that was intended to embarrass the school those two signed with. It was supposed to be a private announcement. The AHS student body was not admitted. Why were two Opelika kids admitted if not to add to their embarrassment?

They could legitimately be friends and he could have asked them to come. Sure he had a close relationship with the guys. And there were some people from AHS permitted probably his closest friends.

Contrary to this board people generally don't hate other guys just because they are from other schools.....

And all this embarrassment talk is just from old men on message boards talking because for whatever reasons the hate runs deep. Embarrassed how? Why would they be embarrassed? Were they promised something and then didn't get it? Were they exploited on the news? How was the announcement even embarrassing to us? We simply didn't get a recruit. He had to pick one or the other. Roberts signing with us wasn't embarrassing.

Everybody doing all of this talk when it was simply he likes playing with his hand in the dirt more than covering. That's it. No big deal. Once we have some marquee names from the linebacker spot it will be easier securing linebackers. No big deal

To play with his hand in the dirt in bamas system is at the jack position and he's about 40 - 50 lbs short physically of being the size player saban has typically had playing that position in the past. I will be somewhat surprised if he plays much at all for a few years.

I agree blue. I think Moseley was pretty slim when he was a linebacker (I know it's a different position though) But different body types gain weight and keep athleticism different. I remember that d end for south c opposite of Clowney freshman season he was a bean pole out of high school. Maybe 210? Think his name was Taylor. He left like 260. Of course he was 6'7" as well though....

Probably everybody that's checking it out. 88 pages quite a few then you have the people who feel they can come and tell other people what to do lol

88 pages of who gives a crap about a turd player.

That's your third post here recently trying to tell people to stop posting about RE. You do know you have ZERO influence on getting people to stop talking about RE? People will stop talking about him when they are ready to. You might as well stop wasting your time and just not click on this thread.

88 pages of who gives a crap about a turd player.

That's your third post here recently trying to tell people to stop posting about RE. You do know you have ZERO influence on getting people to stop talking about RE? People will stop talking about him when they are ready to. You might as well stop wasting your time and just not click on this thread.

So stop trying to hall monitor me. If you don't like my posts, don't respond to them. It works both ways.

My question is, if we get this thread to 200 pages, does that mean he will unsign with Bama and flip back?

If he does that then Alan will have to re-stock his emptied store in Auburn. I doubt that the bamzos that bought him out and trucked those goods away Friday would be amused.

My question is, if we get this thread to 200 pages, does that mean he will unsign with Bama and flip back?

By the time we get to 200 it may be time for him to transfer.....

LOL Evans is upset at how no one treats him the same after his Bama commitment, as if he and his family did not expect it.

This was sent to me from a friend in Birmingham.

"Rashaan Evans, five-star linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., believes he made the right decision for his future when he signed with Alabama on Wednesday.

There are plenty of people who support Evans regardless of his decision, but every fan base has a few immature individuals who take the decision of a high school stranger too personal. Those fans vent frustration on message boards and or social media.

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

Evans has another fan base eager for the nation's top linebacker to arrive in Tuscaloosa.

"The support from Alabama fans has been by far the greatest," he said. "They have made me feel a lot better about my decision. They are doing nothing but showing me love. They make me see I have people who are always going to have my back.

"Kirby [smart] always sends me an inspirational texts. He tells me not to worry what people are saying. He said to make sure once I get there just get ready for work.

"Auburn fans are saying I am going to ride the bench, and I am going to be like Reuben Foster. People are adding his family and how they are low-lifes. They talk about his mom. You wouldn't think some of them are human. I knew it was going to be horrible. You know it's out of hand when people come up to you saying stuff. People you don't know. People who are grown men."

This was sent to me from a friend in Birmingham.

"Rashaan Evans, five-star linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., believes he made the right decision for his future when he signed with Alabama on Wednesday.

There are plenty of people who support Evans regardless of his decision, but every fan base has a few immature individuals who take the decision of a high school stranger too personal. Those fans vent frustration on message boards and or social media.

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

Evans has another fan base eager for the nation's top linebacker to arrive in Tuscaloosa.

"The support from Alabama fans has been by far the greatest," he said. "They have made me feel a lot better about my decision. They are doing nothing but showing me love. They make me see I have people who are always going to have my back.

"Kirby [smart] always sends me an inspirational texts. He tells me not to worry what people are saying. He said to make sure once I get there just get ready for work.

"Auburn fans are saying I am going to ride the bench, and I am going to be like Reuben Foster. People are adding his family and how they are low-lifes. They talk about his mom. You wouldn't think some of them are human. I knew it was going to be horrible. You know it's out of hand when people come up to you saying stuff. People you don't know. People who are grown men."

Welcome to the real world kid. The funny thing is what he said about the turd fanbase. He is absolutely delusional. :laugh:

If he wants this stuff to calm down he'd shut his mouth and let it cool down. Instead he's fanning the flames.

I saw all of the tweets and seriously what did he expect. People not to voice their opinion? He needs to let this die down. And the article he talks about is a sham. Just go sit on the bench, your family will be fine, and try to make it to the iron bowl. Trust us, you are not the only one with motivation for it.

Archived