2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I can no longer keep silent. Mr. Evans is not doing his son nor his business any favors by continuing his pathetic need for media attention. He started this ridiculous amount of publicity and he keeps fueling the fire. I am glad our recruits AND their parents didn't parade around like this man has over the past month. Give it a rest already. Now, should our small faction of crazy fans back off??? H*** yes!!!!! It is embarrassing if any of this garbage is true; however, Mr. Evans could stop this very quickly by doing one simple thing........close his mouth! That is all.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIFWIW...i work with a guy that is REC member, and he said that K. Smart knew for 2 weeks before NSD that RE was going to Bama. The REC has a meeting/event after signing day and this was told during that meeting. Again just passing this along and it seems as though we did get played. Nonetheless, WDE!

A Facebook friend/business associate of mine who is in the insurance industry is a member of the Red Elephant Club and goes to all of their stuff. He posted a bunch of pictures on NSD from the REC event with the coaches.....and he also posted as his status...."Rashaan Evans was Bama's all along, don't get too upset Aubies. You didn't get dumped before the prom, you never had a date to begin with"

snapback.pngTiger4life25, on Today, 10:29 AM, said:

snapback.pngTiger4life25, on Today, 10:12 AM, said:

http://www.tuscaloos.../NEWS/140209655

A must read, it is a interview with Alan Evans from Bammer media.

Sorry but Alan is a douche bag, RE could have picked any school in D1 ( 100+ ) bammer should not have been on his list.

The article actually made a lot of sense even though you probably don't agree. If he would have went to UCLA, this wouldn't have been an issue but since it is Bama, it became an issue. Funny how things work out?

"You pay for this but they give you that" Neil Young No the funny thing is you being on here and replying to some one that could care less about your dumb @$$. I bet if you ran into Updyke at a UAT game you would be one of the ones to run over there and throw your arm around him and get a picture.

I miss the Auburn Eagle days! Turds were flushed back I the day

Don't be so negative man. Life is too short for that. I think if RE was a die hard AU fan, he would be there. Bama's style of defense suited him better and he went that way. As far as Updyke goes, I feel the same way about him as you do. He is a POS.

"You pay for this but they give you that" Neil Young

I am not negative, I just expect to come to an Auburn board and discuss with and read posts from Auburn Family that is all. If I wanted to talk to a bammer I would go to al.com.

I guess I'm one if the few that never felt good about him committing to Auburn. It seems the circus atmosphere tends to lend itself more to UAT. That being said they need him more than we do. They have to figure out a way to slow down our offense. They're going to need everyone they can get. I decided three years ago that the only 18 year old that affects my life would be my son. I am happy with every signee AU got. They WANT to be at Auburn and that is enough for me.

According to the article, Rashaan and Alan Evans were concerned about being 3rd in line for the "star" position, but he's OK with being one of 15 linebackers at Bama. Yeah...right.

Exactly Randy. Among the long list of things that aren't right.

Guess what.. Auburn University's football team brings tens of millions of dollars to the city of Auburn every year. The better the football team does, the better local businesses do.. If your kid is a top 10 prospect that has been given all the support in the world from the city and then chooses to go to your biggest, most hated rival instead.. it stands to reason that people, especially other local business owners, may not be happy with that decision. Not to mention the blatant lying to our coaches and building up our fan base just to throw it in their face later. If you act like a jerk, you're not allowed to cry when people tell you you're a jerk... and Alan Evans can take his unending butthurt business to Turdscaloosa

Posted by an AU student:

Name Withheld · Auburn University

I'm a student at Auburn, and Evans was riding up and down New Row this past Saturday night yelling "Roll Tide Roll" at all the frat houses. I promise you all that he is the furthest thing from the "victim" in this situation.

Reply · 36 · Like · Follow Post · about an hour ago

Yep, he is definitely a turd.

AE = Peaches 2.0. RE will have a troubled career if one ever starts.

I guess if he would have signed with AU or any other school, he would have a great career...............

No, if this kid is actually cruising Auburn streets yelling RTR, his character will probably keep him from being successful no matter who he signed with. I hope he doesn't end up on the ever-increasing list of kids that waste God-given talent because they can't/won't grow up.

Posted by an AU student:

Name Withheld · Auburn University

I'm a student at Auburn, and Evans was riding up and down New Row this past Saturday night yelling "Roll Tide Roll" at all the frat houses. I promise you all that he is the furthest thing from the "victim" in this situation.

Reply · 36 · Like · Follow Post · about an hour ago

Yep, he is definitely a turd.

Does anyone know of any Auburn grads that have opened a store in turdville, and how they are treated? For Mr. Evans to come out and blame the people of Auburn/Opelika for his business not going well without any proof to back it up, that's pretty shameful.

Alan Evans cant be as stupid as he sounds. In that Tuscaloosa News article he said that Kirby told them they needed a high motor guy to play stand up end and rush the passer on 3rd downs when they switched to a 4 -2 -5 and Auburn only wanted him to play the star position and rush the passer only in certain situations. Uh, best i can tell, bama intends to use him the exact same way Auburn was planning to use him. Man, the dancing that's going on is unbelievable for anyone paying attention to this clown.

Did you notice in the article that they (Allen) called Kirby to tell him it was almost for certain he was going to turdville but did not call any Auburn coach because it as still up in the air :dunno:. This dude is talking out his arse, this family excluding maybe the mother played it just the way Saban laid it out. This was no doubt staged!

Can we PLEASE stop talking about this BAMMER recruit? As long as we continue to give him and his father this attention, they thrive and the saga and the DRAMA goes on and on and on. THE BEST THING WE CAN DO IS LET IT BE JUST AS OUR COACHES HAVE!

AE = Peaches 2.0. RE will have a troubled career if one ever starts.

I guess if he would have signed with AU or any other school, he would have a great career...............

You missed the point. Not surprising though.

The point is that when you have a deceptive parent involved, the kid suffers in the long run. AE and RE appear to be no different. If there is evidence of this $$$ issue, you can bet that it'll find it's ownership in turdville.

E'Town4Bama.....like most bammers you don't seem to have the reasoning function in your brain. If you did, you would surely know that this thread is not the time or place to try to defend RE or his Dad. So as nice as I can be, let me suggest you stfu and go away.

If he would have went to UCLA, this wouldn't have been an issue but since it is Bama, it became an issue. Funny how things work out?

Oh, you mean like say, Turd signee Ronnie Clark is getting bashed by Auburn folk? Oh wait, Clark isn't getting bashed....

Are you really so STUPID that you can't understand the problem here is not that he signed with bammer? The problem is the lying and attention whoring the Evans outfit did during the final weeks of his recruitment. Now they are continuing it with all the "po lil' ol' me" whining to the media. I'm glad he signed with the Tuskaloser bunch, the Evans crew will be a great fit over there.

Like somebody else said, somebody (likely a bammer) bought the store out so that's closed. I'll help them pack if it will speed that group on their way to West Vance.

is there anyplace on this frickin planet that one can go to get away from bamr trolls? I swear, they have a way of injecting their unwanted defenses of their beloved tahd everywhere I look.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Rashaan Evans crap.

I'm more concerned about the other half-dozen 5*'s and dozen 4*'s uat hauled in. By all accounts, that's damn monster class.:puke:

Smart did such a great job recruiting Evans he got a promotion out of coaching the linebackers. Steele will now be Evan's coach. Wonder if he will use him the same way Smart promised him?

is there anyplace on this frickin planet that one can go to get away from bamr trolls? I swear, they have a way of injecting their unwanted defenses of their beloved tahd everywhere I look.

well it seems this sure is not the place, AUFAMILY or is it UAFAMILY, its getting real hard to tell. And you can bet there is more on here than this moron and reporting everything posted.

well it seems this sure is not the place, AUFAMILY or is it UAFAMILY, its getting real hard to tell. And you can bet there is more on here than this moron and reporting everything posted.

That is exactly his interview process. He picks who he wants and tells them what they want to hear. There is no doubt that the uat staff does its homework and knows what the kids want to hear.

Archived