2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Seems to me that this is playing out EXACTLY the way bama wants it to. They got the signature of the player who had made it abundantly clear to everyone who follows recruiting that he was going to Auburn, making the big splash and costing us a much needed body. Now they are going out of their way to find and/or fabricate every crazy AU fan they can, in order to vilify our fan base and take the spotlight off of their oversize group of loonies.

The best thing for AU is to put this mess behind us and stop publicly communicating with Evans or his family.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that this is playing out EXACTLY the way bama wants it to. They got the signature of the player who had made it abundantly clear to everyone who follows recruiting that he was going to Auburn, making the big splash and costing us a much needed body. Now they are going out of their way to find and/or fabricate every crazy AU fan they can, in order to vilify our fan base and take the spotlight off of their oversize group of loonies.

The best thing for AU is to put this mess behind us and stop publicly communicating with Evans or his family.

That's exactly what is happening. It's a media war to tear apart the family atmosphere we all love. These bammer media people aren't stupid.

I honestly am increasingly doubting his ability to be a successful college player. No coach wants to deal with a player who is in love with the media, and Nicky will have enough trouble keeping a muzzle on Kiffin. My real question is if he washes out will he be one of those players who starts slinging accusation of impropriety a few years later to try and stay famous.

I am becoming highly embarrassed by our fan base. I thought we were better than this but apparently not. Are we upset with how and why he chose bama... sure we are. But that is no excuse for the actions as Evans has mentioned. After doing just a little internet searching on the subject on some various social media sites it looks bad. Grown men and women treating Evans and his family like he has committed a crime. I am ashamed at this time of our AU family.

Auburn isn't above or better than any other fanbase, to think otherwise is just silly. Fan = Fanatics and every fanbase has its crazy/immature/ridiculous fringe that spew crap on social media and the internet. Embarrassing indeed.

But when you sit back and realize that kids in their pre-teens & tweens have smart phones glued to their palms then you understand just exactly what we're dealing with and it's all juvenile.

We have always claimed to be the very best fans in the world. We were always above acting like the other low life fans in the state and the SEC. We have disproved that theory in the last few days. The few that are spewing all the hate are far louder than the many good Auburn fans that are just ready to move on.

Auburn fans are by far superior to most, and it shows on game day and the opposing fans reactions/write ups following their experiences. In the new age of faceless posts and hidden agendas no one can say for certain if it's Auburn fans or a mix of upset Auburn fans and a bunch of low life turds who pose as Auburn fans to increase demand for destructive language. Auburn proves itself more often than not and I believe we set a pretty high standard for how we treat others. Bammers see it through dark pink glasses and therefore do what they can to create a more dramatic environment.

Just a thouht, but since his dad either has or is selling his business, he could always FREAKING LEAVE Auburn, but thats just a thought.

Just a thouht, but since his dad either has or is selling his business, he could always FREAKING LEAVE Auburn, but thats just a thought.

Sounds like they are going to have to. I mean he is losing money. They can't find any food to eat. Those poor people. Maybe after a couple of AHS cheerleaders get together and beat up Rashaan, they will get the message.

Sounds like they are going to have to. I mean he is losing money. They can't find any food to eat. Those poor people. Maybe after a couple of AHS cheerleaders get together and beat up Rashaan, they will get the message.

:bow:

:bow:

Lol thats hilarious.

How much you guys want to bet his store goes " out of business" soon because mean ole Auburn fans are boycotting him?

Propaganda at it's finest.

I thought he already closed up his shop. Unless that was based on unfounded rumor.

The store, located on hwy 14 in Auburn, was closed, padlocked and the shelves were cleaned out as of 2 PM Friday, about 52 hours after Rashaan held his press conference.

Either that was the most effective boycott in history or plans to shut the place had been made well in advance of signing day. Assume what you will.

PS: There is no LINK! A good friend of mine, a professor at AU stopped by there on his way home early Friday afternoon and noted the last loaded truck pulling out.

I honestly am increasingly doubting his ability to be a successful college player. No coach wants to deal with a player who is in love with the media, and Nicky will have enough trouble keeping a muzzle on Kiffin. My real question is if he washes out will he be one of those players who starts slinging accusation of impropriety a few years later to try and stay famous.

I can see his dad doing this.

My question is, if we get this thread to 200 pages, does that mean he will unsign with Bama and flip back?

By the time we get to 200 it may be time for him to transfer.....

...Challenge Accepted.

Laying the groundwork so when a move is made it doesn't look "weird"...it will look like "we just could not stay in AU with everyone harrassing us".

Seriously, I don't appreciate the lopsided articles by Bleacher Report, al.com, and Collegefootballtalk.com. We are getting trashed by RE and AE once again. Of course nothing in the articles mentioned the details of why the fan base is upset such as the understanding that RE told the coaches and two Opelika commits that he was in. Or the mess the last weekend . Or the fact that no one was upset with R Clark because it was more about the way the Evans son and dad played with AU coaches. But I'm really p'od that none of this is mentioned. And obviously the Evans boys are circulating this to the media to further trounce on AU. They need to go away and I wish Rob Pate would pen a thoughtful article on why the AU base is upset based on the way they went about the recruiting process. Rob are you out there?

Totally agree mom2kid! In the last two days there have been no fewer than four articles on Al.com about how bad the Evans family has been treated! Talk about a media smear campaign. No one has questioned anything they have said- just taken it all at face value. Maybe tomorrow we will hear from his mother! it is typical skewed media reporting and it is no coincidence that they are still bent out of shape about the Iron bowl. They will keep this going as long as possible.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I've noticed bama has been on a PR move to quickly better their image this off season. First the injured kid getting a scholi (that didn't count towards the football 85). Media acted like this was the first time that kind if thing has happened. Now RE making a scene of this BS. So far I've already seen more writers post stories about the RE bashing than I ever seen on the bama fanbase threating to kill their kicker and violence if the two fans after their last two games. I think bama, RE and the bama media are trying to get this story everywhere to make AU look bad while improving their image. He'll last I heard Owens was posting his fathers store was completely empty... JMO

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I've noticed bama has been on a PR move to quickly better their image this off season. First the injured kid getting a scholi (that didn't count towards the football 85). Media acted like this was the first time that kind if thing has happened. Now RE making a scene of this BS. So far I've already seen more writers post stories about the RE bashing than I ever seen on the bama fanbase threating to kill their kicker and violence if the two fans after their last two games. I think bama, RE and the bama media are trying to get this story everywhere to make AU look bad while improving their image. He'll last I heard Owens was posting his fathers store was completely empty... JMO

I agree. The Shaw thing was completely a PR move. I think the kicker thing didn't get played out as much because it was still in the middle of the season, and currently there is nothing else to talk about but RE I guess. Auburn fans that are bashing him need to grow up. We look foolish to identify ourselves as the "Auburn family" and then act immature. With that said, the Evans should've been smarter. By turning it into a circus, leading on the coaches, inviting both coaches to the party, etc; they set themselves up for this exact situation. If they had displayed enough awareness to handle the process more maturely and not seek attention when RE's decision could go either way, the fallout of him picking Alabama would've been astronomically less.

This should be a lesson to all recruits. When your a big-time prospect that wants to call attention to yourself and "shock the world", your going to get criticized, and sometimes harshly. It might not be fair, but it's a reality. But again, Auburn fans should be better than this.

I read an article on AL.Com, I think, it was about what Tre Williams went thru when he commited to Auburn. Only made me like & respect him even more. Wasn't crying. Let RE & Reuben "Honey Boo-Boo" Foster have each other. T-town deserves 'em.

I am so thankful for the wonderful young men who have signed on to be Auburn Tigers. For those who chose not to, it is your loss, not ours. For all of you who still want to continue with this thread - I say once again...................................................

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" people "LET IT BE" !!!!!!

Archived