2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

If this kid and his dad were being dishonest with the AU staff, trust me, the cosmos has a way of sending that back on you in some way. I can't really blame Foster for last year because, bless his heart, he is dumber than a box of hammers, but Evans didn't seem the type to stoop to that level.

Evans and Foster are tight. Obviously wanted to play together.

Which is why he should have committed to UAT after his visit. In my sorry opinion.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and Reuben Foster deserve each other...evidently two of a kind. We have a great class (who have class!)

Maybe Evans will get a Hummer that matches Foster's. And a few custom fit suits from uncle albetar.

I don't blame Gus, I just know he's a smart man and would ordinarily get a feel for someone trying to pull something over on him. No worries, all things will work out for our good because we are doing it the right way. I like that Gus really values the loyalty of our class. He'll use this experience to learn something useful, like not to go dancing at parties...haha

I don't want anyone on our team that would rather be at Alabama. Evans could have been a great signee, instead he is a Bammer. We have new Auburn men to focus on...let's spend our efforts on them!

Really irritating when AE said his son was an AU fan and will cheer for AU except when they play in the IB. Wow really? That is baloney. With a fan like that.......

The whole thing was poorly handled at the end. This episode became foder for the Bama crowd. They embarrassed our coaches and our fans. RE can now wrap himself around the worst fan base in the country and the slimiest staff in college football

Looks like a perfect match. Pops evans will fit right in with that crowd.

After watching this video, it is clear based on body language what was going on. It took all the strength his mother had to maintain her composure. Dad, was a very pleased man. Notice the quick glance at his wife....like how much trouble am I in now? If Momma ain't happy, nobody is happy. It is going to be a tough time in the Evans' house.

He made his choice and good luck to him. We have a great class coming in and coaches that are phenomenal. Would have liked to have had him at AU, but he chose otherwise. It's his life. I really like how the coaches filled out this class. Lots of great times ahead.

Anyone upset at AU's 2014 class is crazy.

Heard this gem on Mike&Mike this morning:

EVERY SINGLE 5 star that Saban has EVER signed went on to become a First Round pick in the NFL Draft.

That's....jaw dropping.

Tough to say no to that. Wow.

This is incorrect. Tyler Love was a 5* OL in Saban's first full class that was a complete bust.

Can you name any others?

What 5 star recruits did saban send to the pro's?

He made his choice and good luck to him. We have a great class coming in and coaches that are phenomenal. Would have liked to have had him at AU, but he chose otherwise. It's his life. I really like how the coaches filled out this class. Lots of great times ahead.

Yes our class is good. But perception wise and somewhat reality wise, we got slapped around on few kids we needed. Evans, Clark, SDH, and Casher (yes I know the backstory). Also we have only taken 22 so far, so theoretically that puts us short on quality experience down the road. In this day and age of recruiting, you have to seal the deal early. No longer waiting to the end. Unfortunately you need to over commit then tell someone too bad come signing day if necessary. Dirty business but that seems to be the trend.

This is incorrect. Tyler Love was a 5* OL in Saban's first full class that was a complete bust.

Can you name any others?

BJ Scott, Nico Johnson....there may be more. In other words, Mike and Mike are full of it.

Can you name any others?

BJ Scott, Nico Johnson....there may be more. In other words, Mike and Mike are full of it.

Just more "Bama Bias" and propaganda.

Just another case of talking heads buying in to the BS that is bama hype. These sports personalities don't even bother to research the things they claim knowledge in. Just a couple more tools in the ESPN tool shed.

Evans was quoted in an AL.com article saying he "decided last night that he wanted to go to Alabama"...

Why were Roberts and Mitchell at the ceremony? Hoke said they were told to attend??? If that is in fact true, that is a POS move by Rashaan. Very cowardly...

Still the question I'd love to have answered. Only other thing I can think of is they felt good about him and decided to make the trip on his own.

If we get an answer great, if not then it is what it is.

Hoke also said Roberts and Mitchell talked to him before he went on the air... and reiterated that he was all AU...???

I don't know if he's a "good kid", or if he was "torn"... but, one thing we know is that he's a coward.

I would say, son, life isn't easy. Be a man! But, as they say... Like father, like son.

Ummm did they supposed to stop being friends whenever he decided to be a bammer?

If a top-rated recruit has a least one ethically-challenged parent, UAT has a great chance at signing the kid.

Yes our class is good. But perception wise and somewhat reality wise, we got slapped around on few kids we needed. Evans, Clark, SDH, and Casher (yes I know the backstory). Also we have only taken 22 so far, so theoretically that puts us short on quality experience down the road. In this day and age of recruiting, you have to seal the deal early. No longer waiting to the end. Unfortunately you need to over commit then tell someone too bad come signing day if necessary. Dirty business but that seems to be the trend.

Sorry...I don't buy this assessment. Evans sure but lots of us saw that coming....Clark...was never an AU lean, SDH too. And you think bama just took a pass on Roc and Tre Williams for some reason and never tried to recruit them ? Gus was new and AU was still getting over a 3-9 season when a lot of kids formed their opinions about where to go to school....which is why the ones who committed early like Williams and some others deserve special appreciation for faith in the coaches and desire to play for AU.

As for over-signing, I don't see that as a trend and I hope AU does not consider that it has to play the dirty games to be competitive. Consider that about 120 Div 1 schools finished behind AU in the recruiting battle and virtually every one of them would swap classes with AU. I'm good with what occurred this year and have no complaints about the results. Meanwhile the real winners of the recruiting "race" prove it on the field.....so bring 'em on.

Evans was quoted in an AL.com article saying he "decided last night that he wanted to go to Alabama"...

Why were Roberts and Mitchell at the ceremony? Hoke said they were told to attend??? If that is in fact true, that is a POS move by Rashaan. Very cowardly...

Still the question I'd love to have answered. Only other thing I can think of is they felt good about him and decided to make the trip on his own.

Hoke also said Roberts and Mitchell talked to him before he went on the air... and reiterated that he was all AU...???

I don't know if he's a "good kid", or if he was "torn"... but, one thing we know is that he's a coward.

I would say, son, life isn't easy. Be a man! But, as they say... Like father, like son.

Ummm did they supposed to stop being friends whenever he decided to be a bammer?

No, but I suspect they stopped being friends right after he lied to them and had them come over to AHS to get embarrassed.

What a waste of talent. There must be some really nasty water in the water coolers at AHS. Just kidding....I wish the young man well, and hope he gets a good education at UAT. We did fine, and picked up a couple of nice 4 star recruits on Wednesday. As long as we finish in the top 12, we will be fine.

Since Reuben has a red hummer, what color will Evans get?

It will be a pink cady in that Mary Kay was working behind the scenes to get AE to bammer!

No, but I suspect they stopped being friends right after he lied to them and had them come over to AHS to get embarrassed.

Link?

Archived