2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

If he wanted respect he would've done it like Braden Smith.

Yep. You can toss bammer signee Ronnie Clark in there too. Those two guys are examples of prospects that acted like young men and will be treated like young men. Act like an attention seeking drama queen and that's how you'll be treated.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wanted respect he would've done it like Braden Smith.

Yep. You can toss bammer signee Ronnie Clark in there too. Those two guys are examples of prospects that acted like young men and will be treated like young men. Act like an attention seeking drama queen and that's how you'll be treated.

This.

This was sent to me from a friend in Birmingham.

"Rashaan Evans, five-star linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., believes he made the right decision for his future when he signed with Alabama on Wednesday.

There are plenty of people who support Evans regardless of his decision, but every fan base has a few immature individuals who take the decision of a high school stranger too personal. Those fans vent frustration on message boards and or social media.

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

Evans has another fan base eager for the nation's top linebacker to arrive in Tuscaloosa.

"The support from Alabama fans has been by far the greatest," he said. "They have made me feel a lot better about my decision. They are doing nothing but showing me love. They make me see I have people who are always going to have my back.

"Kirby [smart] always sends me an inspirational texts. He tells me not to worry what people are saying. He said to make sure once I get there just get ready for work.

"Auburn fans are saying I am going to ride the bench, and I am going to be like Reuben Foster. People are adding his family and how they are low-lifes. They talk about his mom. You wouldn't think some of them are human. I knew it was going to be horrible. You know it's out of hand when people come up to you saying stuff. People you don't know. People who are grown men."

Love this.

I am SO OVER this kid and his look at me moments. Good Lord, enough is enough already. Best of luck to him and is family but, i dont think Ive ever gotten so tired of one player's "its' all about me story" as I have with this one.

The members of our fan base who are harassing Evans on Twitter and Facebook need to stop. He made what he considered the right decision for him, and honestly, if I were him, I probably would have made the same decision.

Let the Bammers be Bammers. We should rise above this stuff.

I just don't think RE fit in our defensive scheme, especially as a Star. I really wish we would have recruited him to the WLB position, but the coaches made the coaching and recruiting decision they thought was best.

I hope for the best for RE. I hope he grows big and strong and stays fast, eventually starts at Jack for UAT, and becomes a pass-rushing terror. And I hope Auburn embarrasses him and leaves him grasping at air on the way to defeat during every Iron Bowl.

I also hope as a 5-DB scheme we become DB-U, with the best DB recruits clamoring to play for us because they know they will get their shot. I also hope with only 2 LBs in our scheme, we sell the fact that LB in the 4-2-5 is a much more visible role than the 3-4. And I hope any big OLB candidates are considered for DE in our recruiting.

Let's recruit our game.

I am becoming highly embarrassed by our fan base. I thought we were better than this but apparently not. Are we upset with how and why he chose bama... sure we are. But that is no excuse for the actions as Evans has mentioned. After doing just a little internet searching on the subject on some various social media sites it looks bad. Grown men and women treating Evans and his family like he has committed a crime. I am ashamed at this time of our AU family.

I am becoming highly embarrassed by our fan base. I thought we were better than this but apparently not. Are we upset with how and why he chose bama... sure we are. But that is no excuse for the actions as Evans has mentioned. After doing just a little internet searching on the subject on some various social media sites it looks bad. Grown men and women treating Evans and his family like he has committed a crime. I am ashamed at this time of our AU family.

Auburn isn't above or better than any other fanbase, to think otherwise is just silly. Fan = Fanatics and every fanbase has its crazy/immature/ridiculous fringe that spew crap on social media and the internet. Embarrassing indeed.

But when you sit back and realize that kids in their pre-teens & tweens have smart phones glued to their palms then you understand just exactly what we're dealing with and it's all juvenile.

If he thinks the Bama fan base will always have his back then I can't wait to see what happens when he blows a big tackle or gets "processed". He will quickly learn what a cold world it is when you stop being useful to people. I just wonder if he will try to get himself in the news then by complaining about how awfully he was treated.

Fans are fans, no matter what team they are fans of. There are ALWAYS those outliers who make the rest look bad. It is embarrassing! Just have to learn to deal with it.

WAR EAGLE!!

Welcome to being a star and the spotlight that goes with it. If for a minute you didn't think people in your home town of Auburn weren't going to give you crap then you need to get a better understanding of the world we live in. As for the comments of people not going to your family's place of business, not sure I would have put it out there but I will be honest I would have stopped going, is that childish maybe, but it is my right to not patronage the establishment, however I would not wish harm nor would I gather the masses to harm a family.

Do I think it is right that people are behaving like this, no not at all.

PS if we all stop posting about it the 15 mins of fame fades

I'm not advocating any ill will towards Evans or his family but at the same time, I'm not sure I understand what he expected. When you mislead all of your friends and fellow recruits AND turn your recruitment into a circus, the end result isn't going to be good.

I'm not advocating any ill will towards Evans or his family but at the same time, I'm not sure I understand what he expected. When you mislead all of your friends and fellow recruits AND turn your recruitment into a circus, the end result isn't going to be good.

Amen!!

When you create drama and encourage the big build up- and a invitation only press conference on national tv choosing the school of your choice is just that- then you have to deal with the fall out imo. Seems to me these guys loved the "game" of recruiting but made it look like they were just doing their due diligence. They were commended for this by people who were looking at things somewhat naively i think and made a lot of people look silly.Towards the end, it was pretty apparent father and son were enjoying the attention, father probably moreso. Now, there's no excuse for adults to act like an idiot to a teen because of this but it does happen and that's just the way it is. It kinda appears this family thought they could squeeze every bit of fame out of this and then jet out when they were done without any backlash.

1743726_599286810156459_895838824_n.jpg

What did Auburn do that we treated him like Satan?

I see Rashaan is well versed in the use of rhetoric. A whole city is treating you like you are satan? #really? Bull****.

Rhetoric is the study and practice of communication that persuades, informs, inspires, or entertains target audiences in order to change or reinforce beliefs, values, habits or actions.

How much you guys want to bet his store goes " out of business" soon because mean ole Auburn fans are boycotting him?

Propaganda at it's finest.

I thought he already closed up his shop. Unless that was based on unfounded rumor.

Archived