2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Really exciting to see posts that list the possibilities we could have next year in the secondary. Been a while since we have actually had the option to move players around back there!

Hope Evans can be big part of the secondary for the next few years!!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I missed the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I have no idea what went on and have no interest in knowing. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

WAR EAGLE!!

Glad I missed the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I have no idea what went on and have no interest in knowing. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

WAR EAgLE!!

FIFY....+10000000

I'm glad I missed the meltdown as well. I have witnessed several AU posters here that are immature to say the least but from what I understand a 'supposed' AU fan posted something here that was tweeted to RE. Hypothetically, how difficult would it be for a bammer to create an account to make comments here, make a classless comment and then have it tweeted to RE? From all indications RE and his parents are smart people and realize this too. I have no insider information on RE but I respect the way he and his parents have handled his recruitment. Sure, some things have happened that they might do differently but with dozens in the media, dozens of coaches and hundreds of fans pestering the heck out of them, a mistake or two will be made. I hope RE chooses AU but whatever he does, I wish him the best and he will be fun to watch.

I'm glad I missed the meltdown as well. I have witnessed several AU posters here that are immature to say the least but from what I understand a 'supposed' AU fan posted something here that was tweeted to RE. Hypothetically, how difficult would it be for a bammer to create an account to make comments here, make a classless comment and then have it tweeted to RE? From all indications RE and his parents are smart people and realize this too. I have no insider information on RE but I respect the way he and his parents have handled his recruitment. Sure, some things have happened that they might do differently but with dozens in the media, dozens of coaches and hundreds of fans pestering the heck out of them, a mistake or two will be made. I hope RE chooses AU but whatever he does, I wish him the best and he will be fun to watch.

I think the Mods said they didn't think it was Bama trolls, but who knows.

Sounds to me like that party was a blast! Good for them, they needed it after all the back and forth that family has been through these past few months! Hope he chooses au but if not, best of luck to the whole family!

I think the Mods said they didn't think it was Bama trolls, but who knows.

Probably not trolls. We have had a few Eeyores on the boards, and some got too petty and aggressive, and probably have no business vocalizing their opinions in a strongly moderated public forum that has some expectation of class and dignity. Anyway, moving right along...

Im convinced bama doesnt do the evaluation work AU and most of the other SEC teams do. Every 5* gets an offer. A lot of 4*s get offers. Maybe it is a luxury they have casting a huge net, but if Coker doesnt work out there will be a lot of head shaking (like the situation at UF). They may have gotten lazy as success on the field makes recruiting easy. I am not sure they even recruit for need. They recruit for stars.

Seriously? You do realize they put out guys like Chance Warmack last year that had maybe 4 offers and no BCS AQs. They took Vinnie Sunseri who was a nobody. Belue was a 3*.

While recruiting rankings aren't everything, fact is they are solid on the whole. Also, a lot of Bama players start off low and rise through the rankings (bump or being recognized since Bama went after them w.e) Bama has the luxury right now of being in on nearly every recruit so they can choose the best athletes

In a few years hopefully auburn will be there too. For now though we have a bigger need to get a couple under the radar guys

Yea, I think it's been pretty widely reported that for every prospect Bama offers, Nick Saban has film put together of nearly every single play that that recruit was in on in high school.

Really? Think about that. A D1 recruit starts at least 2 years in high school and maybe 3. If that recruit is in on 20 plays per game, then 2 years of playing is 400 plays. I would think they seriously recruit 40 to 50 guys, then you are looking at 20,000 plays per year to be evaluated. Seems like a lot of plays to evaluate. Maybe so. Just sounds like an urban legend to me.

You need to watch the 60 Minutes interview with Saban in which he is asked about it and confirms it then.

Its funny how after 10, most of our targets will have already made their picks. No two o clock announcements, better yet, feb 15 announcements. Its going to be a busy morning

Its funny how after 10, most of our targets will have already made their picks. No two o clock announcements, better yet, feb 15 announcements. Its going to be a busy morning

90-95% prospects are done before noon.

Im convinced bama doesnt do the evaluation work AU and most of the other SEC teams do. Every 5* gets an offer. A lot of 4*s get offers. Maybe it is a luxury they have casting a huge net, but if Coker doesnt work out there will be a lot of head shaking (like the situation at UF). They may have gotten lazy as success on the field makes recruiting easy. I am not sure they even recruit for need. They recruit for stars.

Seriously? You do realize they put out guys like Chance Warmack last year that had maybe 4 offers and no BCS AQs. They took Vinnie Sunseri who was a nobody. Belue was a 3*.

While recruiting rankings aren't everything, fact is they are solid on the whole. Also, a lot of Bama players start off low and rise through the rankings (bump or being recognized since Bama went after them w.e) Bama has the luxury right now of being in on nearly every recruit so they can choose the best athletes

In a few years hopefully auburn will be there too. For now though we have a bigger need to get a couple under the radar guys

Yea, I think it's been pretty widely reported that for every prospect Bama offers, Nick Saban has film put together of nearly every single play that that recruit was in on in high school.

Really? Think about that. A D1 recruit starts at least 2 years in high school and maybe 3. If that recruit is in on 20 plays per game, then 2 years of playing is 400 plays. I would think they seriously recruit 40 to 50 guys, then you are looking at 20,000 plays per year to be evaluated. Seems like a lot of plays to evaluate. Maybe so. Just sounds like an urban legend to me.

You need to watch the 60 Minutes interview with Saban in which he is asked about it and confirms it then.

Wouldn't be the first time the guy lied about something.

Bammer247 insiders picking Evans to bammer...

Our insiders picking him to AU...

Who's got the "real" inside info???

duhn, duhn, duuuhhhhn....

90-95% prospects are done before noon.

yeah i understand that. there is some outliers such as alex kozan which signed with auburn on feb 27th. Im glad we dont have any of those scenarios

yeah i understand that. there is some outliers such as alex kozan which signed with auburn on feb 27th. Im glad we dont have any of those scenarios

He was worth waiting on that's for sure.

All the 247 guys....ALL OF THEM....have picked AU, even the Bama guys. Bama hasn't had a CB for Evans since the first of November.

Not sure where you're looking. Charles Power and Shannon Terry of BOL have Auburn picked and Tim Watts has not made a pick yet.

Curious where people have read that Evans stated that Bama and Auburn are even? I did not see it in the Al.com article, or other recent articles.

Free AU Rivals rundown podcast.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884%5C1511777.mp3

Thanks E,

I always thought it was a bit of a canard that recruits read fan site comments, a guess not.

I still say he signs with Auburn...with UCLA as an outside possibility. I could be dead wrong but he seems to fit in here better than anywhere else...even after the voodoo this weekend.

Not sure where you're looking. Charles Power and Shannon Terry of BOL have Auburn picked and Tim Watts has not made a pick yet.

Got a text from a friend (bammer) who told me about 247...

He's probably just a little over-zealous or FOS.

I'm gonna go with FOS.

Archived