2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I never agrued that they were both good, I call them dissappointments because they had the god given ability to destroy every record and they had personnality faults that prevented them from achieving such success.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone went to Benjamin Russell on this board they can chime in. If you told someone that Terrell Owens would make a BCS roster let alone the NFL, they would have laughed at you when he was younger. To argue that TO didn't work hard is a joke. Guy was a nobody who worked his way into being a premier WR in the NFL. He made SF, PHI and DAL all contenders when he walked on the field.

If Evans signs, we'll have a full 11 on D averaging 4 stars, plus more:

Front 4:

DE- Lambert 4*, Thornton 4* (and Kennion, and hopefully another 4* in Williams)

DT- Russell 4*, Lawrence 3*

LB:

Williams 5*, Davis 3*

CB:

Ruffin 4*, Bessent 4*

S:

Moncrief 4*, Roberts 4* (and Boston 3*)

Star:

Evans 5*?

Do we have any other class in the last 20 years that would compare to this on that side of the ball?

Do not leave out the idiot T. Owens! God gifted athlete that let his mouth and lack of work ethic keep him from achieving the greatness that he was destined for. He and Moss are the two biggest dissappointments at the WR position ever maybe. They are both as big and fast as megatron but couldn't find it within themselves to shut up, work hard, and just play ever play. If I was a voter there is no way either ever even gets into the HOF discussion. For goodness sake, Kevin Greene hasnt been inducted so there is no way those two should ever get in! KG is 3rd on the all time sack list and can't get in, that just seems stupid.

There are many things to question on TO but work ethic is not one of them. The dude worked his arse off.

TO was one of the hardest workers during offseason, and during camps. His Work Ethic allowed him to come back and play for Philly's big game and be a dominant player when other players would have still been re-habilitating. His problem was an ego that was even bigger than his talent. He wanted the ball and when he didn't get it sometimes he quit trying during games and he also could be a cancer in the locker room.

I told Rashaan back when he was a Sophomore that he'd be a 4 or 5 star recruit if he kept working and playing like he had been. He exceeded even my expectations. As good as Ruben was at times in 2012, Rashann was a better player than Ruben.

He'd need more rings to be above JR IMO yes I get your point I was just being cheeky

He needed more than rings. Moss was the most gifted WR ever before Megatron, and may be more gifted than him. If Randy worked half as hard as Jerry he would have easily passed him as the greatest WR of all time.

Do not leave out the idiot T. Owens! God gifted athlete that let his mouth and lack of work ethic keep him from achieving the greatness that he was destined for. He and Moss are the two biggest dissappointments at the WR position ever maybe. They are both as big and fast as megatron but couldn't find it within themselves to shut up, work hard, and just play ever play. If I was a voter there is no way either ever even gets into the HOF discussion. For goodness sake, Kevin Greene hasnt been inducted so there is no way those two should ever get in! KG is 3rd on the all time sack list and can't get in, that just seems stupid.

This post can't be serious

Here's the final predictions from 247 (http://247sports.com/Article/Crystal-Ball-predictions-breakdown-from-247Sports-Insiders-175147) and Rivals (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1604458) as well.

While most are admitting it's a little more of a toss-up now than it was a week ago, the only guy to actually step out and pick Bama for RE was Woody Wommack who is a UGA guy from what I can gather.

Regardless, until those in the know here start saying we may lose him, I'm not worried about him.

Here's the final predictions from 247 (http://247sports.com/Article/Crystal-Ball-predictions-breakdown-from-247Sports-Insiders-175147) and Rivals (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1604458) as well.

While most are admitting it's a little more of a toss-up now than it was a week ago, the only guy to actually step out and pick Bama for RE was Woody Wommack who is a UGA guy from what I can gather.

Regardless, until those in the know here start saying we may lose him, I'm not worried about him.

I am guessing the UGA guy knows nothng about the situation and he is hoping he may "Shock the World" with his terrific pick. I hope majority rules here.

I am guessing the UGA guy knows nothng about the situation and he is hoping he may "Shock the World" with his terrific pick. I hope majority rules here.

Are there an new rumblings here regarding Mr Evans? I sure hope we get him.

Nothing from our insiders.

All kidding aside I'm hearing conflicting reports. Don't know what to say right now. More people are saying AU but a good source says bama. Who knows.

All kidding aside I'm hearing conflicting reports. Don't know what to say right now. More people are saying AU but a good source says bama. Who knows.

good source?? what source? and what makes the source good?

Hoke on rivals pretty much guaranteed Evans to Auburn with latest prediction.

A high % does not mean he gurantees it.

When was that?

@JHokanson: Here's my predictions for #Auburn's finish: (subject to change if new information comes available) http://t.co/fxAFTRQ2CA @Rivals #RivalsNSD

He knows the significance of that %... in bunker land the % pretty much means 100%

Yes it does... were you not a member of the bunker back in JLee days?

If you can't answer it I understand (and E if you need to edit/remove this post I won't be offended), but is it due to everything from this weekend or just the summation of Bama being hard on him for awhile?

Yes it does... were you not a member of the bunker back in JLee days?

That percentage has also been dreaded by many posters ...

good source?? what source? and what makes the source good?

WDE, I am not sure I like it. Hopefully we get him.

The backtracking is taking a little longer to happen with Evans than usual on a big time recruit our insiders (on this and other boards) were confident on. Of course some happened Sunday with the party post fiasco, but in fairly short order confidence was again somewhat restored. Now we see WDEWDE starting to express some doubt on the eve of signing day. I am not going to be surprised to see more insiders (on this and other boards) start doing to the same. Happens just about every year.

wde

The other issue of course with any information is when did the source information get obtained. This direction of this recruitment has appeared to vacillate regularly the last 5-7 days and that may explain certain conflicting reports. I do not know either way, just observing.

Archived