2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I'm curious to know from the "he's bama bound" crowd what they think of bammers run at the Thomas kid out of Miami. He's a wde but is reported that they intend on using him at jack linebacker. Coincidentally, the same position that they told rashaan he'd play. Conversely, Boston committed as a safety. Rashaan was reported to have been told he'd be a hybrid rush lber/safety at AUburn. I think it's more telling that Thomas is getting the late big push from them. I believe it points to a lack of confidence in securing Rashaan and their belief that he is AUburn bound.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for anyone "in the know" have the coaches been able to have any contact post ignorant rants by misguided Auburn fans? I was just wondering. I don't hink they will have a bearing on the end result, I was just wondering if it has in fact affected Rashaans opinions.

I would think that the coaches would not even bother to address it.....they know how erratic ALL fanbases can be.

If the family expressed bad feelings about it then they would have to address it. With that let's not dwell further about anything relating to the other RE thread or yesterdays events. If you must discuss take it to PMs.

I would think that the coaches would not even bother to address it.....they know how erratic ALL fanbases can be.

If the family expressed bad feelings about it then they would have to address it. With that let's not dwell further about anything relating to the other RE thread or yesterdays events. If you must discuss take it to PMs.

Need to invent a pop up that detects posts! LOL

a new article on yahoo sports is titled. will dancing coaches sway 5-star. its a free read and tells what went on at party. apparently everyone got a good laugh at both Alabama and auburns staff dancing.

From AL.com:

"When we got to the party about eight o'clock it was a packed house at the hotel," Evans told
AL.com
. "We walked in and the first people we saw was the entire Auburn staff standing there on our left and to my right was Kirby Smart and the Bama staff. I was like 'This has never happened in Auburn before and probably never will again.'

"As we went in, we were pulled left and right all night from Auburn to Bama. The coaches shook hands and talked but you could tell they were there for one thing and one thing only. Then the live band started playing and the Alabama and Auburn coaches hit the dance floor. It was unbelievable. I just couldn't stop laughing

From AL.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dancing-skills-coaches-auburn-alabama-sway-five-star-161002819--ncaaf.html

a new article on yahoo sports is titled. will dancing coaches sway 5-star. its a free read and tells what went on at party. apparently everyone got a good laugh at both Alabama and auburns staff dancing.

Well link it and paste the text.

Per his AMA today on Reddit, Mike Farrell thinks that we "close on Evans for sure". Also added that he thinks we get Williams, but that's a harder call with Georgia making a strong push.

No link, on mobile.

Bammer247 insiders picking Evans to bammer...

Our insiders picking him to AU...

Who's got the "real" inside info???

duhn, duhn, duuuhhhhn....

All the insiders are picking Auburn including random posters claiming inside status. One poster (Reuben Foster's uncle) says he has a gut feeling Evans to Bama and the whole site went crazy... Yet this same poster wrote in a different thread that he has no idea on Evans. Another poster named Gradyjr said Alabama will flip an Auburn commit but never mentioned any names. Other than those two, nobody is saying Evans to bama so your friend is making up crap.

All the insiders are picking Auburn including random posters claiming inside status. One poster (Reuben Foster's uncle) says he has a gut feeling Evans to Bama and the whole site went crazy... Yet this same poster wrote in a different thread that he has no idea on Evans. Another poster named Gradyjr said Alabama will flip an Auburn commit but never mentioned any names. Other than those two, nobody is saying Evans to bama so your friend is making up crap.

The gumps think it's Roc. :laugh:

The gumps think it's Roc. :laugh:/>

Yeah...

If there is one recruit not flipping to Alabama it's Roc. Arrogant for them to even assume that'd be happening

Preesh!

Preesh!

my baby mommas cousin has a homeboy that once dated a chick that is related to rashaan evans in the nth degree through court-appointed foster care and evans is going to bama. rahh tie!!

Everybody calm down Roc is not flipping and Evans still to AU this will not change barring some crazy unforeseen events that won't happen.

Awesome. Thanks 23

Free content. Crystal Ball.

Rashaan Evans, LB, Auburn (Ala.)

Announcement: 11:45 a.m. EST- National Signing Day (ESPNU)

Current Evans Crystal Ball: Auburn (95 percent)

Expert Picks

Adams: Auburn. "This time last year, Evans could not wait to get out of town and play for Alabama or Georgia. Then he watched as Gus Malzahn and his staff made an incredible turnaround at Auburn, just as Malzahn told Evans he would. The Crimson Tide have pushed and made his decision more difficult than people realize, but Evans is going to stay home and become the centerpiece of an outstanding Tigers' class."

Bartow: Auburn. “He is right there at Auburn High School and the Tigers had a huge season. It just all adds up for Auburn.”

Shurburtt: Auburn. “At the end of the day, it’s hard to see an Auburn legacy from Auburn High bolting across the state to Tuscaloosa to play for Alabama. There’s no doubt that the Crimson Tide has made things interesting here, but right now there’s no indication that a surprising decision such as that one is imminent.”

Simmons: Auburn. “Can a kid from Auburn whose father played at Auburn go to Alabama? Sure. But someone else is going to have to be the one to make the pick. Evans has been too big of a priority for too long for Auburn for me to see him slipping away and out their back door. Once Georgia started trending away for Evans, I’ve believed it was all Auburn.”

Wiltfong: Auburn. "The Tigers are my pick, but it’s almost becoming a tossup between the Tigers and Alabama down the stretch."

Everybody calm down Roc is not flipping and Evans still to AU this will not change barring some crazy unforeseen events that won't happen.

But we had a crazy unforeseen event yester...Oh wait...the sky is falling mentality from some is a given and anything but unforeseen.

But we had a crazy unforeseen event yester...Oh wait...the sky is falling mentality from some is a given and anything but unforeseen.

We're not supposed to be talking about that!!

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

The way some acted yesterday that jab was well deserved.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)/>

The way some acted yesterday that jab was well deserved.

No doubt.

Archived