2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

This thread is like a car crash. Everyone drives slow and looks. Then then people in the car who couldn't see ask what was it what'd he say where'd he go...... E has said several times move along to pms but we keep on looking. The humor is in the absurdity.

Every family needs a little dysfunction occasionally. It's healthy.

Then we definitely have a healthy family. I heard that E's hair stylist in Auburn knows where RE is going and has told E. Due to the fact that E pays a premium for his haircut he is unable to disclose. One more day.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN's Tom Luginbill believes Rashaan Evans is a better football prospect than what Reuben Foster was last year. :hellyeah:/>

Not to call Tom out again but if he believed that Rashaan would have a higher grade than Foster. Foster had a grade of 88 and Rashaan has a grade of 84.

JMO, I think Evans is a better player than Foster. Foster ran full speed all the time and many times overran plays and was out of control to make plays. I think Evans has better fundamentals. Foster may be a very good collage player but I think Evans will be excellent!

I have to agree and I guess that is what makes his recruitment so compelling. He seems to have so much upside at a position where we desperately need a guy of his skills and physical potential. A 6'3 guy who may eventually play at 240-250. Him and Tre seem like two you could build a defense around. Has to be one of the most important recruits in a long time.

FWIW, I have a friend that's rather knowledgeable about football and recruiting. He even had a son on the AU team, back a few years ago. He's lately become all into AHS football, attends every game and then watches the replay on some cable channel he gets.

His most recent statement, made after last weekend, was that he's sorry Evans's recruitment is still up in the air. "Evans is 5X the linebacker Foster ever thought about being". In the case of athletes playing at Auburn High school for the past few years, he's a lot more knowledgeable than Luginbill.

Is it bed time yet? Im ready to fall asleep and wake up to NSD texts. Christmas day for the collegiate football fans

@BaronAndBone

I think Rashaan Evans had a great visit to #Auburn and I think he'll end up at Auburn. -@SeanWhite_12

Always good to hear!

True but What in the Sam Hill is an AU commit doing on a bama recruiting radio show?

@BaronAndBone

I think Rashaan Evans had a great visit to #Auburn and I think he'll end up at Auburn. -@SeanWhite_12

Always good to hear!

True but What in the Sam Hill is an AU commit doing on a bama recruiting radio show?

From what I have seen they are trying to re-brand themselves as an SEC radio show and not a bammer show.

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

From what I have seen they are trying to re-brand themselves as an SEC radio show and not a bammer show.

another finebaum wannabe.

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

He's flipping! He's flipping!

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

It might just be me being a barner right now but I do not see any of the guys we currently have committed flipping tomorrow. From everything I have seen and read each one of them truly loves Auburn and all seem really excited to sign and then get here in the summer. Regardless of who else we sign if any of the guys we currently have committed flips then that would be the biggest surprise of signing day for me. The only exception might be for Boston since he is extremely new to his commitment and I have not been able to see how he reacts over time.

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

It might just be me being a barner right now but I do not see any of the guys we currently have committed flipping tomorrow. From everything I have seen and read each one of them truly loves Auburn and all seem really excited to sign and then get here in the summer. Regardless of who else we sign if any of the guys we currently have committed flips then that would be the biggest surprise of signing day for me. The only exception might be for Boston since he is extremely new to his commitment and I have not been able to see how he reacts over time.

Just to clarify bsci was joking.

FWIW, I have a friend that's rather knowledgeable about football and recruiting. He even had a son on the AU team, back a few years ago. He's lately become all into AHS football, attends every game and then watches the replay on some cable channel he gets.

His most recent statement, made after last weekend, was that he's sorry Evans's recruitment is still up in the air. "Evans is 5X the linebacker Foster ever thought about being". In the case of athletes playing at Auburn High school for the past few years, he's a lot more knowledgeable than Luginbill.

Foster took way too many plays off with lack of effort & hustle. Evans goes 110% on every play. That is the biggest difference in the two.

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

Good lord it's sad that that point had to be clarified! Thanks E

Foster took way too many plays off with lack of effort & hustle. Evans goes 110% on every play. That is the biggest difference in the two.

That is a HUGE difference in playing maturity.

Didn't keep Randy Moss from becoming a potential HOF player

That aside I think we get RE and everyone here can stop having a heart attack and relax. Rest of signing day will be pretty vanilla. It doesn't seem like we have as many kids this year that are NSD potentials if that makes sense

@BaronAndBone

Always good to hear!

Good lord it's sad that that point had to be clarified! Thanks E

I personally did not need it to be clarified. I realized and took it for a joke however I did just want to inject my thoughts on how firm this class was with their commitments. I cannot speak for if others needed it cleared up or not but I did not.

That aside I think we get RE and everyone here can stop having a heart attack and relax. Rest of signing day will be pretty vanilla. It doesn't seem like we have as many kids this year that are NSD potentials if that makes sense

Some might argue it kept him out of the conversation of being the best ever though. Moss had all the tools to be in the conversation with Jerry Rice as being the best ever but his taking off snaps keeps him out of the discussion and could push him out of the top five.

Some might argue it kept him out of the conversation of being the best ever though. Moss had all the tools to be in the conversation with Jerry Rice as being the best ever but his taking off snaps keeps him out of the discussion and could push him out of the top five.

He'd need more rings to be above JR IMO yes I get your point I was just being cheeky

He'd need more rings to be above JR IMO yes I get your point I was just being cheeky

He needed more than rings. Moss was the most gifted WR ever before Megatron, and may be more gifted than him. If Randy worked half as hard as Jerry he would have easily passed him as the greatest WR of all time.

I believe Jerry Rice himself is on record saying that exact same thing.

Maybe one day we'll hear an interview where Rashaan Evans says, "Reuben Foster could have been the best linebacker ever at Auburn High School..." while he wears a yellow sportcoat and fiddles with a few knuckles full of rings.

He needed more than rings. Moss was the most gifted WR ever before Megatron, and may be more gifted than him. If Randy worked half as hard as Jerry he would have easily passed him as the greatest WR of all time.

Do not leave out the idiot T. Owens! God gifted athlete that let his mouth and lack of work ethic keep him from achieving the greatness that he was destined for. He and Moss are the two biggest dissappointments at the WR position ever maybe. They are both as big and fast as megatron but couldn't find it within themselves to shut up, work hard, and just play ever play. If I was a voter there is no way either ever even gets into the HOF discussion. For goodness sake, Kevin Greene hasnt been inducted so there is no way those two should ever get in! KG is 3rd on the all time sack list and can't get in, that just seems stupid.

Do not leave out the idiot T. Owens! God gifted athlete that let his mouth and lack of work ethic keep him from achieving the greatness that he was destined for. He and Moss are the two biggest dissappointments at the WR position ever maybe. They are both as big and fast as megatron but couldn't find it within themselves to shut up, work hard, and just play ever play. If I was a voter there is no way either ever even gets into the HOF discussion. For goodness sake, Kevin Greene hasnt been inducted so there is no way those two should ever get in! KG is 3rd on the all time sack list and can't get in, that just seems stupid.

There are many things to question on TO but work ethic is not one of them. The dude worked his arse off.

There are many things to question on TO but work ethic is not one of them. The dude worked his arse off.

Working in the gym and working at his craft and building a relationship with the QBs is a very different thing. TO dropped too many passes, ran lazy routes when he wasn't the primary and didn't block overly well to be so big and strong. If he worked as hard as MegaTron he would have destroyed all the recieving records, that and learn to be a little bit humble!

Working in the gym and working at his craft and building a relationship with the QBs is a very different thing. TO dropped too many passes, ran lazy routes when he wasn't the primary and didn't block overly well to be so big and strong. If he worked as hard as MegaTron he would have destroyed all the recieving records, that and learn to be a little bit humble!

You're simply wrong. Google "terrell owens work ethic".

Also, to call those guys "the two biggest dissappointments at the WR position ever maybe" is ridiculous. They're both top 10 in receptions in NFL history. Don't let your distaste for their demeanors cloud your judgment.

Archived