Michael Sams coming out party

JMassie11

Whatever dude, I'm not acting snotty or arrogant, just telling the truth, besides that he who is without sin let him cast the first stone. While your Judgeing me just know u will be judged also. I'm going to sum this whole conversation up in one line only and I am done with this topic,NO ONE is gonna change my view when it comes to JESUS and his teachings but JESUS himself! What anyone of u have to say about it is a moot point to me, because what is written is etched in my heart. Mans law don't mean Sugar Honey Iced Tea to me! Also understand this; I don't hate homosexuals, that discussion will be between them and GOD, I hate it when people try and force me to accept it!

When even people who agree with you on whether homosexual acts are considered sin in Scripture are telling you that your delivery has serious problems, you're doing more than "just telling the truth." Speaking the truth does not absolve you of caring how you speak it and how it is perceived by others. I'm not asking you to accept anything, I'm just asking you to reconsider how your manner of "truth telling" comes off to others in light of the 1 Peter passage.

Your opinion

Not just my opinion, but regardless, change your tone.

U may be a mod but your not GOD, so, don't tell me to change my tone when I don't have one

You may not realize it but, you definitely have a "tone". Personally, I do not have a big problem with it and, would even defend your right to your views. However, I am not thrilled that those views are posted on an Auburn related website and, that you invoke the name of Jesus Christ into your views as though He would share your feelings. Again, I would defend your right to your views but, I consider them hateful and ignorant. Remember, when Christ was on earth, he surrounded Himself with sinners, not the self-righteous. His message was love and salvation, not hate and condemnation. We are ALL sinners. We cannot earn God's mercy, grace, and love.

Lol, are u the all mighty one? If u read u will know that I have stated I do not hate homosexual's, that will be between them and GOD. Glad to know I'm being judged by such prestigious men, but I do have a question, while u guys are Judgeing me about ONE sin, why is this world in such turmoil? Surely u guys have the answer for that. As for me invoking the name of JESUS in my post, not one time did I say he would share my feelings. I clearly stated his teachings. As far as my tone, to each his own, I'm not a hateful or ignorant person as u say I am. U don't know me

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand we disagree. But sometimes I don't think people really think about that last sentence as it pertains to Christians. Getting offended at someone telling you ___________ (are a sinner for being gay?) is the last thing on earth that should happen, unless they are constantly in your face over it.

?? - presumably that is more or less what you meant.

It shows they actually care about you. It's like Penn Gillette said about it (paraphrased)...if you don't tell me or you're too scared of offending me to tell me, then you don't really believe it. And if you do believe it and still don't tell me, then you are a horrible person.

Well, maybe to you.

But to people who don't share your views, it probably appears as a judgemental accusation coming from a religiously-motivated bigot.

Maybe it does. I can only show them that's not true. I can't help it that modern society these days has deceived itself into believing that virtually the only sin there is is the sin of believing there's such as thing as sin to begin with.

Yeah, well good luck with that.

But recognizing that homosexuality is not a sin is hardly the same as believing there is no such thing as sin.

Like I said earlier, there are lots of Old Testament admonitions which are ignored or simply dismissed as being temporally irrelevant. I don't see the problem with including homosexuality in that category.

war eagle6, you're embarrassing yourself. Even if you're 100% correct theologically, your manner of conveying truth undermines your message. Reading back over your snippy, flippant tone, it's hard to jibe that with this:

1 Peter 3:15-16

15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, 16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

The Bible tells us that we will be hated and suffer persecution just because of the nature of the truth we proclaim. But it doesn't implore us to up the ante by acting snotty and arrogant when we deliver it.

Whatever dude, I'm not acting snotty or arrogant, just telling the truth, besides that he who is without sin let him cast the first stone. While your Judgeing me just know u will be judged also. I'm going to sum this whole conversation up in one line only and I am done with this topic,NO ONE is gonna change my view when it comes to JESUS and his teachings but JESUS himself! What anyone of u have to say about it is a moot point to me, because what is written is etched in my heart. Mans law don't mean Sugar Honey Iced Tea to me! Also understand this; I don't hate homosexuals, that discussion will be between them and GOD, I hate it when people try and force me to accept it!

How can anyone force you to accept homosexuality? Do you love homosexuals? Does Christ? Are you afraid of homosexuality? Do you believe that homosexuality will come to dominate society if it is not persecuted? Is homosexuality some sort of special sin, more destructive than other sins? Should we spend our time and resources fighting homosexuals socially and politically?

Did u miss the Michael Sam love fest on TV? That's what I'm speaking of, it's not your business how I feel about it, good or bad. I just wrote down my opinion. When you're raising kids, especially boys who love football and they see that fiasco with Sam and his partner, then turn to me asking why is that man kissing another man? Even kids know it's unnatural. And to answer all of your question.........NO, I fear nothing and NO man walking GODS green earth!

LOL! Actually, I did miss the "love fest" on TV.

But I have a question. Why not just explain to your boys why a man is kissing another man?

If they are really young, just say they love each other and let it go. If they are older, explain to them what homosexuality is. (Just don't forget to tell them that not everyone believes the way you do about it.) After all, they will encounter it again, with or without your presence.

U don't have kids so I don't need ur advice. Oh yeah, when naturally born men start going through pregnancy and giving birth,let me know

When even people who agree with you on whether homosexual acts are considered sin in Scripture are telling you that your delivery has serious problems, you're doing more than "just telling the truth." Speaking the truth does not absolve you of caring how you speak it and how it is perceived by others. I'm not asking you to accept anything, I'm just asking you to reconsider how your manner of "truth telling" comes off to others in light of the 1 Peter passage.

Your opinion

U may be a mod but your not GOD, so, don't tell me to change my tone when I don't have one

I never claimed to be God, but I do moderate this forum. You will change your tone at least when you are here, or you will no longer be here.

What is my tone? If I may ask?

Your opinion

I never claimed to be God, but I do moderate this forum. You will change your tone at least when you are here, or you will no longer be here.

Ignorant, intolerant, hateful.

I understand we disagree. But sometimes I don't think people really think about that last sentence as it pertains to Christians. Getting offended at someone telling you ___________ (are a sinner for being gay?) is the last thing on earth that should happen, unless they are constantly in your face over it.

It shows they actually care about you. It's like Penn Gillette said about it (paraphrased)...if you don't tell me or you're too scared of offending me to tell me, then you don't really believe it. And if you do believe it and still don't tell me, then you are a horrible person.

Well, maybe to you.

But to people who don't share your views, it probably appears as a judgemental accusation coming from a religiously-motivated bigot.

Maybe it does. I can only show them that's not true. I can't help it that modern society these days has deceived itself into believing that virtually the only sin there is is the sin of believing there's such as thing as sin to begin with.

But recognizing that homosexuality is not a sin is hardly the same as believing there is no such thing as sin.

Like I said earlier, there are lots of Old Testament admonitions which are ignored or simply dismissed as being temporally irrelevant. I don't see the problem with including homosexuality in that category.

It's not just an Old Testament admonition.

Your opinion

I'll add flippant and dismissive, inconsiderate, arrogant.

Your opinion

Whatever, Only GOD can judge me, not either of u, and I'm so thankful of that. Remember both of u will be judged also.

I'm not judging you. I don't know what your heart is like. I don't know your true motives. I'm just telling you how you sound.

Your opinion

Well yeah but,,,,,,,,,,,,,I didn't want to "pile on". And, of course, those three apply to me as well.

I'm not judging you. I don't know what your heart is like. I don't know your true motives. I'm just telling you how you sound.

Precisely. But, I have to admit that I am being somewhat judgmental. I truly did not want to make that leap but, I couldn't help it.

Since I've been called everything but a child of GOD, I'll leave this for u guys...................................Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5 KJV)

Since I've been called everything but a child of GOD, I'll leave this for u guys...................................Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5 KJV)

Congratulations on misunderstanding that verse along with 99% of the liberals you rail against.

Congratulations on misunderstanding that verse along with 99% of the liberals you rail against.

thanx, all knowing one.

Well, maybe to you.

Like I said earlier, there are lots of Old Testament Biblical admonitions which are ignored or simply dismissed as being temporally irrelevant. I don't see the problem with including homosexuality in that category.

It's not just an Old Testament admonition.

Fine. Make it Biblical.

Here's that irony blindness thing again. :laugh:

Here's that irony blindness thing again. :laugh:/>

And you're without sin, huh?

Here's that irony blindness thing again. :laugh:/>

And you're without sin, huh?

The Apostle Paul:

Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

If that passage you quoted meant what you act like it means, Paul himself would be guilty of judging. He's not. Calling actions wrong is not judging someone. Stop misusing that verse to deflect deserved criticism.

Archived