Michael Sams coming out party

JMassie11

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthew. 23:27

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

:starorange:

But there are many cases in which there are greek or Hebrew words that have multiple meaningslso, there are other formal translations that use different words (ASV for instance). I take it it is your assertion that they are also divinely inspired?

Different Christians might state it a little differently, but orthodox Christianity has held to the original manuscripts being divinely inspired, not the translations.

You are right that different translations use different words in a lot of cases. Like I said, it is complicated. This doesn't even address the issue of which manuscripts do we even use for our English translations. There are literally thousands of fragments of copies of copies of the originals and Bible scholars have to decide which of those are accurate before they even try to translate them!

But, this is why we call it the Christian "faith." By faith we believe that God gets his Word to his people somehow... and sometimes even in spite of us!

But people who use the bible to determine that homosexuals do not have the right to marry who they want to (for example), do so on the basis of "chapter and verse".

WWJD?

2. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

1 Corinthian 6:9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

And Pharisees came up to Him and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?” He answered, “Have you not read that He Who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said,

‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” (Matthew 19:3-7, ESV)

Jesus has just defined marriage as a male (man) to a female (woman), and that's how the men to whom He was speaking understood it.

1 Timothy 1:9:10: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

If AJ McCarron (or any other heterosexual) has the right to kiss his love on national TV, so does Michael Sam. If TV networks choose to televise the kiss, that's their decision. If people do not care to see it, don't watch. If something on TV catches you by surprise before you can avert your view, get over it! I see things everyday that offend me, including religious bigotry, poverty, war, and hypocrites of many kinds. I do what I can to remedy injustice, then just get over what I cannot change.

The 14th Amendment guarantees all persons equal rights under the law, not just all heterosexual persons. It seems obvious to me that should include equal secular marital rights.

The 1st Amendment guarantees all religions the right to practice their faith as they see fit (with obvious exceptions such as human sacrifice) including, thankfully, myself and my own faith. That, to me, means churches/religions have every right to define marriage within the confines of their faith as they choose. But the same Amendment also means that on the secular level, government cannot limit rights (marital or otherwise) based on some religious yardstick. Nor can any religion attempt to deprive any person of their Constitutional rights.

[in any case, as with so many other threads that start in sports forums, probably time to move this to "All Things Considered" or "Politically Speaking", by the way.]

All these "captain save a homo" on this board please answer this question, have either of u ever seen a gay animal? If you're honest about it, that alone should tell u it's unnatural! Also, U non believers can scream to the mountain tops til u turn blue in the face about it being no GOD, but neither one of us created ourselves! If it were possible, I most definantly wouldn't be commenting on a message board, and neither would any of u!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

That's an Incomplete list, I haven't seen homosexual activities at all in those pics, lol, try again!

All these "captain save a homo" on this board please answer this question, have either of u ever seen a gay animal? If you're honest about it, that alone should tell u it's unnatural! Also, U non believers can scream to the mountain tops til u turn blue in the face about it being no GOD, but neither one of us created ourselves! If it were possible, I most definantly wouldn't be commenting on a message board, and neither would any of u!!

http://en.wikipedia....sexual_behavior

That's an Incomplete list, I haven't seen homosexual activities at all in those pics, lol, try again!

Leave it to war eagle6 to take a nice debate and dumb it down a few notches. Well done.

But there are many cases in which there are greek or Hebrew words that have multiple meaningslso, there are other formal translations that use different words (ASV for instance). I take it it is your assertion that they are also divinely inspired?

Different Christians might state it a little differently, but orthodox Christianity has held to the original manuscripts being divinely inspired, not the translations.

You are right that different translations use different words in a lot of cases. Like I said, it is complicated. This doesn't even address the issue of which manuscripts do we even use for our English translations. There are literally thousands of fragments of copies of copies of the originals and Bible scholars have to decide which of those are accurate before they even try to translate them!

But, this is why we call it the Christian "faith." By faith we believe that God gets his Word to his people somehow... and sometimes even in spite of us!

But people who use the bible to determine that homosexuals do not have the right to marry who they want to (for example), do so on the basis of "chapter and verse".

WWJD?

2. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

1 Corinthian 6:9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

And Pharisees came up to Him and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?” He answered, “Have you not read that He Who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said,

‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” (Matthew 19:3-7, ESV)

Jesus has just defined marriage as a male (man) to a female (woman), and that's how the men to whom He was speaking understood it.

1 Timothy 1:9:10: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

No, actually according to that account, Jesus was simply describing marriage in general terms, he wasn't "defining" anything. From what I know about Jesus, I don't think he would condemn homosexuals in a loving relationship.

But thanks anyway for proving my point with all those references written by humans over 2k years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....sexual_behavior

Leave it to war eagle6 to take a nice debate and dumb it down a few notches. Well done.

U know what u can do 4 me and it's not nothing nice!

WWJD?

No, actually according to that account, Jesus was simply describing marriage in general terms, he wasn't "defining" anything. From what I know about Jesus, I don't think he would condemn homosexuals in a loving relationship.

But thanks anyway for proving my point with all those references written by humans over 2k years ago.

Wrong again satan! GOD would NEVER accept a loving relationship between same sex individuals!

WWJD?

And Pharisees came up to Him and tested Him by asking, "Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?" He answered, "Have you not read that He Who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said,

'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." They said to Him, "Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?" (Matthew 19:3-7, ESV)

Wrong again satan! GOD would NEVER accept a loving relationship between same sex individuals!

Why? :dunno:

Because it is written! Read the bible, or better yet for u to have a visual of where homosexuality comes from, try googling this: baphomet statue. (Make sure u pay close attention to chest area)

WWJD?

Jesus does love everyone, no doubt! I am glad he loves me despite my sin. It is more than obvious from what we have posted and what the word of God says that homosexuality is a sinful life style and unless any of us sinners become "born again" we will not go to heaven.

Jesus never said: Do not take thy Heroin or Crack needle and inject it into thyself for this is sin... But from reading the Bible, we know it will harm the human body God made for us so thus, it is sin.

As far as who wrote the Bible, (allot of the Old Testament Moses, and Kings and others allot of the New Testament Paul, MD's, fishermen and many others) you either believe it is the inspired word of God or you don't.

To a Believer it is the infallible, inspired word of God. To the non-believer it is not, but "Believer or not" to say the Bible doesn't condemn and warn us of the sin of homosexuality (and many other sins) is just not good reading comprehension.

John 3:3 Jesus said: his man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 3Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"…

Jesus also said when you become born Again:

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Because it is written! Read the bible, or better yet for u to have a visual of where homosexuality comes from, try googling this: baphomet statue. (Make sure u pay close attention to chest area)

In other words, you'd rather worship the bible - at least selected parts of it - rather than God.

Being a Christian is a huge part of my life and for years i was in one of those fundie churches. Later on, with maturity in life and maturity in faith i began to see that pretending to live a life of righteousness was a silly goal that we are all doomed to fail horrifically at. I know whole denominations that mangle one verse:

"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God” (1 John 3:7-9). and they feel that they can therefore condemn anyone they want.

There are others that have convinced themselves they do sin, but their sin is not as bad as another's sin. I call that the "theory of relative hierarchy of sins." It is a lie. Sin is sin and i am chief among the sinners. "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." 1 Tim 1:15. I rest there.

I know i am as screwed up as anyone. I have done stoopid in spades, on the Internet, with witnesses. I am no one but somehow God loves me anyway. That is a message i can share and be happy with. I love my new life, my new church, and my new friends. But i know, i am no better than the lowest. Mother Theresa was a true saint. Pope Francis may change millions of lives with how he leads his own life. humble folks are true reflections of the Holy Spirit.

Two things are true. 1) Jesus saved His true wrath for the believers who were too proud to see the truth. 2) Jesus hung out with people like me. For that i am eternally grateful.

Well said.

WWJD?

Jesus does love everyone, no doubt! I am glad he loves me despite my sin. It is more than obvious from what we have posted and what the word of God says that homosexuality is a sinful life style and unless any of us sinners become "born again" we will not go to heaven.

Jesus never said: Do not take thy Heroin or Crack needle and inject it into thyself for this is sin... But from reading the Bible, we know it will harm the human body God made for us so thus, it is sin.

As far as who wrote the Bible, (allot of the Old Testament Moses, and Kings and others allot of the New Testament Paul, MD's, fishermen and many others) you either believe it is the inspired word of God or you don't.

To a Believer it is the infallible, inspired word of God. To the non-believer it is not, but "Believer or not" to say the Bible doesn't condemn and warn us of the sin of homosexuality (and many other sins) is just not good reading comprehension.

John 3:3 Jesus said: his man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 3Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"…

Jesus also said when you become born Again:

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

1) There are many things in the bible that are described as sinful that you and every other professed believer routinely ignore as being temporally irrelevant. What makes this particular one worthy of observation?

2) Considering the arbitrariness of it all, who are you to judge anyone based on any particular one of these prohibitions?

3) What exactly is ungodly about two people of the same sex having a loving, romantic relationship aside from the fact wrote it thousands of years ago?

In other words, you'd rather worship the bible - at least selected parts of it - rather than God.

Don't try twisting anything I have said, you're not dealing with a rookie! I worship the one who inspired the book, GOD! Understand? But I also know that it is written, u can't get to the father, whom is in Heaven,without JESUS!! Like I've said countless times before; non believers, those that follow mans law, those that worship satan, u can't and will never shake my faith, so quit trying!!

Don't try twisting anything I have said, you're not dealing with a rookie! I worship the one who inspired the book, GOD! Understand? But I also know that it is written, u can't get to the father, whom is in Heaven,without JESUS!! Like I've said countless times before; non believers, those that follow mans law, those that worship satan, u can't and will never shake my faith, so quit trying!!

Who's trying? I know a fool's errand when I see one.

You obviously worship a book. Claiming it was "inspired" by God is simply justification for doing so.

I'll ask you the same question: Is every "instruction" - without exception - contained in the bible inspired by God?

3) What exactly is ungodly about two people of the same sex having a loving, romantic relationship aside from the fact people wrote it down thousands of years ago?

Edited by homersapien, Today, 04:41 PM. ^^ It's ungodly because it has satan's hands all over it! Lucifer goes against EVERYTHING GOD say is righteous; example: man must never lie with man as he does with a woman. Guess who says it's ok or do as thou wilt?..........Satan

3) What exactly is ungodly about two people of the same sex having a loving, romantic relationship aside from the fact people wrote it down thousands of years ago?

Edited by homersapien, Today, 04:41 PM. ^^ It's ungodly because it has satan's hands all over it! Lucifer goes against EVERYTHING GOD say is righteous; example: man must never lie with man as he does with a woman. Guess who says it's ok or do as thou wilt?..........Satan

In other words, this is more about being anti-Satan than pro-God.

Who's trying? I know a fool's errand when I see one.

You obviously worship a book. Claiming it was "inspired" by God is simply justification for doing so.

I'll ask you the same question: Is every "instruction" - without exception - contained in the bible inspired by God?

God said whomever takes from or have added to the words that HE spake into the BIBLE will be DEALT with!! Ur not dealing with a rookie!!!

In other words, this is more about being anti-Satan than pro-God.

Lol, whatever floats your boat dude! U have a serious comprehension problem

Archived