2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those highlights, oh my. He doesn't play like 6'1". More like 6'4". Wow.

I'm not the only one who plays a couple inches bigger than he is, Barnes.

What's the latest on Slayton? Hoke said on Friday that the Georgia 247Sports site reported Slayton stayed home this weekend:

You answered your own question. lol

Yeah, after reading Jonsey's post, I did.

I had assumed Slayton was planning a visit to AU this weekend, then canceled it, which obviously would have boded well for Georgia.

After reading it, he obviously canceled a trip to Georgia.

From most accounts, it's assumed we'll steal Slayton or Godwin (half say Slayton, the other half Godwin).

Could one surmise from this that neither wishes to share catches with one another? (i.e. one will stay, one will flip)

Maybe, but I think Godwin is a slot while Slayton is a WR.

If you have not had the chance to see Slayton play, watch his HUDL highlights. I believe is is at least as good as Burt and better hands. He will be great. This would be a huge pickup.

If you have not had the chance to see Slayton play, watch his HUDL highlights. I believe is is at least as good as Burt and better hands. He will be great. This would be a huge pickup.

I don't want to take anything away from Terry Godwin because he is an awesome player but Slayton looks like a better get to me. I may eat those words later but what I saw on the hudl highlights comparing both back to back, I have to say Slayton looks like the guy to get if we can only get one of the two. The only strike I see in Slaytons game is his flailing arms fighting for more yards....Quan Bray esque and looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

I don't want to take anything away from Terry Godwin because he is an awesome player but Slayton looks like a better get to me. I may eat those words later but what I saw on the hudl highlights comparing both back to back, I have to say Slayton looks like the guy to get if we can only get one of the two. The only strike I see in Slaytons game is his flailing arms fighting for more yards....Quan Bray esque and looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

Two different type players. Slayton more of a wideout, Godwin more of a slot guy....

Two different type players. Slayton more of a wideout, Godwin more of a slot guy....

Right, I wasn't trying to say they were going to play the same position but more about which one I would want if we only had a shot at one of the two.

I love Terry Godwins ability but I love the type of person he seems to be even more. I think he will grow into a very good football player. Slayton I have not seen as much about him personally but I wanted him bad when we were recruiting him as a Db but now I want him even more as a WR. Those highlights were really good.

That is very easy to coach away.

That is very easy to coach away.

I thought so too until Bray did it time and time again. Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to hate on Bray. The kids story is heart wrenching and i pulled for him to make it to the NFL. I am however saying what I saw as I saw it and it was never coached out of Bray.

I like Slayton's film better too.

I like them both and would gladly take both...

Kids got moves, speed, height and hands like Duke to go along with it...me likey

I know it's a highlight film but from the film, the only player on the team last year with that good of hands was Duke.

I like them both and would gladly take both...

Absolutely

Some of the posters on SECRANT are crazy. Some are posting that our WR recruiting is terrible in this class. If we pull Slayton, it is a great pull. If we pull Slayton and Godwin, it will be incredible. Can't wait.

I notice in the Decision Date thread Slayton could decide as early as today. Any updates if this may happen?

I was told he could decide tomorrow. I'll get back to it.

Archived