2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Just a bump. He is in Auburn tonight. Interesting. The reason he went to UGA was because he wanted to play WR. So this is a pretty big deal.

Interesting

Yep. Surprise unofficial official visit. Bring him back in the fold

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonesy posted this FWIW

If NSD were today, Auburn would sign Slayton.

Wow. Things are getting interesting.

For most of this month, it has been assumed Slayton would visit UGA unofficially this last weekend. Slayton has changed course and has made no plans to make the short trip which has left our staff pretty confident heading into NSD week. If Slayton doesn't pop into Athens this weekend we should feel great about adding him to our NSD haul.

For most of this month, it has been assumed Slayton would visit UGA unofficially this last weekend. Slayton has changed course and has made no plans to make the short trip which has left our staff pretty confident heading into NSD week. If Slayton doesn't pop into Athens this weekend we should feel great about adding him to our NSD haul.

:hellyeah:

So to be clear, we are recruiting him as a WR? Would we take more than one WR for the remaining slots?

Yes, and I believe we are still looking to take two WR (though that also depends on who else commits).

So to be clear, we are recruiting him as a WR? Would we take more than one WR for the remaining slots?

Yes, and I believe we are still looking to take two WR (though that also depends on who else commits).

The staff would like 2 more WRs. Slayton would fill the big WR role and guys like Godwin and Ryan Davis for the slot role. If we can't get them then we take the best available reardless of position.

The staff would like 2 more WRs. Slayton would fill the big WR role and guys like Godwin and Ryan Davis for the slot role. If we can't get them then we take the best available reardless of position.

OK, thanks guys.

Awesome!

Slayton is really good! This would be a HUGE pickup. He has speed, moves, hands, blocking, route running. Sure hope we get him.

Kid reminds me of Duke! Hope we get him!

Reminds me more of Rico. I think Slayton has more ability after the cacth than Duke.

What's the latest on Slayton? Hoke said on Friday that the Georgia 247Sports site reported Slayton stayed home this weekend:

You answered your own question. lol

What's the latest on Slayton? Hoke said on Friday that the Georgia 247Sports site reported Slayton stayed home this weekend:

You answered your own question. lol

Yeah, after reading Jonsey's post, I did.

I had assumed Slayton was planning a visit to AU this weekend, then canceled it, which obviously would have boded well for Georgia.

After reading it, he obviously canceled a trip to Georgia.

From most accounts, it's assumed we'll steal Slayton or Godwin (half say Slayton, the other half Godwin).

Could one surmise from this that neither wishes to share catches with one another? (i.e. one will stay, one will flip)

Archived