2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

He has had the NFL speed. Check his times in last years GA state track meet. Won 200m and maybe 100m? as well. Ran some crazy 100 time recently though and I believe that is what Keith mentioned. The other CB at GACS is a 4* as well, Micah Abernathy. UGA offered him before Slayton for some reason, but are now trying to get both. I still hear that we lead for Slayton from folks at GAC, but that UGA is really selling them on playing together, and for the "in-state" home school.

Not to hyjack the thread, Dixie, don't you live in Cumming? Where were you whne the shooting was happening late last week?

Back to Slayton, I would love for him to pull the trigger for us soon.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has had the NFL speed. Check his times in last years GA state track meet. Won 200m and maybe 100m? as well. Ran some crazy 100 time recently though and I believe that is what Keith mentioned. The other CB at GACS is a 4* as well, Micah Abernathy. UGA offered him before Slayton for some reason, but are now trying to get both. I still hear that we lead for Slayton from folks at GAC, but that UGA is really selling them on playing together, and for the "in-state" home school.

Not to hyjack the thread, Dixie, don't you live in Cumming? Where were you whne the shooting was happening late last week?

Dixie, you in Cumming? Also JFDTiger? So do I.

We need a War Eagle gathering up here! :)

Dixie, you in Cumming? Also JFDTiger? So am I.

Bike, I actually live in Roswell/Alpharetta. I quess you were OK during the shooting last week too?

Bike, I actually live in Roswell/Alpharetta. I quess you were OK during the shooting last week too?

Yep, I was at work off Lenox Parkway!

Close enough!! Lots of AU people up this way. We ought to all meet up (how about Pappadeaux) one night!

I had 8 employees across the street that saw/filmed the whole thing. We are doing the electrical work (along with Cleveland Electric) at the new Jail/Sheriff/Fire Buildings. Our office is on Shiloh Rd. a few miles south from there. When Crystal and I got married I officially moved to Woodstock. It is closer to the company/office her family owns and our daughter likes her school. So being the gentleman I am ( :-\), I opted to be the one with the commute. (30 mins each way, no biggie) AU is strong up here.

I had 8 employees across the street that saw/filmed the whole thing. We are doing the electrical work (along with Cleveland Electric) at the new Jail/Sheriff/Fire Buildings. Our office is on Shiloh Rd. a few miles south from there. When Crystal and I got married I officially moved to Woodstock. It is closer to the company/office her family owns and our daughter likes her school. So being the gentleman I am ( :-\), I opted to be the one with the commute. (30 mins each way, no biggie) AU is strong up here.

Do you post on SECrant too? Someone posted some pics or video there of the incident.

I actually attended GACS, have a family member on staff.

GACS? GA Correctional System?

Greater Atlanta Christian School. We used to wrestle against them a few times a year

Thank you dire. It being Dixie, I had to ask.

You may be correct, too.

It was often referred to as Greater Atlanta Correctional School by the kids at the local public schools. Of course I never got in any trouble...

You may be correct, too.

It was often referred to as Greater Atlanta Correctional School by the kids at the local public schools. Of course I never got in any trouble...

I wavered on putting the Christian part of the name in quotation marks

Now that we know where everyone lives, works and the correct definition of GACS, can we get back to the topic of Darius Slayton?

You may be correct, too.

I'll date myself here; one of the best athletes ever to come out of GAC was Cindy Brogdon. (Sp) She was am amazing basketball player. She went on to play for Tennessee and may have been Coach Summits first superstar player. Brogdon went on to play in an Olympics I think.

Yep, won a Silver Medal. Was listed among the Top Ten players in GA her SR year (The guys list). Only female to do so up until then IIRC. I was like 6 yo then.

gc, I know you are paying top dollar for your AUF account. I will personally cover your dues for next month. Please accept this as MY apology.

My question still is why he hasn't committed already...

I've noticed you ask that about nearly every recruit no matter what their timetable is. Chillax my man.

I've noticed you ask that about nearly every recruit no matter what their timetable is. Chillax my man.

Just the one's that have been strong Auburn leans for months and won't pull the trigger. McBride, Slayton, and Daryl Williams are a few. But I'll stop asking and hope for the best!

Just the one's that have been strong Auburn leans for months and won't pull the trigger. McBride, Slayton, and Daryl Williams are a few. But I'll stop asking and hope for the best!

Dat momentum doe...

Great speed can make up for getting beat. Being tall/lanky can make up for getting beat by a couple of steps. Could be talking about a shut down type of guy here!

Archived