2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Whats the chance at us pulling one or both of the Clemson receivers since they visited over the weekend?

Weegs ... is that YOU? Where ya been?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your thinking of a different poster by the name of weegs. I dont post much. I thought I was being original when I came up with the name weegs, but realized later that there was a regular here who was going by that name already. LOL!!

I notice in the Decision Date thread Slayton could decide as early as today. Any updates if this may happen?

I was told he could decide tomorrow. I'll get back to it.

Thanks! I know you have a life, but like most I feel almost like Christmas and can't wait to see what's under the tree.

Some of the posters on SECRANT are crazy. Some are posting that our WR recruiting is terrible in this class. If we pull Slayton, it is a great pull. If we pull Slayton and Godwin, it will be incredible. Can't wait.

Jason Smith is as good a WR as anybody can sign. Had McGriff qualified we'd have been in good shape there regardless. At this point we do need one more but it's still not 'terrible" by any stretch.

Slayton called both AU and UGA last night and said he has not made a final decision yet. He could commit today, but it is not likely. We are in very good shape on this one.

Some of the posters on SECRANT are crazy. Some are posting that our WR recruiting is terrible in this class. If we pull Slayton, it is a great pull. If we pull Slayton and Godwin, it will be incredible. Can't wait.

Jason Smith is as good a WR as anybody can sign. Had McGriff qualified we'd have been in good shape there regardless. At this point we do need one more but it's still not 'terrible" by any stretch.

I really liked what I seen from Smith in the all-star game at WR.Unless he is dead set at playing QB,I think he will see the field a lot next season if he plays WR.

Just read an article from ajc about Darius Slayton. His mom said she has always been an Auburn fan. Her cousin is Darrell Crawford. Played LB for us back in the 90's. Pretty good player too. They like UGA and Auburn but the family connection may tip the scales our way. Nice article.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/03/breaking-darius-slayton-talks-auburn-vs-uga/

Just read an article from ajc about Darius Slayton. His mom said she has always been an Auburn fan. Her cousin is Darrell Crawford. Played LB for us back in the 90's. Pretty good player too. They like UGA and Auburn but the family connection may tip the scales our way. Nice article.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/03/breaking-darius-slayton-talks-auburn-vs-uga/

I saw that. Seems to be looking real close. I like having a shot.

She says some positive things to say we have an edge because of family ties

War eagle

Hope the young man will listen to his mother.

A lot of folks have expressed strong feelings around here about mothers influencing their child's college choice, but something tells me they won't be responding this time.

A lot of folks have expressed strong feelings around here about mothers influencing their child's college choice, but something tells me they won't be responding this time.

They should always make the decision which is in the best interest of mother Auburn. :) Joke.

They should always make the decision which is in the best interest of mother Auburn. :) Joke.

:thumbsup:

Archived